Ughhhhhhh sprreeeeaaadsheeeetsss whyyyyyyy
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes captain curmudgeon liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

I absolutely love fall, but already since September, the stores have been full of "Christmas this" and "Christmas that" stuff - chocolates, movies, super- special-cosy winter edition yogurts and puddings and whatnot. It's as if fall has never really existed - not even during Halloween, which has never really caught on here, but companies are trying everything they can to make money out of it. Not even that did work.
    STOP IGNORING MY FAVORITE SEASON DAMMIT!
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Make this headache go away! And my runny nose! And I want to stop coughing! And it's too cold in here! And I have a small stye on my eye and it hurts every time I blink. And my hands are red and dry and gross because I have to keep washing them from being sick and this happens every fall/winter and I hate it!

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I don't think I'm gonna get higher than a C on this bio exam...and that's pushing it.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

To the guy in the Mercedes who ignored me and my baby at the crosswalk and almost ran us over: I get that you have an enormous dick, but that doesn't mean you've got to act like one.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes EJCC, Ivy, Petrahygen liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

On my android smartphone there is a function to save battery life when low and a charger or alternative is not available. It specifically states that it cuts all 'non-essential functions' in order to maximise energy use efficiency.

Fine, sounds good. Well today I actually had to use it with only 5% left at work and I needed it on for contact, phone-calls etc....

When this mode is on there are several key apps that are kept because of their 'essential usefulness'; in no particular order of phone calls, texting, emergency quick dial, calendar, calculator, clock & facebook..... eh...? *Doubletake* Nope there's no mistake, there it is.....Facebook .

At what point is facebook part of my "essential" functions, one of which includes emergency dialling? I don't need it for communication & contact, I've got texting and phone calls. I certainly don't need it for alarms or calculations. I could maybe plan dates on it.....but then it's fighting for dominance with the already existent calendar.

But here's the main crux of my irritation with this being there as part of the default settings for "essential functions"; for it to be there at all, right up there with emergency dialling (which it is actually second place to on the list when scrolling through them) it means there are enough people in the world for a demand that facebook be part of their essential functions for saving battery life when they really need it.

It's a good metaphor for electronically created social distance taking priority over actuality, not as in reality, but as in meaning. There is a collective consciousness that appears to desire a lack of meaning.

Well....enjoy your fucked up priorities and take that selfie of your frozen grin on the mountain; I'm going to go looking for some signal, so I can dial the emergency rescue, which at least....is at number one.

ps: Realised it's even more nihilistic; the battery saving function turns off wi fi and 3/4G so it is also functionally useless.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

My sister was trying to explain something to me and I wasn't understanding. So she started to get frustrated. Then I started getting frustrated that she was getting frustrated when the only reason I can't understand her is because she's adding too much fluff and not thinking before speaking and therefore unable to explain with clarity. So that's what I told her. Not rudely, not yelling, but I said "You need to think before you start talking because you're not being clear enough to understand." She got really pissed and started crying. Now my dad's annoyed because he has to try and console her precious damaged ego and everyone thinks I'm an asshole. Well I'm not apologizing because what I did wasn't that bad and I did nothing wrong.

Edit: Oh my god I forgot to add the best part. This was right after a discussion in which she told me she didn't like people who weren't direct with her (either positively or negatively). Well, what I said was direct. And not even mean-spirited. Hypocritical.
    Last edited by 21lux; 11-06-2015 at 09:50 PM. Reason: added the edit

Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

There are no directions on the bottle of carpet cleaning solution that came with the machine. Do I use the entire bottle or do I dilute it? Neither....I'm going with another brand that has directions. Problem solved.
    It's important to thumbs down all your favorite Youtube videos. You don't want these artists to get big heads and start producing subpar material.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

My sister is still upset because of what happened last night. She left the house shortly after, and I don't know when she'll be back. Probably tomorrow night or Monday after school. She had our grandma pick her up and take her to my mom's house around 2300.

I am still not sorry and I am not going to apologize. My dad, uncle and uncle's girlfriend (who I've known for years so I consider her credible) this afternoon after discussing it were all trying to prompt me to apologize to her. I refused, saying that I did nothing wrong. They said they agree it wasn't wrong, but kind or harsh. I countered that it was hypocritical of her to accuse me of being too blunt and direct with her and hurting her feelings five minutes after she told me this is the kind of way she wanted people to talk with her. And I was not cruel. They want me to at least apologize that her feelings are hurt and not because I was wrong in any way. I still won't do it.

It's stupid that this is even a problem. She was fucking complaining 5 minutes before the "incident" that shouldn't even be an incident that she was pissed at a friend of hers for not telling her that he didn't like her T-shirt design idea instead of passive-aggressively and indirectly trying to put down all of her ideas. Instead, he told her it was okay, and didn't give constructive feedback. Right after that she was trying to explain something to me (I don't even remember what anymore honestly) and I didn't understand a word of what she was saying. It's like in her mind, she goes from Point A to B to C etc. but out loud when describing it she jumps around too much and goes from A to F to C and I can't follow her. So I fucking told her so. I said she should take as much time as she needs to think it out before explaining it because she wasn't being clear. Crying was an overreaction, especially after the goddamn conversation we had 5 minutes before!

She creates unnecessary drama where she paints herself to be a victim and me to be evil. I don't want to be a part of it. I've never had any problems with any other human being on this earth nearly as badly as I do with her, and it's always she who starts it, over the most insignificant and stupid of things. I don't want to be a part of her bullshit anymore, but as long as she lives here I can't avoid her completely.

I hope she doesn't come back. I hope she packs her shit and moves in with mom and grandma. She said she wants to anyway, but apparently she lacks the motivation to to actually do so. It must be too mentally taxing for her to actually put her thoughts into actions.

Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

Really REALLY need this semester over with. Half assing useless classes. Minutely interesting classes.

Want to be free to study.

To think, if I had switched to this major first I would be graduating in May.
    Likes Fay liked this post