User Tag List

Page 702 of 727 FirstFirst ... 202602652692700701702703704712 ... LastLast
Results 7,011 to 7,020 of 7269

Thread: The Rant Thread

  1. #7011
    Clean Slate Array CitizenErased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rouskyrie View Post
    I feel extremely disillusioned. The people I've come to surround myself with are unbelievably conflictual. It seems that as soon as a day comes along in which things are finally peaceful and I'm doing well, they feel the need to start a conflict. If I don't acknowledge it, supposedly I'm immature, I'm weak, I'm an awful person. But I don't understand how that makes sense. I simply want to maintain a peaceful atmosphere. I'm not quite sure how I can appease people with no intention of resolution or a lack of conflict. If I choose my inner peace, I'll lose all of them and suddenly I'm selfish. But if I choose them, I won't have my inner peace. I didn't intend to surround myself with people who at first seemed to care, but now care nothing for me. It's not just a few people, it's everyone I'm closest to. I've even been told as such by others, but I always dismissed the possibility, because I wanted to think for the best. That's why I enjoy the TypologyCentral community. The people I've spoken to moderately here respect me more as a person than I've experienced in reality for the longest time. All of you are a welcome change, so thank you.
    It happens. Sometimes ther are aituations in which you are surrounded by people that aren't the way you expect/hope. That's why I'm here too. There's a difference between sharing with people you're "stuck with" by proximity and CHOOSING who yu want to share with, even if the other person is thousands of miles away from you.

    How to appease people, by the most violent comic strips: doing unexpected things that will make them forget about the conflict and avoid you having to meddle in the conflict.

    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

    Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud
    Likes Rouskyrie, geedoenfj liked this post

  2. #7012
    banshee next door Array magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    I was walking home from class after stopping in at Dunkin Donuts to get some hashbrowns and some guy tried to steal my hashbrowns! I was distracted because I was by Harold's Chicken and a homeless man was asking if I'd buy him a piece of chicken and then some guy ran up and tried to grab my bag of hashbrowns out of my hand in broad daylight! I held on tight and yelled what the fuck and he ran away.

    Who would try to steal someone's hashbrowns? It's just low.
    Likes labyrinthine, Eskimo2 liked this post

  3. #7013
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,338

    Default

    It feels like a great inefficiency in my brain when I find knowledge isn't where I thought I'd left it.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"


    … a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm
    Likes geedoenfj, CitizenErased, Eskimo2 liked this post

  4. #7014
    Clean Slate Array CitizenErased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    439

    Default

    I hate finding people online that are really interesting but live in my same city. If they ever want to meet, I have no excuse!
    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

    Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  5. #7015
    banshee next door Array magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    I'm done identifying myself as a sensor on this site.

    I don't care if people think sensors are stupid but a line is crossed when they think sensors can't understand art, or can only relate to art as an object - that we only care about color or texture or aesthetics.

    How am I even an actor if I supposedly can't understand abstract concepts? Feelings, being abstract concepts, are of course things I have no understanding of, nor do they even exist in my world view. Neither does human motivation, as that is also purely intuitive territory. If someone showed me a painting by Pollock I would turn into the mental equivalent of Harambe and only be able to scratch my head in confusion. I can only understand art that portrays real things, like apples in bowls.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  6. #7016
    ;) Array geedoenfj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenErased View Post
    I hate finding people online that are really interesting but live in my same city. If they ever want to meet, I have no excuse!
    The same here
    They're usually in another country and like "We miss you so much" then I'm like " Oh I miss you too .." then they're like "Ok listen, I'm flying over to your place the next week.."
    Me:
    I mean I like meeting people and all of that, I would welcome this visit if I was still unmarried and have less responsibilities, I guess my life is not allowing me to welcome that much interaction with people anymore..
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress


    6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2
    Likes CitizenErased liked this post

  7. #7017
    Clean Slate Array CitizenErased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    The same here
    They're usually in another country and like "We miss you so much" then I'm like " Oh I miss you too .." then they're like "Ok listen, I'm flying over to your place the next week.."
    Me:
    I mean I like meeting people and all of that, I would welcome this visit if I was still unmarried and have less responsibilities, I guess my life is not allowing me to welcome that much interaction with people anymore..
    Happened to me once with a penpal many years ago, after like 10 months chatting everyday, he goes "hey, next month I'm going there!" and I was "but... I'm not mentally prepared for myjust-words friend become 3D" and I disappeared from the... Internet's surface? until the "threat" was gone. He didn't travel, so everything's fine, haha
    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

    Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  8. #7018
    Clean Slate Array CitizenErased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I'm done identifying myself as a sensor on this site.

