User Tag List

Page 609 of 727 FirstFirst ... 109509559599607608609610611619659709 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 7266

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Everyone needs to just be nice and the world would be a better place guys
    Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    My life motto...
    OK, Douglas Adams has given you the go-ahead:
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl sitting on her own in a small café in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.
    So tell us, what's been going wrong all this time?

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes N/A, Olm the Water King liked this post

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

People who complain that beauty pageants are shallow, then watch X factor.

I get that one can be seen as more damaging than the other, and I get that everyone's got their hypocrisy/one improvement at a time, but it still gets to me.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Mainstream American culture "I want what I want at any cost, even if it hurts others, and you're meeeean if you tell me no." That's the emotional stage of a narcissist, it's not the legal definition of individual rights. It's the emotional stage of Ayn Rand, who was likely a sociopath. This is absolutely not what the "founding fathers" meant when they wrote the constitution. They apparently had no idea in 200 years people would not only lack religious beliefs, but also perspective, common sense, and personal responsibility.

I keep seeing how Marxism is a perversion of Christianity. And how! It's all the feel good stuff, with none of the personal responsibility. Everyone's a victim, even the oppressors, apparently.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

SEE-Fi /Gamma
    Likes Xann, Mole, SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Mainstream American culture "I want what I want at any cost, even if it hurts others, and you're meeeean if you tell me no." That's the emotional stage of a narcissist, it's not the legal definition of individual rights. It's the emotional stage of Ayn Rand, who was likely a sociopath. This is absolutely not what the "founding fathers" meant when they wrote the constitution. They apparently had no idea in 200 years people would not only lack religious beliefs, but also perspective, common sense, and personal responsibility.

I keep seeing how Marxism is a perversion of Christianity. And how! It's all the feel good stuff, with none of the personal responsibility. Everyone's a victim, even the oppressors, apparently.
    While I understand the need to vent. Splitting this off into a rant thread really doesn't help what you're doing, given that several of us are going to know the context of it. Further, this actually demonstrates perfectly why I am taking issue with this: moral condemnation.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

why must people spill their disagreements all over the damned forum and not neatly keep them in one thread?!?!?

that's right... knock it the fuck off here as well
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Olm the Water King, Hawthorne, N/A liked this post

I love how these threads conveniently keep closing right before I respond to someone's jab.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

the juxtaposition of the above post with the post above that is quite...

dammit... does nobody take my warnings seriously?!?

*storms off to room*

*slams door*

You don't love me and I hate you all! I'm gonna find a new family with blackjack and hookers!

once again... this is NOT an overflow area for rage about other forum parts
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Hard, Xann, Chanaynay, N/A, themightyfetus and 1 others liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

It's not the person who come s on here from something from another part of forum. It's the person who follows and comments back that's the issue. The first person walked away to vent their thought's.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    It's not the person who come s on here from something from another part of forum. It's the person who follows and comments back that's the issue. The first person walked away to vent their thought's.
    'tis far easier to prevent things before they happen than to deal with them once they have occurred
    Likes Hard liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I don't understand, how people can see something and go oh it's because x or y so they don't have to realize maybe the person is legit, but isn't gonna charm you. because only charming matter in life, if you're not charming, fuck you it doesn't matter how honest you are. what matters is how well you can kiss ass. +
    by @magpie
    Likes Ursa liked this post