User Tag List

Page 578 of 729 FirstFirst ... 78478528568576577578579580588628678 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 7284

Thread: The Rant Thread

fuck fuck fuckity fuck

Default DG is a dumbass

You know what I hate? When I adhere to rigidly proven data/evidence that can be easily accessed at your fingertips, I am called an idiot and small minded. Why does looking at evidence that is clearly in front of us make me stupid? Why am I a dumbass because I don't believe in happy fairies, la la land, and homeopathy?

Why is everyone I meet so severely lacking in good Te? It drives me insane.

And most importantly, why can't I just shut up and let everyone blatantly state things that are false? Everyone thinks I'm an idiot anyway...and this only helps to further their belief and make me enraged.
    Likes themightyfetus, Ivy liked this post

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

You are not a dumbass.

But many things that are true have not been 'proven' yet.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    eSTP

I just got done reading about tube vs solid state amps. That was the biggest load of crap why tube is better then solid state. Not even gonna argue solid state is better. But when your first reason is less components provide a more accurate sound, your second argument is how good overdriving a tube amp slight sounds and how bad distortion sounds on solid state, and then that tubes give a warmer sound because they are driven to distortion bringing in harmonics that give it a warmer feel. Sounds like you don't like the original sound and want some altered sound that comes from the over driven harmonics that tubes provides over solid state. Sounds like people have displaced actual sound with distorted sound because it sounds better and claim it as more accurate...yeah...more accurately align to the warm feeling the warmer sounds give you that you enjoy. Saying that my only preference of buying one over the other is what I like better, not some crap about superiority over the other in something that is preference based.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I just got done reading about tube vs solid state amps. That was the biggest load of crap why tube is better then solid state. Not even gonna argue solid state is better. But when your first reason is less components provide a more accurate sound, your second argument is how good overdriving a tube amp slight sounds and how bad distortion sounds on solid state, and then that tunes give a warmer sound because they are driven to distortion bringing in harmonics that give it a warmer feel. Sounds like you don't like the original sound and want some altered sound that comes from the over driven harmonics that tubes provides over solid state. Sounds like people have displaced actual sound with distorted sound because it sounds better and claim it as more accurate...yeah...more accurately align to the warm feeling the warmer sounds give you that you enjoy. Saying that my only preference of buying one over the other is what I like better, not some crap about superiority over the other in something that is preference based.
    there's snobbery, but the non-linearity can have creative purpose/utility and ofc, subjective salt & pepper.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    there's snobbery, but the non-linearity can have creative purpose/utility and ofc, subjective salt & pepper.
    Yeah, I am sure it does, ust like that auto tune an sound cool as well. Not to mention digital music. It all have its place and it's uses and benefits. I don't know why people have to try an make one superior over another and not just recognize the differences.

Read another article from an audiophile on bose 901 and it was a good article...it compared them to high end audiophile and low end speakers and gave a really good comparison. Even went on to knock audiophile stuff for having "sweet spots" in frequency and how they start to judge based on sweet spots and forget the rest. In the end it's all a preference thing. And he is an audiophile with his preferences.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I definitely value mercy over justice but I still know that justice has to be served if mercy is consistently abused or forgotten.

For you to be thankful for all that I done for you and try to save your ass and still make you look good, you'd redicule my personal actions just because it affected your image and how you looked to others. Forget about yourself for once and stop telling me how to live and certainly by the way I have shown mercy to you many times over, to think you could assert your dominance on me is quite laughable and would now think that it is better to leave and to never to return to you ever again.
    Why you looking for a harmony?
    There is harmony in everything
    It's a butterfly who waits for wind
    To fly away

If you're looking for a dream girl
    I'll never be your dream girl
    Living in the real world
    Looking for a dream girl

Likes Petrahygen liked this post

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I just can't have fucking anything can I. I love a fish and it dies. I love a phone game and it gets a big update and for some reason my phone won't download the updated apk so it's now unplayable, even though another game last night I had to download an apk for worked just fine. Why am I not allowed any fucking happiness in my life.

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes Petrahygen liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

*grrr*

Traffic frustrations ...

OK, yes, I understand that it's polite to let the poor driver who is waiting to pull out from the shopping center from an exit that has no light pull out. But this driver was driving a pickup truck. With a trailer. And didn't want to pull into the right hand lane, but wanted to cross two lanes. And sat there fully blocking those two lanes for 20 seconds while it waited for the traffic in the third lane over to clear. In rush hour.

Finally, it clears, pulling all the way out.

The light is green. I've timed it. I'll make it through. But then you, who let that big-ass pickup truck out to block two lanes of traffic behind you, SLOW DOWN SO MUCH to make your right turn at the intersection that the light goes all the way from green to yellow to red.

You didn't trade YOUR waiting time in exchange for that truck's waiting time. You traded MY waiting time and the time everyone behind me.

*grrr*

I hate being angry about things that shouldn't matter, but I've learned I need to at least acknowledge them, however irrational.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

@whole Thread

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft