User Tag List

Page 673 of 728 FirstFirst ... 173573623663671672673674675683723 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,730 of 7280

Thread: The Rant Thread

If opening your web page makes my laptop go slow because its so jammed with ads and crap I'm not even going to stay to read the story or whatever.

Likewise if I have to click through a bunch of "pages" with a single line or so on them but a stack of ads I wont care to carry on with that crap beyond "page" 2.
    Likes Lillita liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

for once on this fucking forum can we please not have a tragedy thread turn into a fucking political debate? oh wait of course not.
    by @magpie
    Likes Ivy, uumlau, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    for once on this fucking forum can we please not have a tragedy thread turn into a fucking political debate? oh wait of course not.
    I should mention that the problem isn't "the forum", it's the news media, the social media, and the whole internet, pretty much. There is nothing much appropriate to say other than expressing condolences and grief, but once those are out of the way, there is no discussion left other than the political debate.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes SpankyMcFly, Reborn Relic, geedoenfj liked this post

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I can agree with the sentiment that some time must pass first. How much depends. This is a value thing and is my personal view that I hold only myself to.

That said, the why something happened is inextricably connected to the what. Causality . It's very hard to do at times for some. I get it and understand.

I work with an ESTJ who refuses to watch the news or anything resembling news. When asked she simply says "It makes me mad, sad and frustrated. Why would I do that to myself? about things I can do almost nothing about?"
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    I work with an ESTJ who refuses to watch the news or anything resembling news. When asked she simply says "It makes me mad, sad and frustrated. Why would I do that to myself? about things I can do almost nothing about?"
    As a fellow ESTJ who has said almost that exact thing before, I have to chip in and note that there's an easy answer to this:

1) find the things you CAN do,
    2) dedicate yourself to doing them to the best of your ability, and
    3) ensure that you have a system in place to prevent yourself from burning out and losing hope*.

*Activist Burnout Is Real – And You Probably Need to Read These 4 Ways to Manage It — Everyday Feminism
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I need that article. Rapidly approaching the "dig a hole and hide in it" stage of activist burnout. Not that I do much.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I need that article. Rapidly approaching the "dig a hole and hide in it" stage of activist burnout. Not that I do much.
    You do a ridiculous amount on your Facebook page though. That plus being very empathetic is enough to warrant it.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Red Herring liked this post

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    As a fellow ESTJ who has said almost that exact thing before, I have to chip in and note that there's an easy answer to this:

1) find the things you CAN do,
    2) dedicate yourself to doing them to the best of your ability, and
    3) ensure that you have a system in place to prevent yourself from burning out and losing hope*.
    She's said the part I mentioned a couple times and I once followed that up with the question "Being such a social person, surely there is something you follow that resembles news?" Her response "I pay attention to things I CAN do something about". Me nodding, then I asked her if she cared to share an example. It was almost scripted how quick and easy she replied, as she went through a short list. While she's rattling off her list I'm paying very close attention to which might be more important. She showed no noticeable micro facials.

I reasonably guessed that the first listed would be most important and I said that she mentioned "frustrated" as one of the reasons she doesn't watch the news, surely issue 1 comes with moments of frustration. She replied "All I can do is try my best" I nodded and work interrupted our convo. In my head I'm thinking "ESTJ, final answer"
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

My 15-year-old sister has just decided that it's time to start watching cartoons. To be fair, we didn't watch them as children, but it's so fucking annoying with that drivel constantly droning on. I'm going to rip my ears out.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes uumlau, Yamato Nadeshiko, N/A, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    My 15-year-old sister has just decided that it's time to start watching cartoons. To be fair, we didn't watch them as children, but it's so fucking annoying with that drivel constantly droning on. I'm going to rip my ears out.
    I roomed with an INTP way back when who was in his mid-20s. He'd have the cartoon network on all day. If he rented a movie, it was anime.

Been there, done that.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post