User Tag List

Page 547 of 729 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557597647 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 7287

Thread: The Rant Thread

  1. #5461
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    In my case, sometimes the truth would be even more hurtful than a ridiculous, transparent lie, because it would be something like, "I can't hang out with you today. For some reason, the sound of your voice is cutting through me like a cheese knife."
    That's why half-truths are nicer in some circumstances where you leave that last part out, but state your intention in a practical manner. "For some reason, I see ourselves as being friends for no longer. Bye."
    Why you looking for a harmony?
    There is harmony in everything
    It's a butterfly who waits for wind
    To fly away

    If you're looking for a dream girl
    I'll never be your dream girl
    Living in the real world
    Looking for a dream girl


  2. #5462
    came back haunted Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Sometimes. There is literally no one I don't get sick of eventually, even if I care about them deeply. Price of being an introvert, I guess. Long road trips can be agony, because there's nowhere to escape and recharge. Except for a gas station bathroom, I guess.
    So wouldn't "the real reason" still be "I need recharge time"? Whereas the meaner-sounding reason would be a side effect?

    I definitely know how it feels to get sick of close friends. But I don't think I've ever been "your voice cuts into me like a knife" sick of them. More like "everything you say makes me want to slap you". But that's a symptom of the real problem (needing recharge time), IME.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  3. #5463
    Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I definitely know how it feels to get sick of close friends. But I don't think I've ever been "your voice cuts into me like a knife" sick of them. More like "everything you say makes me want to slap you".
    Those both sound pretty much the same to me.

    Yes, the basic reason is needing recharge time. But specifically, I get tired of the sound of human voices. When I get that way, I can't even watch TV. The sound of people nattering away just drives me crazy, regardless of the source.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

  4. #5464
    Fabula rasa Array Kas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I definitely know how it feels to get sick of close friends. But I don't think I've ever been "your voice cuts into me like a knife" sick of them. More like "everything you say makes me want to slap you". But that's a symptom of the real problem (needing recharge time), IME.
    Hmmm
    Introverts tired of people feel hurt
    Extrovert tired of people may hurt sb

    Am I thinking well?


    Seriously I think that saying a friend that you need a recharge time is fair and they shouldn't take it as an offence.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle



  5. #5465
    came back haunted Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Those both sound pretty much the same to me.

    Yes, the basic reason is needing recharge time. But specifically, I get tired of the sound of human voices. When I get that way, I can't even watch TV. The sound of people nattering away just drives me crazy, regardless of the source.
    See, this is the sort of thing where if I knew that, and you said "I can't hang out with you because your voice is impossible to listen to", it would be totally fine. It would only be hurtful if I thought it was personal in some way. Like you were angry with me specifically.

    But anyway. This goes to show that I am clearly not the target audience for those sorts of "protective" excuses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Hmmm
    Introverts tired of people feel hurt
    Extrovert tired of people may hurt sb

    Am I thinking well?
    I have no idea what you're trying to say.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  6. #5466
    Fabula rasa Array Kas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I have no idea what you're trying to say.
    Nothing, nothing...
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle



  7. #5467
    came back haunted Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Nothing, nothing...
    Oh, come on. At least tell me what "sb" means, or whether it was a typo.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  8. #5468
    Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    See, this is the sort of thing where if I knew that, and you said "I can't hang out with you because your voice is impossible to listen to", it would be totally fine. It would only be hurtful if I thought it was personal in some way. Like you were angry with me specifically.
    That's the thing. I am fully aware of how horrible it sounds. But it's never, ever personal. I would eventually feel that way even after listening to someone I found utterly fascinating and wonderful. "I'm sorry, Stephen Fry, I normally love your beautifully random verbal bubblings, but could you please shut up for a second, before I lose my shit?"
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

  9. #5469
    came back haunted Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    That's the thing. I am fully aware of how horrible it sounds. But it's never, ever personal. I would eventually feel that way even after listening to someone I found utterly fascinating and wonderful. "I'm sorry, Stephen Fry, I normally love your beautifully random verbal bubblings, but could you please shut up for a second, before I lose my shit?"
    Well, there you go!

    Let the record show that I will not be offended if you say that to me.


    Edit: @Kas I've just been told via rep that "sb" likely means "somebody", and if that is the case, I disagree with you. When I need to recharge, I completely withdraw, and I WILL tell people that I need recharge time (which they almost always sympathize with, because they've been there, and I also very rarely need that much recharge time). Many of my extrovert friends are the same way.
    Also, the person I was ranting about in my first post was an extrovert.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  10. #5470
    Fabula rasa Array Kas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Oh, come on. At least tell me what "sb" means, or whether it was a typo.
    I meant sb as abbreviation of somebody

    that may possibly be only used in coursebooks and dictionaries for foreigners...


    I hope some of my posts are understandable
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle


    Likes EJCC, Evee liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 03:44 PM
  3. The thread critic thread/The bumpin' threads thread
    By UniqueMixture in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 04:23 AM
  4. The Introvert Rant Thread
    By Lightyear in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
  5. Childfree: The Rational Spawn of a Rant Thread
    By Totenkindly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO