User Tag List

Page 61 of 728 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161561 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rant Thread

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What the frak!!! My husband insists upon buying a stick-shift that I can't even drive, and now has the nerve to suggest that I should buy an SUV when I get a new car, even though he knows that I HATE SUVs?? It does make sense that we should have one vehicle that can deal with heavy snow like today's, but that was supposed to be his-- he got a way nicer/more expensive care than I approve of and that I really think is reponsible on our budgett, but I agreed because it's all-wheel drive. Well I'm not getting a godd@mn SUV!!! :steam:

I know he'll forget about it by the time I am ready to get a new car (not until next November or December), and this is the first time in 20 years we've had a blizzard this bad, so I really don't think I need to get an SUV for that reason. We can deal with being snowed in ever 20 years or so. It just irks me that he thinks I should get a car I hate when he got the car he wanted even thought it was not financially responsible.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Yeah? Well don't let it happen again.
    ^ the wink kills it.

You're supposed to say " Thats right bitch! You better not let it happen again!!!! "

now thats how you do it.

Aqua, I lurve me an SUV. Can I haz?

Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

If you're going to destroy stuff and throw a temper tantrum that would make a 5 year old's temper tantrum look peaceful, ALL OVER A FUCKING FOOTBALL GAME, then you should seriously consider some anger management classes...it's a fucking game, calm the fuck down. And don't take that anger out on me and your wife, either. You're just successfully making me begin to generalize that males are terrible creatures (which I know many of them are not, I'm just a step farther away from that).

Men can be such babies.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

When I'm told not to do something, more than anything I want to do that exact thing.

Tell me not to talk to a certain someone for two weeks? I automatically think of fifty things I need to tell that person -- even if before being told that, I could have went two weeks no problem not talking to someone on my accord.
    Bah. How frustrating.

I woke up at the butt crack of dawn to prepare for a 6:30pm meeting today, I was in a rush, excited, and ready! I got to work early so I could beat traffic and to make sure I could find parking. The fucking asshole I was supposed to meet doesn't show up, no phone call either. I left in tears and now I'm sitting here stewing with anger and grinding my teeth. What a waste of my time! I hate it when people are flakey and unprofessional. I'm so pissed off. I've been here for over an hour. Dammit! Rawrrrrr!!!!!!!! I guess I will go home now shitty.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I woke up at the butt crack of dawn to prepare for a 6:30pm meeting today, I was in a rush, excited, and ready! I got to work early so I could beat traffic and to make sure I could find parking. The fucking asshole I was supposed to meet doesn't show up, no phone call either. I left in tears and now I'm sitting here stewing with anger and grinding my teeth. What a waste of my time! I hate it when people are flakey and unprofessional. I'm so pissed off. I've been here for over an hour. Dammit! Rawrrrrr!!!!!!!! I guess I will go home now shitty.
    No wonder you're pissed off. That drives me nuts. Wish people would be more considerate. :steam:

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    No wonder you're pissed off. That drives me nuts. Wish people would be more considerate. :steam:
    Yea I'm still pretty upset, I texted him and left a voicemail yesterday and he hasnt even called to apologize or reschedule....what a d-bag. I dont care how successful or how top notch people think they are, have some manners! Grrr!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Ginkgo

I'm so sick of having health problems.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    ENTj

I am fed up with being an extrovert and an effing perfectionist to boot. The two are completely at war with each other within me. On one hand, I want to be around people, but on the other hand, I have to study for hours by myself so that I can have a deep, rather than superficial, understanding of content. I talk to my profs and TAs and all. I've stopped doing study groups because they usually end in me reciting the course material to other people who have not studied anything in such great detail as I have, and then I end up studying less, too, because others look at me like I'm a total dork for studying so much, which results in me getting a lower grade. Even though I may know all the information, though, I still need to think through all the possible questions that may be asked. That's the only way I can ace a test/exam.

What drives me crazy, though, is how difficult it is for me to completely go into that focused/introverted mode. I cannot study for 2 days straight like many others can, because I end up looking like I'm stoned, bumping into everything, losing my balance, being dizzy, and even having headaches. And I do take breaks and work out. The only thing that could ever fix this state for me is socializing.

I want to be a good student. I want to get insane grades. I have worked for years to try to make myself not need as much human interaction as I normally need. But this is against my nature, and after a while, I break down being like this. This suppressive lifestyle makes me into an emotionally unstable wreck who throws loooud tantrums over every little thing and cannot properly function because of a perpetual hangover feeling.

I don't want to be myself. I don't want to be an extrovert. I just want to be able do well on something that is important to me. Why am I thinking of partying during exam time? I am regretting the time I've wasted during the past few months for socializing, because now I'm just cramming all the material into a tiny time frame. And the sick that I am feeling now is nothing compared to the sick I felt back then. This is overkill.
    Feel free to dispute my type.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Evguenia View Post
    I am fed up with being an extrovert and an effing perfectionist to boot. The two are completely at war with each other within me. On one hand, I want to be around people, but on the other hand, I have to study for hours by myself so that I can have a deep, rather than superficial, understanding of content. I talk to my profs and TAs and all. I've stopped doing study groups because they usually end in me reciting the course material to other people who have not studied anything in such great detail as I have, and then I end up studying less, too, because others look at me like I'm a total dork for studying so much, which results in me getting a lower grade. Even though I may know all the information, though, I still need to think through all the possible questions that may be asked. That's the only way I can ace a test/exam.

What drives me crazy, though, is how difficult it is for me to completely go into that focused/introverted mode. I cannot study for 2 days straight like many others can, because I end up looking like I'm stoned, bumping into everything, losing my balance, being dizzy, and even having headaches. And I do take breaks and work out. The only thing that could ever fix this state for me is socializing.

I want to be a good student. I want to get insane grades. I have worked for years to try to make myself not need as much human interaction as I normally need. But this is against my nature, and after a while, I break down being like this. This suppressive lifestyle makes me into an emotionally unstable wreck who throws loooud tantrums over every little thing and cannot properly function because of a perpetual hangover feeling.

I don't want to be myself. I don't want to be an extrovert. I just want to be able do well on something that is important to me. Why am I thinking of partying during exam time? I am regretting the time I've wasted during the past few months for socializing, because now I'm just cramming all the material into a tiny time frame. And the sick that I am feeling now is nothing compared to the sick I felt back then. This is overkill.
    Funny, you are a mean old ENTJ and you share some of the same issues I have as a ditzy fuzzy ENFP. I also turn into a zombie when I'm by myself too long, even if it's necessary studying or work. I found that theoretically, frequent SOCIAL breaks help. Or going to social places like coffee shops to study and getting to know the employees or having study sessions where you are doing separate studying and taking chat breaks. The goal is to break your natural 1-track focus and get out of the self-impelled cycle of "unnatural introversion" or to fake the funk by fulfilling a social need without having to put yourself out too much. You can also have a 'treat' day like they do for some diets where 1 day a week you just go krajee and party and fill up your social meter. You have to work it out for yourself what combinations best work for your time. Living in a dorm or a group house also helps a lot because you get frequent, constant, and readily available small doses of social time.

Hope that helps?

Okay, my rant thread - I wish I wasn't such a bum and took better care of myself when I'm being introverted. . . .
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari