User Tag List

Page 625 of 729 FirstFirst ... 125525575615623624625626627635675725 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 7287

Thread: The Rant Thread

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    So, last week, I mailed out a copy of the CA apt keys to the s/o's parents in NYC. They're flying out tomorrow. I figured a tiny parcel like KEYS would be there by now. Over the weekend I checked tracking (estimated delivery date was Thurs March 24th). It went from the MA post office I'd mailed it from after a dr appt (I mailed it directly from the counter, so I know postage was sufficient), to Boston, THEN up to NH (return address label was in NH).. at which point I got concerned/called the post office. They said it did go up to a central processing place in NH, but then went on toward NY.

Check the tracking today. As of 9:19AM it says it's Out For Delivery in NY. Only, it's fucking night time now, & it definitely wasn't in their mail today. Wtf, USPS. WTF. You're stupid & I hate you.
    The relavant part of this video is 2:30-2:40

My fav line out of the video: "No matter how many bitcoins you steal, you'll never take away the dream of an open society based on personal and economic freedom" @ 3:05-3:15 if you want to see the context of that quote.

I feel bad - they were nice enough to let me & the INTP crash there a couple nights on the way back up from our road trip last summer, not really knowing me at all - and when I try to do a favor, it gets all fucked up.
    I get it, frustrated. I recommend hitting the range and taking out your aggression on a target made to look like someone who works at USPS. This is win/win/win because when the zombies come marksmanship is going to be crucial to your survival and ability to thrive in a post apocalyptic dystopia. Thirdly, you may want to go on an anti USPS rampage someday and this practice could mean the difference between success vs. failure. You're what, almost 30 now? Fire up that Se!

I feel like a giant asshole, now.
    I know this is par for the course with INFJ's, so in a way you're an asshole not for feeling bad about the outcome of the above, that's expected. Which leads into my next point. You've done this (I blame INFJ) prolly several thousand times in your life prior. Please learn/adapt. You should be anticipating your emotions from outcomes like this (use the Ni !) and already know a 'correct' response, which is to go to the range and reap your win/win/win. This is lowbie assholery imo, hardly the stuff of a giant asshole, so I'm not going to hold it against you. This time. Others might though.

I also recommend taking up some tenets of nihilism. It's quite useful (seriously). Just be careful you don't stare too long into the abyss. It will change you (likely).
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Someone smoking weed on the job?
    Are you implying knowledge of skunk weed?! *GASP* (seriously though, good one )
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes EJCC, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Are you implying knowledge of skunk weed?! *GASP* (seriously though, good one )
    I was definitely being partly serious. When in doubt, assume it's not a skunk. Lessons learned from growing up in a hippie town.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Masokissed, SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I've actually had someone watch my typing challenge video and type me as ESFP.
    Agreed. What is your annoyance is anothers' rage, or shooting rampage I'm going to make some presumptions and offer you unsolicited advice in the process.

Tell these... heretics (passed a 'will' check to not use RETARDS, directly) to check out Piaget's theories on cognitive development http://www.columbia.edu/itc/hs/nursi...ct05Slides.pdf and when you couple that with the theory on MBTI cognitive function development (sorry no link atm). Tell them your age or some other means to show 'them' where you are at on the spectrum of development. Point out that INTJ's inferior is Se. At some point INTJ's really go all Se, usually starting in early 30s and picking up speed until its almost an obsession by 45 consequently. Done.

Pointing and laughing is optional. Me however, I'd get one of them to bet you that you can demonstrably show that your interest in dance while being an INTJ is not only probable but common/likely, given the above and hardly a reason that you are not an INTJ. This way you gain with the proceeds (which you can use to fund evil INTJ master plans). They are also more likely to remember the heavy handed spanking you give them (since they lost money and were possibly ridiculed) *insert research papers on memory formation, the role emotion plays and how this affects motivation* which will in turn motivate them to 'learn' from the experience and move a tad closer to achieving their full potential. Helping people achieve their potential has been deemed 'good' by society.

This will also reinforce the positive opinion you have of yourself (human universal) and give you a tad boost in self esteem for the 'good' deed, especially if others praise you. This is important to do because your self esteem is an anxiety buffers against mortality salience. Which you 'need' to achieve psychological equanimity, which allows you to function, since you lack the instincts for automatic action like the lower animals. This deed will also serve to add value to your personality theory/ies immortality project; "Uumlau was here, and he was a nice guy who mattered and consequently, his symbolic self will be immortal" We're natural dualists, it appears.

Or you could just resort to violence. Or not. In the end, it really doesn't matter though, since eventually the human species will go extinct and the universe will just keep on trucking

This weather is hurting my eyes. They go between super dry to dripping tears. I couldn't play tennis because they became irritated and started the self-flushing mechanism.

I mean, I didn't even want to play tennis but that doesn't mean I want to look like I'm crying on the court.
    Night is another candle

I just dont have the personal and professional support network I think I need, also there's no one to talk to when I feel the need, its not often but its a thing.

Don't Dream It, Be It Array Masokissed's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Post-Caffeine Addiction Diaries:

Returning to the soda, sip 1: cool so cool and smooth I forgot

Sip 10: Headache

Glass gone: I feel like a heroin addict. I'm craving a surprise needle shoot up by someone while I'm asleep. Black tar for a black heart.

We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot

Likes SpankyMcFly, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    The relavant part of this video is 2:30-2:40

My fav line out of the video: "No matter how many bitcoins you steal, you'll never take away the dream of an open society based on personal and economic freedom" @ 3:05-3:15 if you want to see the context of that quote.
    I love this.

I get it, frustrated. I recommend hitting the range and taking out your aggression on a target made to look like someone who works at USPS. This is win/win/win because when the zombies come marksmanship is going to be crucial to your survival and ability to thrive in a post apocalyptic dystopia.
    Ha, I've been to firing ranges a few times. 9mm pistol & an AK-47. Headshot 40 yards out with the pistol.
    (probably just dumb luck)

I'm not much for guns, but since they exist, I prefer to know how to operate 'em on some basic level.

Thirdly, you may want to go on an anti USPS rampage someday and this practice could mean the difference between success vs. failure.
    I'll leave that to the miserable employees.

You're what, almost 30 now? Fire up that Se!
    Turned 31 a little over a month ago. Rest assured, the Se motor purrs like a kitten & runs nonstop... also like a kitten.

I know this is par for the course with INFJ's, so in a way you're an asshole not for feeling bad about the outcome of the above, that's expected. Which leads into my next point. You've done this (I blame INFJ) prolly several thousand times in your life prior. Please learn/adapt. You should be anticipating your emotions from outcomes like this (use the Ni !) and already know a 'correct' response, which is to go to the range and reap your win/win/win. This is lowbie assholery imo, hardly the stuff of a giant asshole, so I'm not going to hold it against you. This time. Others might though.

I also recommend taking up some tenets of nihilism. It's quite useful (seriously). Just be careful you don't stare too long into the abyss. It will change you (likely).
    Adapt? What is this strange term you're suggesting? *searches Google*
    Y'mean... people actually DO that?!

Since I don't have access to the firing range, telling a non-entity like the US Postal Service that I hated it served as my own firing range, haha.
    The mail thing was actually a first. I'd called the post office again, & they pulled up an image of the box from its previous scan. Apparently, an employee put the barcode tag on the back of the box, which confused the scanner machines, as the barcode needed to be on the same side as the written address. This led to the pkg needing to be processed manually, which took longer.

S/o managed to make new key copies, fortunately, so, crisis averted.

I've looked into the abyss of nihilism plenty. It's warm there this time of year.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I can't be everything to everyone... not right now

please quit expecting so much
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett
    Likes magpie, EJCC, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

People who treat all idle theoretical notions and suggestions as if the speaker is saying "THIS IS TRUE, MOST AMAZAROUS TRUTH" and then go on to undermine the speaker with pure contradiction without an argument are some of the most infuriating people on the planet.

Listen, if I start a sentence with any variation of "I have this idea.... " it doesn't mean I'm certain or I'm projecting ultimate truth, it is just a thought, open to critique, but I'm not open to bullshit conjecture without evidence or thought.

You fucking pieces of shit.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm
    Likes N/A, uumlau, Ursa liked this post