User Tag List

Page 531 of 728 FirstFirst ... 31431481521529530531532533541581631 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,310 of 7278

Thread: The Rant Thread

HTC one m7 camera >>> iPhone 6 camera

In other words, I'd rather my photos look so purple that I'm repeatedly told to turn off the filter ("... it's not a filter") then to have all the whites stand out. If I could rewind to 5pm yesterday, I'd tell myself to grab my phone, too.

Now all the photos of me, from the event, look like I've moved onto the heavenly after-life.

Night is another candle

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Wixiw View Post
    HTC one m7 camera >>> iPhone 6 camera

In other words, I'd rather my photos look so purple that I'm repeatedly told to turn off the filter ("... it's not a filter") then to have all the whites stand out. If I could rewind to 5pm yesterday, I'd tell myself to grab my phone, too.

Now all the photos of me, from the event, look like I've moved onto the heavenly after-life.

considering they haven't official used roman numerals in eons how are you ever surpised, you look dead?
    by @magpie
    Likes Raffaella liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

So my parents have a program on about scams in the UK. One of which covers fake cigarettes.

Essentially the fake part being that the strip inside the paper (which is meant to reduce how long a cigarette burns once it is lit and left in order to reduce the chances of someone falling asleep and the cigarette setting a sofa alight) is not there. In the program's run a woman talks about her mother who dies when she falls asleep and one of these fake cigarettes falls from her hand and she burns to death.

Now while I appreciate that the fake cigarettes might have contributed to this, it's also mentioned that the woman in question had already had two strokes at around 50 and was pretty shaky anyhow. And most importantly, they never once demonstrate the effects of the fake cigarette burning longer on the exact same sofa the mother burned to death on....in fact they never test it on any sofas throughout the entire section.

So my question is: Why bother with that story at all? What purpose does it serve when they in no way proved that the lack of a limiting strip inside the paper contributed to the death in some way. For example a few years ago a man about 12 houses down from us set fire to his house the same way, but his cigarettes were officially available ones and even though they burned out quickly it still lasted long enough to set fire to his particular sofa. Maybe it was the material, but without a test within the show they cannot back up their claims.

This also brings into question if there is any other risk for fake cigarettes that real ones don't already carry; is it a scam to slowly poison yourself unofficially? Perhaps the tobacco inside is....of poorer quality in some way and with more contributions of rat shit than normal, but since they never mention that I can only assume not.

Sounds like someone paid a lot of money to make sure people smoke the right kind of cigarettes....wouldn't want to undercut the legitimacy of any tobacco companies.

This bullshit is all over the place and if even I can pick up on it something is wrong.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm
    Likes Raffaella liked this post

Today is the day when I officially acquired my 4th bruise. Oh yay!

I actually managed to acquire 4 bruises within a period of one month. I'm such a pro when it comes to accidents, ain't I?

Bruise Number One: I was at my workplace, I didn't notice the machine in front of me, I bumped into that machine, and I ended up having one big bruise on my knee
    Bruise Number Two: I accidentally hit my knee onto the metal thing when I was about to sit down in the bus
    Bruise Number Three: A bamboo pole fell onto my head. Thank goodness I didn't bleed, but I have to end up doing an Xray scan to check for any concussion.
    Bruise Number Four: The bus was moving, I couldn't keep my balance, and I ended up hitting my knee onto the chair
    Likes Pinker85 liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Today is the day when I officially acquired my 4th bruise. Oh yay!

I actually managed to acquire 4 bruises within a period of one month. I'm such a pro when it comes to accidents, ain't I?

Bruise Number One: I was at my workplace, I didn't notice the machine in front of me, I bumped into that machine, and I ended up having one big bruise on my knee
    Bruise Number Two: I accidentally hit my knee onto the metal thing when I was about to sit down in the bus
    Bruise Number Three: A bamboo pole fell onto my head. Thank goodness I didn't bleed, but I have to end up doing an Xray scan to check for any concussion.
    Bruise Number Four: The bus was moving, I couldn't keep my balance, and I ended up hitting my knee onto the chair
    At least you remember what caused them. I'm both clumsy and oblivious, which means that I bump into things all the time, and then immediately forget doing it. Then later I wonder where all these giant bruises came from.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Destiny, Pinker85 liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

So many people on this holiday not giving a toss about what their young children are up to.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    So many people on this holiday not giving a toss about what their young children are up to.
    My general rule of thumb is that I'll just quietly watch while other people's children pinch their fingers in the door or inflict minor pain on each other, I'll get involved if one of them is drowning or something. Scaring them away is always an option.

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    My general rule of thumb is that I'll just quietly watch while other people's children pinch their fingers in the door or inflict minor pain on each other, I'll get involved if one of them is drowning or something. Scaring them away is always an option.
    True, someone has to care for the poor blighters

Thing is, if something goes wrong you know the parents will blame you...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Qlip, Cellmold liked this post