User Tag List

Page 574 of 728 FirstFirst ... 74474524564572573574575576584624674 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 7274

Thread: The Rant Thread

I don't want to go to school. I don't want to work.

What else is there?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Sounds like you're quicker to get burned out by this sort of thing than the average person.

It's totally normal to need a break from sad news.
    I can't avoid this though.

I have hidden over 100 posts on facebook, and it still won't stop. I keep getting bombarded by this every few seconds. It's all anyone seems to want to talk about.

It's all over reddit.

It got put in the first 20 minutes of the democratic debate (which I am currently watching).

I get burned out on news stories that result in emotional reactions and illogical decisions. This is one of them. I don't want this single act to change the world. Because if it does, it will only be made worse.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default The Rant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I want to turn off the news.

I want to turn off social media on the news.

I want to smack all of my friends upside the head for turning all their stupid profile pictures to flags. Woop de freaking do, do you want a cookie for making a few pixles change to make it feel like you did something?

I don't want to hear about the Paris attack.

I don't want to hear anyone talk about the Paris attack.

I don't want to hear about any of the other violence or hardships that have been happening.

I don't care, I don't have it in me to care, I can't afford it. And good lord I do not want to care so don't you goddamn try to make me feel guilty for not expressing outward support. If any of my friends tries this on me I am going to snap at them and I will give zero fucks. It's my perogative to ignore all this and focus my energy on things I can actually stop and control.

Individuals can't solve this, all of the attention is just going to make it worse, and lead to more problems. The entire situation is enraging me, on ALL sides. Everything. I just want to get on with my life and focus on what I have to do around me without having to deal with people being utter morons about it all. No, you're stupid "pray for Paris" bullshit isn't going to do a god damn thing. Get over your self and your stupid little keyboard warrior support. Shouting imigrints are the problem isn't going to solve it. Increasing national security isn't going to solve it. Sending the US or any troops isn't going to solve it. This is an intractable cultural problem that is FED BY ATTENTION. Like many things in this modern era. I don't have the answers, I don't think anyone does. But making public stinks about this and pretending to have answers and trying to force those "solutions" is the dumbest thing you can do. Newsflash: not all ideas are good ones. So keep them in your ass and shove them the fuck away.

I don't care if this post pisses people off. I can't take this. I'm fucking tired of the world reacting to this kinda shit. Hell I am just sick of the world reacting to anything with emotion. Just... stop. For the love of freaking god stop.
    That's what I feel most of the time, not specifically about Paris attacks but about so many other issues, but didn't know how to put it out, or maybe too afraid to express it even to myself because it would make me feel like a mean person who doesn't care about others but.. eventually I end up in a middle of discussions and arguments while I should have to take more care about my own issues, that's why I deleted my Facebook account and do not have a twitter or snapchat or many other social networks..
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

WHY AM I AWAKE IT IS 5 AM AND I HAVEN'T SLEPT.

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    WHY AM I AWAKE IT IS 5 AM AND I HAVEN'T SLEPT.
    because you haven't gone to sleep yet

you just said the answer
    by @magpie
    Likes Poki liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

You all know what you did, you all know the lies but you believe them. you believe that you are good people but i don't think you are. you tell yourself that you are a good person, but you are not. i'm not even a good person but i don't sit here saying how wonderful i am because i'm not. but i also don't lie to people and say that the world is good, that i am good. when i'm not i know if i help others i can't expect others to help me which you all have proven numerious times. but keep believing the fucking lies keep on. because i realize none of this matters no ones gonna say shit to me. and if they do i can't trust it. so i'll just continue to feel isolated and ignored. i hate you and i hate myself.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    You all know what you did, you all know the lies but you believe them. you believe that you are good people but i don't think you are. you tell yourself that you are a good person, but you are not. i'm not even a good person but i don't sit here saying how wonderful i am because i'm not. but i also don't lie to people and say that the world is good, that i am good. when i'm not i know if i help others i can't expect others to help me which you all have proven numerious times. but keep believing the fucking lies keep on. because i realize none of this matters no ones gonna say shit to me. and if they do i can't trust it. so i'll just continue to feel isolated and ignored. i hate you and i hate myself.
    You really need to find better people. I agree we are not all good or saints, but some are better then others when it comes to that stuff. We also all have different areas we are worse at and better at. Need to find people where the good and bad aligns with you. There are people in my life that do things that are not so good, but I don't really care about those things, then there are people who do things not so good that drive me nuts.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Lmfao my mom outed me to my dad and I didn't have any plans to come out to him this is just awesome
    The awful part, to me, isn't the sadness. Sadness is a good thing that tells us what is important to us. It's the moral posturing. I think that's mostly what @Hard was upset about, too.

I tend to despise moral posturing because it involves no courage whatsoever. Without courage, morality is just a way to conveniently feel good about yourself and perhaps garner social approval.

So go ahead and be sad. Go ahead and cry. Go ahead and pray. It's all good, and good might come of it. Publicly exclaiming all of that tends to remove most of that goodness, however.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Alaska liked this post

Terrorists suck cock.

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    The awful part, to me, isn't the sadness. Sadness is a good thing that tells us what is important to us. It's the moral posturing. I think that's mostly what @Hard was upset about, too.

I tend to despise moral posturing because it involves no courage whatsoever. Without courage, morality is just a way to conveniently feel good about yourself and perhaps garner social approval.

So go ahead and be sad. Go ahead and cry. Go ahead and pray. It's all good, and good might come of it. Publicly exclaiming all of that tends to remove most of that goodness, however.
    I don't really know if I'm following you. I'm not sad, I'm just pissed that my mom told someone else something that I told her in confidence. It's not really hers to tell.

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious