User Tag List

Page 602 of 727 FirstFirst ... 102502552592600601602603604612652702 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 7269

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Current, soon-to-be-former boss is "out sick" and not showing the courtesy of calling any of us to say when he'll be in the office or even when his last day at the office will be.

I'm going to assume he won't be in at all, except MAYBE to show up for his own farewell party.

Good riddance, asshole. When you officially leave and I take on your title, I'm mopping the floor with your legacy.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    When you officially leave and I take on your title, I'm mopping the floor with your legacy.
    The floor is going to be kind of gross if you do that. Perhaps use warm water and chlorine bleach instead?

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes EJCC, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    The floor is going to be kind of gross if you do that. Perhaps use warm water and chlorine bleach instead?

More like holy water, a crucifix, and the Rituale Romanum...
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    If you google the pros and cons of the F-35, you'll find a lot more cons than pros. The best argument against it is that its main "pro" is that you'd have only a single fighter design to handle all fighter combat roles in all services, thus being a huge cost savings ... yeah, you should see where that line of reasoning is going.

It turns out that if you design an aircraft to do A, it doesn't tend to be so good at doing B or C or D. If you design it to be good at B, it tends not to be good at A or C or D. And so on. Therefore if you design an aircraft to be good at doing A and B and C and D, the fact that it does any one of these roles will make it bad at the other three. So overall, it will just suck because it can't excel at anything. Because it can't excel at anything, you get cost overruns because it never meets spec.
    Yeah, trying to do something that would replace the F-16 and A-10 for the Air Force plus the Hornet for the Navy and Harrier II for the Marine Corps was just a bit too much for one platform. And a lot of the awesome gizmos it's supposed to have still aren't fully developed.

You may be familiar with Augustine's Laws (I'm guessing Norman is an INTJ). Law 16 is "In the year 2054, the entire defense budget will purchase just one tactical aircraft. This aircraft will have to be shared by the Air Force and Navy 3½ days each per week except for leap year, when it will be made available to the Marines for the extra day." The great irony is that the F-35 has turned into exactly what it was created to avoid.

One of the best fighter aircraft designs to come along was, in my opinion, the F-16. Small and light and designed to be extremely maneuverable for dogfights, it can also carry a variety of missile and bomb loadouts. But it doesn't suffer the F-35 problems because it isn't supposed to also be stealthy, do VTOL, land on a carrier (with the requisite folding wings), etc.
    Yeah, the F-16 turned out great.

One of the elders at my church is also my orthopedist and his son is an engineer with the 412th Test Wing at Edwards. I've talked to him a few times and he says that it actually is possible to fly an F-16 without the electronic aids, but just barely. They've got some two seats F-16s setup so that the instructor can turn them off in mid flight to let the student feel the difference.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I hate lazy people... if there are alarms going off all around you fucking address the problem, don't decide that it's the proper time to kiss the boss' ass or stare into space or wander around aimlessly... do your fucking job, idiots if I have to stop what I'm doing and go and fix what you're supposed to be doing but aren't doing I will become your fucking problem that you have to deal with as well and remember for a second that I AM TECHNICALLY YOUR BOSS... I can easily make your day a lot worse if you think that you're going to get away with doing nothing while I'm working my ass off.
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett
    Likes N/A, EJCC, Yamato Nadeshiko, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I hate being a type 5 but it feels so true for me. I think I have anxiety issues which prevents me from having friends. I get too objective on peoples' mistakes that I forget that my "friend" has feelings I get so excited about sharing knowledge I have to say it.

I hope I can calm myself down, I almost had a panic attack
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

How do they do it? How do cats always know for what time you set your alarm so that they can wake you half an hour ealier?!?!?!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Oɴᴇ Dᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀ Tɪᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I can't believe there are people in this world who are as fucking stupid as they are

Mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    Save me from the things I see
    I can keep it from the world
    Why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

Why is there never enough fun stuff for me to binge post in at 2:30am?
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Anyone who calls themselves progressive and isn't a hypocritical neoconservative who is still voting for Hillary Clinton is apparently in a coma. And why isn't Barack Obama cowering for his life from a rage of pitchfork wielding wage workers, cancer patients and environmentalists? Do I have to organize this myself?
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

SEE-Fi /Gamma