User Tag List

Page 567 of 728 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569577617667 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 7280

Thread: The Rant Thread

  1. #5661
    Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Sometimes I feel like intuitives purposely type people they don't like/don't find intelligent/just aren't that attracted to as sensors. You know, because God forbid anyone "inferior" get in to their little circle jerk N club.

    I've seen it happen several times. Makes me hate the Internet, honestly.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?


    6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes EJCC, Cygnus, Yamato Nadeshiko, uumlau liked this post

  2. #5662
    Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    Dammit Cricket. Wtf is so great about that jingle bell inside your ball? Why does that sound instruct MURDERING in your brain?
    At 5am.
    Why do you yell at your jingly ball when you hit it. why.

    I can't take it away from you because your giant, sad eyeballs will make me feel like a monster.




    damn you
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  3. #5663
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Sometimes I feel like intuitives purposely type people they don't like/don't find intelligent/just aren't that attracted to as sensors. You know, because God forbid anyone "inferior" get in to their little circle jerk N club.

    I've seen it happen several times. Makes me hate the Internet, honestly.
    Jung thought that intuition was infer to sensing, Sherlock Holmes is a sensor. Its a mistake to consider intuition to be something great.

  4. #5664
    Senior Member Array riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w? so/sp
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Jung thought that intuition was infer to sensing, Sherlock Holmes is a sensor. Its a mistake to consider intuition to be something great.
    I think Sherlock Holmes in the novels in an misanthropic IXTP leaning on INTP. While the methods the author says Sherlock uses to solve cases "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" doesn't necessarily fall within the S or N spectrum, his occasional brilliance such as the time he guessed Watson was in Afghanistan and the delivery person is a sailor were Ni sort of realizations obtained from Se observations supported by Te decisiveness.

    The version in the BBC played by Benedict Cumberbatch is clearly an INTJ who has Asperger.

    ----

    And although I don't agree with Jung that intuition is inferior to sensing I believe that S types have a natural advantage over N types when it comes to functioning more fluidly in this world.
    .

  5. #5665
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    I think Sherlock Holmes in the novels in an misanthropic IXTP leaning on INTP. While the methods the author says Sherlock uses to solve cases "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" doesn't necessarily fall within the S or N spectrum, his occasional brilliance such as the time he guessed Watson was in Afghanistan and the delivery person is a sailor were Ni sort of realizations obtained from Se observations supported by Te decisiveness.

    The version in the BBC played by Benedict Cumberbatch is clearly an INTJ who has Asperger.

    ----

    And although I don't agree with Jung that intuition is inferior to sensing I believe that S types have a natural advantage over N types when it comes to functioning more fluidly in this world.
    Have you read much of why he believed that Sensing was superior to Intuition?

  6. #5666
    Senior Member Array riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w? so/sp
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Have you read much of why he believed that Sensing was superior to Intuition?
    No. Please feel free to explain.
    .

  7. #5667
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    No. Please feel free to explain.
    I didnt think so, I'd say he's a good read on the topic.

  8. #5668
    Senior Member Array riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w? so/sp
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I didnt think so, I'd say he's a good read on the topic.
    Perhaps you could drop the condescension and answer the question? Is it that hard for you to not take a shot at someone who disagreed with you POLITELY?

    Site a few quotes that you think would prove me wrong or prove you right or whatever.
    .

  9. #5669
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Perhaps you could drop the condescension and answer the question? Is it that hard for you to not take a shot at someone who disagreed with you POLITELY?

    Site a few quotes that you think would prove me wrong or prove you right or whatever.
    Condescension? Really?

  10. #5670
    Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,780

    Default

    Sherlock Holmes is not a real person so I don't get why we're using him as an example of whether sensing is superior to intuition or not.
    Likes riva liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 03:44 PM
  3. The thread critic thread/The bumpin' threads thread
    By UniqueMixture in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 04:23 AM
  4. The Introvert Rant Thread
    By Lightyear in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
  5. Childfree: The Rational Spawn of a Rant Thread
    By Totenkindly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO