Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Gotta love the 12th doctor swearing.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by GIjade View Post
    This scandal? I think the media concocts all sorts or "scandals" and horrible events just to keep the public scared and to make themselves feel like Gods. I think newscasters are the scum or the earth. They're liars and I don't know how they sleep at night.
    I think you're giving them more power than they really have. They can't seem to stop Donald Trump and they're really trying to with him. If you are a public figure and you fuck up - yeah the media will crucify you. But they aren't making anyone fuck up, people do fine all by themselves.

The Bill Cosby thing has been talked about for decades, none of these women just "came out of the shadows". This charge is the only one inside the statute of limitations. The media is not making any of this happen. There are a bunch of Bill Cosby truthers running off at the mouth recently, maybe you'll want to get with them.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I think you're giving them more power than they really have. They can't seem to stop Donald Trump and they're really trying to with him. If you are a public figure and you fuck up - yeah the media will crucify you. But they aren't making anyone fuck up, people do fine all by themselves.

The Bill Cosby thing has been talked about for decades, none of these women just "came out of the shadows". This charge is the only one inside the statute of limitations. The media is not making any of this happen. There are a bunch of Bill Cosby truthers running off at the mouth recently, maybe you'll want to get with them.
    Hey, listen, if the guy really is guilty of all that, he should be crucified. But, I don't believe any of it. I'm not on one side or the other. It just didn't happen, that's all. None of it. The Hollywood Elite can make anything happen on the airwaves. Anything at all. They are the ones responsible for making this shit up. They either paid Cosby to pretend he did this, and paid all the actress/accusers, or he just agreed, as an actor, to play a part. But I don't for one minute believe this story or most of the others that play out on the news. Hollywood is full of sick people.
    “Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post

The whole Cosby thing is curious because I remember seeing weird, racist I think, although not explicitly so, games and memes a long time ago and sort of dismissed them because I thought he was just a black guy done good and not a lot of people could stand that. I thought that at the time of the OJ trial and also the way the media covered Tigar Woods cheating on his wife. Although its turning out to be less about race and more about an abuse of perceived celebrity and power. At least that's how I've felt since Pestorius (spelling) shot his girlfriend and the news broke about Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris and, shamefully, virtually every male TV personality in childrens TV in the late seventies and eighties in the UK.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

They either paid Cosby to pretend he did this, and paid all the actress/accusers, or he just agreed, as an actor, to play a part.
    Ok then.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Hey, listen, if the guy really is guilty of all that, he should be crucified. But, I don't believe any of it. I'm not on one side or the other. It just didn't happen, that's all. None of it. The Hollywood Elite can make anything happen on the airwaves. Anything at all. They are the ones responsible for making this shit up. They either paid Cosby to pretend he did this, and paid all the actress/accusers, or he just agreed, as an actor, to play a part. But I don't for one minute believe this story or most of the others that play out on the news. Hollywood is full of sick people.
    I dont think that's credible, the reality is probably somewhere in between but this post sounds a little like you think you're living in the Truman Show. You're not, the world is really just that bad.

I hope they throw the book at the twisted fuck.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont think that's credible, the reality is probably somewhere in between but this post sounds a little like you think you're living in the Truman Show. You're not, the world is really just that bad.
    I know the world is that bad. I also know a few (more than a few) Hollywood actors, irl. And I know what they're capable of, I know how they think and I know what kind of shithead power they have. So, my assertion stands.
    “Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion

Dope& diamonds. Array Dyslexxie's Avatar

This Bill Cosby thing is heartbreaking, and whether it's true or it's just people milking on the opportunity (somewhat reminiscent of Michael Jackson), I hope for the best for all involved. I would hate for it to be true, but I also hate the idea that people would craft such destructive lies.

I'm also incredibly torn on the James Deen rape allegations because he seems like such a solid guy, but I love and respect Stoya and couldn't see her (or the other girls that come forth) fabricating any of it. It's just sad and I'll refrain from making judgements on this or other such cases until they've actually been proven guilty.
    Likes Reborn Relic liked this post

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Ugh, my kitchen is disgusting. I had no sleep last night, so today I'm going to eat out, then go to bed. Tomorrow evening I'm going to give the kitchen the works.