User Tag List

Page 84 of 728 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184584 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rant Thread

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Yesterday was the day from hell.
    1. Had almost no sleep the night before but had a deadline to meet.
    2. Completed the document but it took 4 tries for my client to get it since it kept being blocked on his end and his IT guy was useless.
    3. Fell on some stairs, broke the nail on my middle finger painfully and acquired a 2" bruise on my knee.
    4. The lock on my driver's side door got stuck so I had to get in through the passenger's seat.
    5. I accidentally locked my bedroom door and when I used the key, the lock broke inside and wouldn't open.
    6. After calling 12 locksmiths who were all booked up, I found one but he charged $100 for the emergency trip to open my door.
    7. Ran out and bought a new doorknob, took all the hardware out, only to find out it didn't fit so I had to return it and get a different model.
    8. Put the new, new doorknob in only to find out I had put the bolt in backwards so I had to take it all apart again and redo it.
    9. Settled down to watch a favourite movie only to find that the DVD wouldn't play (major scratch).
    10. Said "FUCK IT" and went to bed.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Yesterday was the day from hell.
    1. Had almost no sleep the night before but had a deadline to meet.
    2. Completed the document but it took 4 tries for my client to get it since it kept being blocked on his end and his IT guy was useless.
    3. Fell on some stairs, broke the nail on my middle finger painfully and acquired a 2" bruise on my knee.
    4. The lock on my driver's side door got stuck so I had to get in through the passenger's seat.
    5. I accidentally locked my bedroom door and when I used the key, the lock broke inside and wouldn't open.
    6. After calling 12 locksmiths who were all booked up, I found one but he charged $100 for the emergency trip to open my door.
    7. Ran out and bought a new doorknob, took all the hardware out, only to find out it didn't fit so I had to return it and get a different model.
    8. Put the new, new doorknob in only to find out I had put the bolt in backwards so I had to take it all apart again and redo it.
    9. Settled down to watch a favourite movie only to find that the DVD wouldn't play (major scratch).
    10. Said "FUCK IT" and went to bed.
    Wow. I haven't had a day like that in a long time. The chances are increasing though, now that this 2 foot terror* I live with is opening every drawer she can get her hands on.

*Note: not the wife, she's at least twice that tall.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Wow. I haven't had a day like that in a long time. The chances are increasing though, now that this 2 foot terror* I live with is opening every drawer she can get her hands on.

*Note: not the wife, she's at least twice that tall.
    Aren't there drawer and cupboard locks you can buy to kid-proof your home? Might save everyone a little grief.

*Rhetorical question: Does your wife roll her eyes at you a lot?

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Aren't there drawer and cupboard locks you can buy to kid-proof your home? Might save everyone a little grief.

*Rhetorical question: Does your wife roll her eyes at you a lot?
    I'm INTP! Plus we don't want to mess with the cherry cabinets, haven't even put handles on them.

And why do you ask??? Have you been spying on me? How do you know such secret interactions??!

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'm INTP! Plus we don't want to mess with the cherry cabinets, haven't even put handles on them.

And why do you ask??? Have you been spying on me? How do you know such secret interactions??!
    Cherry wood cabinets are nice.

And yes, you're INTP which covers the eye-rolling guess as well!

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Cherry wood cabinets are nice.

And yes, you're INTP which covers the eye-rolling guess as well!
    RANT: annoying Js!

Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

It's not enough. IT'S NOT ENOUGH!
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Again- ENFJ friend,
    I am fairly insensitive and self-absorbed, but tonight you most certainly took the cake for both of those categories.
    Rather than being the least bit consoling toward our friend whose relationship ended officially within the past 12-20 hours, you took this time to berate him 10 times for smoking a cigarette. It was rude to imply to other people that said boy was overly upset about you turning him down 3-4 months ago, then trying to compare his sickeningly close relationship of 3 months to that instance. It is also rude to imply he was overly emotional, when you've held onto that instance and let it stand in the way of being a friend to him. It was rude of you to criticize the degree that feelings of love can impact a person, especially when you've admitted on numerous occasions that you are completely unaware of loving feelings or caring about anyone to a massive extent.

Beyond this, I timed how long you talked about yourself tonight. Initially, it was a half hour straight. The only break before talking yourself up more was when food arrived, but even that didn't last too long. After that, it was about 95% of the next hour and a half. You also retold me 15 of the same things you've already told me 1-2 times already. It lets me think you truly have no concept of other human beings and what conversations you have had with them, because discussing yourself is 3000x more important.
    You interrupt people constantly, and expect them to listen to you at every given moment that you speak, but when someone interrupts you it's as if someone shat on your cornflakes and shoved your face in the bowl. It's irritating. You are not the center of the universe, nor do you actually believe you are, and nor is acting like you are even harder going to cause it to be a reality. I don't even know if you can tune into the fact that I can't be arsed to try to sympathize with you in most cases anymore.

Furthermore, I absolutely cannot stand the fact that I see a good person apart from all of that, but you keep taking a steaming dump on that side of yourself. It pains me to feel very love/hate toward another human being. It also pains me to be driven into apathy in one of my friendships. No, it's not about me, but it's hard to even want to be a proper friend to you when you constantly turn things to yourself, then persist in peacocking your insecurities and pessimism.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Just got my wallet stolen and having to cancel all my credit cards and filing a police report. Pain in the rear.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

What a f'in douchebag. I always knew you were a douchebag...but this... Wow, I'm impressed, just when I didn't think I could lose anymore respect for you, I lost all of it. So you wanted to remodel your house, but couldn't afford it....or didn't want to pay to do it. Take your pick... Whatever. So you go out and put all the supplies and new stuff on credit cards and rack up a massive amount of debt... And then you make sure to file bankruptcy before the end of the year so they won't take the money out of your tax return. You have now become the douchiest of all douches in my eyes now. I hope you f*** up your remodeling and fail to properly support the wall you are taking out (that happens to be a support wall)......and I hope your house implodes.