User Tag List

Page 682 of 728 FirstFirst ... 182582632672680681682683684692 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 7278

Thread: The Rant Thread

barking dogs. barking dogs everywhere
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I only had TWO errands I wanted to run today, but neither are possible because the stores are closed on Sunday

Now what am I supposed to do with my day??
    eat ice cream
    by @magpie
    Likes EJCC, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

how about you go fuck yourselves fucking hypocrites. pretending to be good people. whatever helps you sleep at night.
    by @magpie
    Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

fuck my ego it expects too much shit and when it doesn't receive that shit it makes me feel terrible. why can't my ego just be happy with the good it has?
    by @magpie
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Looks like Facebook has decided to redo their ads so that they all circumvent ad blockers. I suspect they'll get paid for every ad that someone says they don't want to have on their feed.

I'm waiting for the ad blockers to circumvent the circumvention. In the meantime, I'll ignore most of FB for now.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Cloudpatrol, SD45T-2, ceecee, JAVO liked this post

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

Frustrated. The wife and I were talking politics with our son (he asked who we were voting for). After spending 5 minutes basically telling him why Hillary was awesome and Donald is Satan, I told him I may vote for Jill or Gary, when asked who I was voting for. I was explaining the basic principles of the green party and she kept interrupting to say they weren't important and would not win. He seemed interested in the environmentalist aspect of Green politics and she got really upset, told me not to try to shape his beliefs, let him think for himself, right after spending minutes basically talking up her own candidate. Fuck it.

I've noticed lately she's become increasingly dismissive of any mention of Jill Stein, when just a month or two ago she was all JillNotHill and lamenting Bernie's loss. She'll even talk about Johnson in a positive light (odd, considering libertarianism goes against a lot of her beliefs, moreso than the Green platform), but Jill? Just a quack hippie all of a sudden.

I really don't care she's pro Hillary, it's the dismissiveness (I spend cumulative hours listening to her rave about what Hillary said or tweeted) toward anything I mention about Stein and double standard regarding our son that's bothersome.

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Some people are just honest to goodness, happy, healthy individuals. There is nothing wrong with them, they are not repressing some hidden evil within. Everyone has their demons, and everyone has their insecurities, but it infuriates me to witness some people take their own issues out on others, particularly on those bright examples of people we should all relish, and attempt to bring them down to their level of self-loathing. Rather than trying to bring others down to your level, I advise you put in the effort to raise yourself up to their level and beyond. You don't dumb down people to some level of mediocrity, that gets society nowhere. Aspire to BE more and challenge yourself to BE that vision of yourself that you can be.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!
    Likes prplchknz, Osprey, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It's horribly hot outside (95, feels like 105), record-breakingly humid, I had a stressful week, I'm overreacting to something I did wrong and am therefore horribly guilty for no reason, I'm covered in sweat and grime from my commuting by bike in the heat (and DIYing the thing I did wrong, which involved my A/C unit), and did I mention I'm starving?

I'm glad this week is over, but that's the only thing I'm glad about right now. Everything is the worst -- but only because I'm making it that way. Which is even more frustrating.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Rather than trying to bring others down to your level, I advise you put in the effort to raise yourself up to their level and beyond. You don't dumb down people to some level of mediocrity, that gets society nowhere. Aspire to BE more and challenge yourself to BE that vision of yourself that you can be.
    You've pointed out something that bugs me about some people to no end. People should improve themselves rather than take their self-loathing or whatever it is out on others.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Waiting to evolve Array Urarienev's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm sick of my family being enablers. It makes me wonder if I am too.
    Freedom isn't free.

I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate.

Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Eric

10w12