    I don't care if people think sensors are stupid but a line is crossed when they think sensors can't understand art, or can only relate to art as an object - that we only care about color or texture or aesthetics.

    How am I even an actor if I supposedly can't understand abstract concepts? Feelings, being abstract concepts, are of course things I have no understanding of, nor do they even exist in my world view. Neither does human motivation, as that is also purely intuitive territory. If someone showed me a painting by Pollock I would turn into the mental equivalent of Harambe and only be able to scratch my head in confusion. I can only understand art that portrays real things, like apples in bowls.
    Maybe it's not that sensors relate to art as an object but appreciate more some details that intuitive let pass. It's not like being intuitive is seeing the matrix, most of the ones I know are oblivious to details that sensor friends would pick up immediately. I hate abstract art. When I posted there I meant what I'm saying now (for if it wasn't clear). Both sensors and intuitives are able to see "the real thing" and "the thing beyond", but Sensors may have an ability to pick up on details that intuitives don't and intuitives may pick up on other details that sensors may not be interested in. All of this, of course, if we take into account a stereotypical version of a system that classifies people. I believe the ability to appreciate art (and what kind of art) or not is in the background of the person and their relationship with different ideas and objects and sensations, not in S or N. More than half my classmates are Sensors and they are all studying art and they excel at iconologic (what symbols mean) analysis.

    Just don't take it too seriously. I don't like threads that have like a hidden motive trying to make one function better than another, that's why I replied with the meaning of art in general and tried to ignore the OP question.
    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

    Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud
    Likes magpie liked this post

  9. #7019
    banshee next door Array magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenErased View Post
    Maybe it's not that sensors relate to art as an object but appreciate more some details that intuitive let pass. It's not like being intuitive is seeing the matrix, most of the ones I know are oblivious to details that sensor friends would pick up immediately. I hate abstract art. When I posted there I meant what I'm saying now (for if it wasn't clear). Both sensors and intuitives are able to see "the real thing" and "the thing beyond", but Sensors may have an ability to pick up on details that intuitives don't and intuitives may pick up on other details that sensors may not be interested in. All of this, of course, if we take into account a stereotypical version of a system that classifies people. I believe the ability to appreciate art (and what kind of art) or not is in the background of the person and their relationship with different ideas and objects and sensations, not in S or N. More than half my classmates are Sensors and they are all studying art and they excel at iconologic (what symbols mean) analysis.

    Just don't take it too seriously. I don't like threads that have like a hidden motive trying to make one function better than another, that's why I replied with the meaning of art in general and tried to ignore the OP question.
    The detail thing is possible but I personally miss sensory details and the way I appreciate art comes from an appreciation of meaning, connection, soul, expression, and emotion. I also appreciate art from a historical context, as an illustration (literal or metaphorical) of a moment in time. I think Se types are more likely to be involved in physically expressive arts but that's not because they're incapable of thought.

    I agree with what you're saying and thanks for responding.
    Likes CitizenErased liked this post

  10. #7020
    Trick or treat Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    :}
    Posts
    5,558

    Default

    I feel like Im elderly. Its 1030 and I want to go and make the person next door 'go turn down the ruckus' so I can go to bed. They are sooooooo LOUD. Just SHUT UP AND STOP HAVING FUN! S

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 03:44 PM
  3. The thread critic thread/The bumpin' threads thread
    By UniqueMixture in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 04:23 AM
  4. The Introvert Rant Thread
    By Lightyear in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
  5. Childfree: The Rational Spawn of a Rant Thread
    By Totenkindly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO