User Tag List

Page 627 of 729 FirstFirst ... 127527577617625626627628629637677727 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 7283

Thread: The Rant Thread

Y all the good ones are taken?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    The thing is I can't really name my feelings or tell what exactly is wrong... I know exactly what I feel but I simply can't explain it.
    I know I know I know! Same here.

But each feeling has a particular tone or taste or whatever. You know it when you feel it. The trick isn't to "name" it, but just to figure out what it's a signal far. Talking it out with a friend can help, if only to bounce ideas back and forth and see what clicks.

Also, sometimes, as I learned later in life, certain feelings mean, "It's time to get out of your head and engage the real world." Hence, dancing.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes SpankyMcFly, Fay liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Most times when I hear someone mispronounce a word (usually pronouncing it phonetically based on spelling), I just assume they learned it from reading, which is certainly NOT an indictment of intelligence.

Then of course there are the instances where everyone purposefully pronounces a word wrong, e.g., gwah-dah-LOOP instead of gwah-da-LOO-pay for Guadalupe, because it's the proper name of a street, for example, and the incorrect pronunciation makes it clear that they're talking about the street. If I use the "correct" pronunciation for the street, people are like "Huh, what did you say?" and I have to pronounce it wrong to get the "Oh, Guadalupe! Why didn't you say so in the first place, man?"
    Maybe they are confusing Guadalupe with Guadeloupe?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Also, sometimes, as I learned later in life, certain feelings mean, "It's time to get out of your head and engage the real world." Hence, dancing.
    Clearly sensor activity going on

My own rant, related to people who think that way... I was relaying a story from my childhood awhile ago with someone from typec and how I occasionally got into fist fights when I was younger (over the stupidest things). The person felt the need to try and pull my INFP card and insinuated I was really an ISFP, obviously. Internally I was face palming and momentarily felt the urge to throttle them, verbally. Intuitives NEVER get into physical confrontations? RIIIIGGHHHHTT...
    Last edited by SpankyMcFly; 04-09-2016 at 07:42 AM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    The relavant part of this video is 2:30-2:40

Do her salivary glands produce an adhesive? I can't understand 75% of the shit she's saying.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Do her salivary glands produce an adhesive? I can't understand 75% of the shit she's saying.
    Here is the original from New Yorker L.P.D.: Libertarian Police Department - The New Yorker Imagine a police dept. that is run by a private for profit organization Quite Robo-Cop'ish. All the product placements are just satire of our own consumerist society.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Here is the original from New Yorker L.P.D.: Libertarian Police Department - The New Yorker Imagine a police dept. that is run by a private for profit organization Quite Robo-Cop'ish. All the product placements are just satire of our own consumerist society.
    Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie basically had the same idea back in the eighties :
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vLfghLQE3F4
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Petrahygen liked this post

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

type frustration

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    type frustration
    frustration
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post