User Tag List

Page 601 of 729 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611651701 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 7287

Thread: The Rant Thread

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

There are 46.7 million Americans living in poverty (as of 2014), one in fifty children will be homeless each year (and don't forget about the tens of thousands of homeless veterans), 14 percent of households are food insecure, over one in five children is impoverished, 45 percent of those not receiving mental health care list cost as a barrier, and schools are being funded less than they were before the recession.

Oh, but tell me more about how we need to increase the military budget.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1

Scientific research is the most tedious, annoying shit ever. I mean, props to those who can do it...but it certainly does not suit my nature.

Edit: Unrelated...but if I were to assign a type to research, I think NJs are the type most suited for it, leaning a bit toward NTJ depending on the subject.
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    :}

Im bored

Im booored

Im booooored

Im boooooooored

Im booooooooooored

Im booooooooooooooooooooored
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

MBTI

@Coriolis needs to come on vent more often, that is her true crime.
    Likes Masokissed, Cellmold liked this post

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Scientific research is the most tedious, annoying shit ever. I mean, props to those who can do it...but it certainly does not suit my nature.

Edit: Unrelated...but if I were to assign a type to research, I think NJs are the type most suited for it, leaning a bit toward NTJ depending on the subject.
    I can attest to that. Data taking can indeed be tedious, and troubleshooting experiments can be very frustrating. When it all comes together, though, and everything works, and you get your results and they support a clear conclusion - that is ambrosia on all levels.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

Anything preceded by the words "red velvet" makes me want to vomit. It's about as appetizing as green carpet.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Not MY rant, but yeah, WTF Bethesda!

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Oh, but tell me more about how we need to increase the military budget.
    F-35 Blows New Year’s Resolution, Gains $25 Billion – Duffel Blog

But seriously, axing the F-35 (the 21st century F-111!) and LCS program (basically a convoluted frigate via the most expensive, wasteful route imaginable) would free up up a lot of money for more utilitarian things like stocking up on Advanced Super Hornets to replace the A/B/C/D Hornets, some of which are literally falling apart. Granted, the Marine Corps would be hosed (in regard to STOVL capability) but they're used to that by now.

Anyway, if you really want a more detailed understanding of what's wrong with modern defense procurement, read up on concurrency.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI

Why do i have to be like this

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    F-35 Blows New Year’s Resolution, Gains $25 Billion – Duffel Blog

But seriously, axing the F-35 (the 21st century F-111!) and LCS program (basically a convoluted frigate via the most expensive, wasteful route imaginable) would free up up a lot of money for more utilitarian things like stocking up on Advanced Super Hornets to replace the A/B/C/D Hornets, some of which are literally falling apart. Granted, the Marine Corps would be hosed (in regard to STOVL capability) but they're used to that by now.

Anyway, if you really want a more detailed understanding of what's wrong with modern defense procurement, read up on concurrency.
    If you google the pros and cons of the F-35, you'll find a lot more cons than pros. The best argument against it is that its main "pro" is that you'd have only a single fighter design to handle all fighter combat roles in all services, thus being a huge cost savings ... yeah, you should see where that line of reasoning is going.

It turns out that if you design an aircraft to do A, it doesn't tend to be so good at doing B or C or D. If you design it to be good at B, it tends not to be good at A or C or D. And so on. Therefore if you design an aircraft to be good at doing A and B and C and D, the fact that it does any one of these roles will make it bad at the other three. So overall, it will just suck because it can't excel at anything. Because it can't excel at anything, you get cost overruns because it never meets spec.

One of the best fighter aircraft designs to come along was, in my opinion, the F-16. Small and light and designed to be extremely maneuverable for dogfights, it can also carry a variety of missile and bomb loadouts. But it doesn't suffer the F-35 problems because it isn't supposed to also be stealthy, do VTOL, land on a carrier (with the requisite folding wings), etc.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes SD45T-2 liked this post