User Tag List

First 60460510550558559560561562570610660 Last

Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 7808

Thread: The Rant Thread

  1. #5591
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    People concerned with "loyalty" and "getting each others' backs" makes me really suspicious.

    Like, you know you do dumb shit and ask stupid favors.
    i just wanted ice cream, not to date but i don't see how ice cream is stupid
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie

  2. #5592

    Default

    People are sometimes too serious.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle



  3. #5593
    The Senate Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    How many drug dealers/meth heads/ex cons does your day bring into your lives?

    I get the feeling you do not meet the requisites to appreciate my angle
    That's an excellent point.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

  4. #5594
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    How many drug dealers/meth heads/ex cons does your day bring into your lives?

    I get the feeling you do not meet the requisites to appreciate my angle
    If you reread what I wrote, you'll see that I was agreeing with you and expanding your point. The "drug dealers/meth heads/ex cons" aren't about to give their loyalty or otherwise "got the back" of someone else. No, they want the benefits of such social arrangements without the commensurate responsibility. A similar theme is that such people will often take offense at being "disrespected", but never actually respect anyone else.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Osprey, SearchingforPeace liked this post

  5. #5595
    is indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    If you reread what I wrote, you'll see that I was agreeing with you and expanding your point. The "drug dealers/meth heads/ex cons" aren't about to give their loyalty or otherwise "got the back" of someone else. No, they want the benefits of such social arrangements without the commensurate responsibility. A similar theme is that such people will often take offense at being "disrespected", but never actually respect anyone else.
    Oh no... I think the vitrol of the internet has gotten to me. I came to a way different conclusion, lol.

    Yes. You know meth heads well.
    tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers
    and you want to take her with you, to the hard land of the winter

  6. #5596
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,620

    Default

    sorry but switching tenses does not mean someone is lying online. i don't always pay attention to tense so it can be from carelessness I'd be more suspicious of the person trying to stay in the correct tense over all of their posts. ugh i'm suspicious of people and i was trying to figure out tips on how to figure it out but most of the advice really doesn't make sense. like the writers pulled something out of thin air. only good advice is skyping.
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie

  7. #5597
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    Oh no... I think the vitrol of the internet has gotten to me. I came to a way different conclusion, lol.

    Yes. You know meth heads well.
    It's all good.

    No, I fortunately DON'T know any meth heads, but these kinds of general behaviors manifest in all levels of society. In the middle/upper class, such attitudes need some sort of social mask such as a narcissist might provide, e.g., plenty of charm to hide the fact that they have no moral backbone whatsoever. Think in terms of the "used car salesman" stereotype.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  8. #5598
    The Senate Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    It's all good.

    No, I fortunately DON'T know any meth heads, but these kinds of general behaviors manifest in all levels of society. In the middle/upper class, such attitudes need some sort of social mask such as a narcissist might provide, e.g., plenty of charm to hide the fact that they have no moral backbone whatsoever. Think in terms of the "used car salesman" stereotype.
    Or they might wear a mask because it will help them do the right thing more effectively.

    If it's a way to do good without having to sacrifice yourself, why not do it? What is the value in martyrdom? Where is it written that you have to suffer to suffer in order to accomplish positive change?
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

  9. #5599
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,886

    Default

    They made me care, and now I'm working hard and enjoying it, this sucks.
    Likes Opal liked this post

  10. #5600
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Or they might wear a mask because it will help them do the right thing more effectively.

    If it's a way to do good without having to sacrifice yourself, why not do it?
    There are many valid social masks. We couldn't function without them. Being 100% honest all the time with strangers would be annoying and useless. When someone asks, "How are you?" it's perfectly OK to say "Fine" even if you're feeling kind of miserable.

    What I'm saying is that while it might seem like "meth head ethics" don't exist in the more affluent parts of society, it's really that they're just less obvious. If they obviously acted like meth heads, they wouldn't be able to maintain their affluence. The mask in this case is kind of a coping mechanism, allowing them to be "functional".
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Snowday liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-09-2017, 03:18 PM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 12:43 PM
  3. The thread critic thread/The bumpin' threads thread
    By UniqueMixture in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 04:23 AM
  4. The Introvert Rant Thread
    By Lightyear in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
  5. Childfree: The Rational Spawn of a Rant Thread
    By Totenkindly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts