Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 7277

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

come on guys, you're supposed to be fucking professionals! don't fuck up something like that

first off you forget something important and then you forget ALL of the important things and now I have to leave the house TWICE during the glorious thunderstorm when I'm supposed to be getting shit together because a guest is coming over for dinner tonight

also directed at someone else here... QUIT INVITING PEOPLE OVER, DAMMIT!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

How long does it hurt after wisdom tooth extraction?

Edit: Oh I thought it's random thought thread (I often mistake them), but I guess it belongs here too.
    It's not rhetorical question. I would like to know.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post

Edit: Oh I thought it's random thought thread (I often mistake them), but I guess it belongs here too.
    I think it depends on the person, i honestly don't remember tons of pain from mine, of course my mom crushed up my painpill and anti biotic in some pudding because i couldn't chew yet right when i got home from the appointment, made the pudding taste nasty but i don't recall any pain.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I think it depends on the person, i honestly don't remember tons of pain from mine, of course my mom crushed up my painpill and anti biotic in some pudding because i couldn't chew yet right when i got home from the appointment, made the pudding taste nasty but i don't recall any pain.
    It depends on how impacted it was. Some wisdom teeth just pop right out, others need to be torn out, and cause commensurately more pain both in terms of intensity and duration.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    It depends on how impacted it was. Some wisdom teeth just pop right out, others need to be torn out, and cause commensurately more pain both in terms of intensity and duration.
    I don't remember how impacted mine were or anything. I do know that pain pills both nsaids and opioids tend to be super effective on me. I can have a headache that makes me nauseus and occasionally vomit and take 2-3 normal ibuprofen and within about 40 minutes to an hour i'm fine, where with other people they'd still have a headache. I don't think it's a migraine because i doubt normal ibuprofen would work if it was.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

All four of mine were impacted. I had them taken out on a Friday and I was back in school the following Monday. Not at 100%, but I was there and it was okay.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It was between 24 and 36 hours for me. TBH the most angst I had after the surgery related to how fucking frustrating it was to only eat yogurt and smoothies and ice cream for every meal. I legit cried from how much I wanted solid foods.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    yupp

you know what some smarty pants scientist should do is figure out how to combine our dna with sharks so when we lose teeth they just regrow, save so much money on dentists bad tooth? just yank it out let it regrow.
    by @magpie
    Likes Alaska, geedoenfj liked this post

fuk, my legs so sore
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    All four of mine were impacted. I had them taken out on a Friday and I was back in school the following Monday. Not at 100%, but I was there and it was okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    It was between 24 and 36 hours for me.
    Thank you guys. I'm going to be patient.

TBH the most angst I had after the surgery related to how fucking frustrating it was to only eat yogurt and smoothies and ice cream for every meal. I legit cried from how much I wanted solid foods.
    Yeah, I didn't think it could happen but after two days I got sick of ice cream. Now I'm eating food more similar to real food like cold cream soups and cold scrambled eggs.
    Cold leek soup isn't that bad.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle