MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

@Hard
    @uumlau
    @Morning Star
    @SpankyMcFly

This isn't a rant, so it's technically not on topic, but I wanted to thank you all for responding to how upset I was earlier. Dealing with someone who has NPD is not easy, as I have learned over the past several years, and each of your comments has made a positive difference in my week, just knowing that there are more people around me that care enough to respond. Thank you.
    Likes Hard, uumlau, Morning Star liked this post

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I took a nap earlier and now I can't sleep. Fuck everything

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

People with a true cluster-B personality disorder are not merely "damaged," and no, they are not to be lumped in with bipolar and depressed patients. The latter actually have empathy circuitry and respond to treatment.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3

There should be a rule/law about not smoking inside jeepneys or any other public vehicles or any place where lots of people are walking. They might not be aware of "second-hand" smoking.
    Likes Ursa liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Petrahygen View Post
    There should be a rule/law about not smoking inside jeepneys or any other public vehicles or any place where lots of people are walking. They might not be aware of "second-hand" smoking.
    There is in the UK.
    Likes Morning Star liked this post

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Petrahygen View Post
    You might be interested in research on the matter from the Journal of the National Cancer Institute ~ No Clear Link Between Passive Smoking and Lung Cancer

"A large prospective cohort study of more than 76,000 women confirmed a strong association between cigarette smoking and lung cancer but found no link between the disease and secondhand smoke.

“The fact that passive smoking may not be strongly associated with lung cancer points to a need to find other risk factors for the disease [in nonsmokers],” said Ange Wang, the Stanford University medical student who presented the study at the June 2013 meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology in Chicago."

A couple of articles from mainstream media:

Forbes: Forbes Welcome
    Cato Institute: The Second-Hand Smoke Charade | Cato Institute

TL&DR: Research on second hand smoke (76,000 sample size) shows no causal link nor statistical significant link.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes ZNP-TBA, Petrahygen liked this post

This user is always right Array geedoenfj's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Oh, I reported it up the ladder, so they can be "taught".....or let go.....new hires are not always worth keeping....
    Back in college, there was a term where the students were supposed to get a proper training for two months in a company then prepare a report about their experience, unfortunately one of those companies were moving and they used trainees to carry boxes and papers instead, colleagues sent complains about it and one student was so pissed off he was talking to us like: "Now what am I suppose to write in the report? What's my experience? What did I learn? The only thing I did is gaining some muscles from lifting stuff! I'm gonna write my weight lifting experience"
    I just remembered that when you talked about new hires, if they ever piss you off, just get them to carry heavy stuff around and they're good to go
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    You might be interested in research on the matter from the Journal of the National Cancer Institute ~ No Clear Link Between Passive Smoking and Lung Cancer

"A large prospective cohort study of more than 76,000 women confirmed a strong association between cigarette smoking and lung cancer but found no link between the disease and secondhand smoke.

“The fact that passive smoking may not be strongly associated with lung cancer points to a need to find other risk factors for the disease [in nonsmokers],” said Ange Wang, the Stanford University medical student who presented the study at the June 2013 meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology in Chicago."

A couple of articles from mainstream media:

Forbes: Forbes Welcome
    Cato Institute: The Second-Hand Smoke Charade | Cato Institute

TL&DR: Research on second hand smoke (76,000 sample size) shows no causal link nor statistical significant link.
    Yeah, you may be right. My post was a bit naive. That was stupid. I'm sorry.

This user is always right Array geedoenfj's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I'm not a big fan of sci fi or conspiracy theories, but for some reason I think @phobik is actually an alien visiting planet earth spying on people
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    @Hard
    @uumlau
    @Morning Star
    @SpankyMcFly

This isn't a rant, so it's technically not on topic, but I wanted to thank you all for responding to how upset I was earlier. Dealing with someone who has NPD is not easy, as I have learned over the past several years, and each of your comments has made a positive difference in my week, just knowing that there are more people around me that care enough to respond. Thank you.
    Aww, it's no problem at all dear I'm glad we all could help you out!
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Likes Ursa liked this post