User Tag List

Page 560 of 729 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570610660 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 7283

Thread: The Rant Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    People concerned with "loyalty" and "getting each others' backs" makes me really suspicious.

Like, you know you do dumb shit and ask stupid favors.
    i just wanted ice cream, not to date but i don't see how ice cream is stupid
    by @magpie

People are sometimes too serious.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

How many drug dealers/meth heads/ex cons does your day bring into your lives?

I get the feeling you do not meet the requisites to appreciate my angle
    That's an excellent point.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

How many drug dealers/meth heads/ex cons does your day bring into your lives?

I get the feeling you do not meet the requisites to appreciate my angle
    If you reread what I wrote, you'll see that I was agreeing with you and expanding your point. The "drug dealers/meth heads/ex cons" aren't about to give their loyalty or otherwise "got the back" of someone else. No, they want the benefits of such social arrangements without the commensurate responsibility. A similar theme is that such people will often take offense at being "disrespected", but never actually respect anyone else.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Osprey, SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    If you reread what I wrote, you'll see that I was agreeing with you and expanding your point. The "drug dealers/meth heads/ex cons" aren't about to give their loyalty or otherwise "got the back" of someone else. No, they want the benefits of such social arrangements without the commensurate responsibility. A similar theme is that such people will often take offense at being "disrespected", but never actually respect anyone else.
    Oh no... I think the vitrol of the internet has gotten to me. I came to a way different conclusion, lol.

Yes. You know meth heads well.
    the bees made honey in the lion's skull

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

sorry but switching tenses does not mean someone is lying online. i don't always pay attention to tense so it can be from carelessness I'd be more suspicious of the person trying to stay in the correct tense over all of their posts. ugh i'm suspicious of people and i was trying to figure out tips on how to figure it out but most of the advice really doesn't make sense. like the writers pulled something out of thin air. only good advice is skyping.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Oh no... I think the vitrol of the internet has gotten to me. I came to a way different conclusion, lol.

Yes. You know meth heads well.
    It's all good.

No, I fortunately DON'T know any meth heads, but these kinds of general behaviors manifest in all levels of society. In the middle/upper class, such attitudes need some sort of social mask such as a narcissist might provide, e.g., plenty of charm to hide the fact that they have no moral backbone whatsoever. Think in terms of the "used car salesman" stereotype.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    It's all good.

No, I fortunately DON'T know any meth heads, but these kinds of general behaviors manifest in all levels of society. In the middle/upper class, such attitudes need some sort of social mask such as a narcissist might provide, e.g., plenty of charm to hide the fact that they have no moral backbone whatsoever. Think in terms of the "used car salesman" stereotype.
    Or they might wear a mask because it will help them do the right thing more effectively.

If it's a way to do good without having to sacrifice yourself, why not do it? What is the value in martyrdom? Where is it written that you have to suffer to suffer in order to accomplish positive change?
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

They made me care, and now I'm working hard and enjoying it, this sucks.
    Likes Opal liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Or they might wear a mask because it will help them do the right thing more effectively.

If it's a way to do good without having to sacrifice yourself, why not do it?
    There are many valid social masks. We couldn't function without them. Being 100% honest all the time with strangers would be annoying and useless. When someone asks, "How are you?" it's perfectly OK to say "Fine" even if you're feeling kind of miserable.

What I'm saying is that while it might seem like "meth head ethics" don't exist in the more affluent parts of society, it's really that they're just less obvious. If they obviously acted like meth heads, they wouldn't be able to maintain their affluence. The mask in this case is kind of a coping mechanism, allowing them to be "functional".

Likes Snowday liked this post