Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 7273

Thread: The Rant Thread

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it got covered just took a week of walgreen's fighting with my insurance company. this happens every month and i should learn by now that walgreen's here is really good at getting insurance to pay when insurance doesn't want to. I just have to go pick it up but it's going to storm all night and i do have enough to not have to go tonight. and in about a week i'll be back on private insurance which i was on before and didn't have these types of problems.

Awesome. Glad it got resolved. I hate all the paperwork bullshit that can get in the way of receiving proper medical care.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Awesome. Glad it got resolved. I hate all the paperwork bullshit that can get in the way of receiving proper medical care.
    this is what happens when a country is runned by corporations, instead of the interests of the people.
    by @magpie

I went for a walk today with one of my family members, & there were these construction workers down this one street working on a water line. As we passed them, I heard one of them say "I would never let my daughter dress like that." I assumed they had to be talking about me, but my family member was like "There's no way. You're not dressed bad at all."

I had a good mind to march right up to them & confront them myself. Whether they're talking about me or another woman/girl, that's not a comment I ever think people should make. What a woman/girl wears is up to her, & if others choose to objectify her, than that's their problem. I just let them be ignorant, though.

I did want to say
    1. I'm 21, so no one has to tell me what to wear or not to wear
    2. I'm not even dressed remotely bad (I had on a workout tank top with no clevage or my stomach showing. In fact, I'm only an a or small b cup, so my shirts hardly ever look revealing. I also had on pink jean like short shorts, but they are in no way booty shorts. They're shorts you're likely to see anyone from 10 to 30 somethings wearing.
    3. I'm closer to their age than my dad is. I'm old enough to date them, not be their daughter.

Sorry this was so long. I just needed to get my thoughts out about this.
    "You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him."- Audrey Hepburn

Tumblr
    Likes Reborn Relic, chickpea liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

I know the answer as I write, but sincerely trying and failing never gets any fucking easier.

I wonder what other's limits of diminishing returns are? I'd always gone by a rough rule of thumb that after around the 30th fail or so I was starting to play into sunken cost fallacy and unless I was willing or able to devote an intense amount of time to it, it wasn't worth continuing.

Of course it depends on what that is. The more complex the investment, the more involved it becomes. So 30 fails of a kind of physical movement in, say, certain kinds of skiing, is easier to recover from. But 30 fails of a start up business or expensive exams is harder to recover from.

Then again, there is a school of thought that understands that the 31st try might be the success. But that is very 'jam tomorrow' and close to the sunken cost fallacy.
    Emotional control or understanding helps too.

I think there is a middle position between picking oneself up and moving forward, while accepting the limitations of what you were dealt.

Everything else in between is more to the person's judgement.

Still fucking annoying though.

TLDR: Wah wah wah life ain't fair.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

Senior Member Array Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I'm tired today. My husband was dreaming and woke me up last night asking me to return the thing that I stole. I said I didn't take anything, and told him he was dreaming. He insisted I took something and said I had dangled it in his face and laughed. He searched my side of the bed until I yelled. I hate it when he wakes me up with his sleep-talking nonsense.

I complained about it this morning and he said that whatever it was i did last night, I shouldn't do it again. *yawn*
    Likes SpankyMcFly, geedoenfj, JAVO liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    I'm tired today. My husband was dreaming and woke me up last night asking me to return the thing that I stole. I said I didn't take anything, and told him he was dreaming. He insisted I took something and said I had dangled it in his face and laughed. He searched my side of the bed until I yelled. I hate it when he wakes me up with his sleep-talking nonsense.

I complained about it this morning and he said that whatever it was i did last night, I shouldn't do it again. *yawn*
    you're married? and a girl or a gay dude? either way i just never thought you were married and always imagined you as a straight dude.
    by @magpie
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

you're married? and a girl or a gay dude? either way i just never thought you were married and always imagined you as a straight dude.
    Same. Probably because everyone on the Internet is a straight dude.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Same. Probably because everyone on the Internet is a straight dude.
    except you in which you are a 56 year old grandma
    by @magpie
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch, EJCC liked this post

Senior Member Array Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

omigod. I'm so tired. Barely getting the energy up to tell you I'm not a dude.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    omigod. I'm so tired. Barely getting the energy up to tell you I'm not a dude.
    can you be a dude in my imagination? i mean it would require less energy if you just let me believe you are male.
    by @magpie