User Tag List

Page 530 of 729 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540580630 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 7283

Thread: The Rant Thread

  1. #5291
    we burn Array Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    That's ok. You're forgiven. I'm forgiving. The emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

  2. #5292
    Pubic Enemy #1 Array Crabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    OMG I just saw this (because you're on ignore and i refuse to let negativity dirty my beautiful skin).
    For someone who supposedly radiates positivity, you sure do spend a lot of time in the rant thread. And I don't give a shit about your skin.

    I've never used the ignore feature because I'm fully capable of ignoring someone on my own. If you have me on "ignore" then how did you see my post?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    it is honestly so funny to me how you will "coincidentally" pop up in every conversation about race, sexuality, etc just to defend the group in power - but mostly white people. your predictability has become a joke at this point. kind of like rasofy except less funny.
    Really? What conversations about sexuality are you referring to? I'm genuinely curious because I hardly frequent the sexuality subforum. Race is not an important issue to me; though I have argued against the kneejerk reaction to assume that all cops are racist until proven otherwise. Unlike certain people, such as yourself, who find racist motivations in EVERYthing, some people actually judge others based on the content of their character. That's probably hard for you to swallow because everything can't be so easily reduced to skin color, etc. Discerning nuances probably isn't your strong suit though, bless your heart. Nor do I place much value on group identity, or insist on viewing people in terms of a social/power hierarchy. People are individuals and should be judged according to their own actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    but no, i'm not fragile. i just have enough of a spine to know to dip out when whites start using other races as a joke to compensate for their inability to actually be funny.
    Not sure what having a spine has to do with anything. Did it take a lot of courage for you to dip out?

    I didn't realize whites were prone to using other races as a joke to compensate for their inability to be funny. I wonder if you dip out when non-whites do that too.

    What exactly did you find so offensive about their posts? @BadOctopus mentioned that she hates it when Asian restaurants don't offer chopsticks. @prplchknz said (paraphrasing) "Why are chopsticks so popular in a culture that eats a lot of rice?" Which is a fair question. You have no qualms with criticizing American culture or white people, but if white people criticize other cultures, it's RACISM!?! @93JC posted a picture of an Asian woman wearing forks in her hair, as an amusing imitation of women who wear chopsticks in theirs. Did you find this picture offensive or something?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    oops i forgot what i came here to rant about again lol
    Oopsie! lolz I'm sure you'll find something else to rant about.

  3. #5293
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,701

    Default

    fuck the rain i hate it!!!! if i have to drive around in it guaranteed to make me cranky if i have to run errands in it like i do today, oh well luckily the place i need to go isn't open til 9am and maybe it will lessen by then.
    by @magpie

  4. #5294
    Fabula rasa Array Kas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    The resolution for the type 9 (and 4 and 5, the other reclusive types) is to actually go out and do things. You can't figure out who you "really are" as a spectator.
    You say 4,5 and 9... So I'm basically like hermit

    I do agree with what you say. @DreamBeliever I think that going out and getting involved in something you are interested in is the best way to get out of numbness or doubts about yourself.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle


    Likes uumlau, DreamBeliever liked this post

  5. #5295
    Trick or treat Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    :}
    Posts
    5,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    You say 4,5 and 9... So I'm basically like hermit

    I do agree with what you say. @DreamBeliever I think that going out and getting involved in something you are interested in is the best way to get out of numbness or doubts about yourself.
    Yeah those types are naturally withdrawn, as you know. The thing is, thinking of people naturally considered withdrawn who have made a huge impact, I think of people like Edgar Allen Poe and Vincent Van Gogh, people who use their nature to explore the depths of something and come out with something meaningful. Or alternatively Einstein, or George Orwell, people who used intellect and creativity to do the same. To me, 4's and 5's, with their more specialized nature, are leaps and bounds against the extremely general surface 9.

    Saying that, recently something odd has been happening to me- I have started to develop preferences- likes and dislikes, for things that before would have been too blurred into everything else for me to take notice. It is odd, and while it really doesn't-[i]feel[i] noticeably different than I what have always been(maybe it is more of a gradual adaption, and now that it has settled...), but now it is like I am welcoming myself out of the dark and watching myself take small steps to explore. And I hope it lasts.

    But yeah, Dreambeliever, I think it a good idea for you do separate yourself from strong outside influence. I am excited to go back to college for the fall, because I can leave the nest and build it up however I want. Last year, I was far from healthy enough, but new opportunities are calling. Living at home enables the comfort my 9 nature automatically desires. And while for the 4 and 5- though I am not saying that they should totally withdraw- I think it is easier for them to actually develop themselves when withdrawn, 9's less so.
    Likes DreamBeliever liked this post

  6. #5296
    Fabula rasa Array Kas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Yeah those types are naturally withdrawn, as you know. The thing is, thinking of people naturally considered withdrawn who have made a huge impact, I think of people like Edgar Allen Poe and Vincent Van Gogh, people who use their nature to explore the depths of something and come out with something meaningful. Or alternatively Einstein, or George Orwell, people who used intellect and creativity to do the same. To me, 4's and 5's, with their more specialized nature, are leaps and bounds against the extremely general surface 9.

    Saying that, recently something odd has been happening to me- I have started to develop preferences- likes and dislikes, for things that before would have been too blurred into everything else for me to take notice. It is odd, and while it really doesn't-[i]feel[i] noticeably different than I what have always been(maybe it is more of a gradual adaption, and now that it has settled...), but now it is like I am welcoming myself out of the dark and watching myself take small steps to explore. And I hope it lasts.

    But yeah, Dreambeliever, I think it a good idea for you do separate yourself from strong outside influence. I am excited to go back to college for the fall, because I can leave the nest and build it up however I want. Last year, I was far from healthy enough, but new opportunities are calling. Living at home enables the comfort my 9 nature automatically desires. And while for the 4 and 5- though I am not saying that they should totally withdraw- I think it is easier for them to actually develop themselves when withdrawn, 9's less so.
    Sounds good you're getting to know more about yourself.

    Some level of being withdrawn is good for me. It makes possible to separate my opinions and ideas from outside noises. Too much is making me feel bad. I'm trying to find golden mean.


    And as it's a ranting thread- writing on cellphone annoys me. I must try using tapetalk, maybe it's better.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle



  7. #5297
    Trick or treat Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    :}
    Posts
    5,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Sounds good you're getting to know more about yourself.

    Some level of being withdrawn is good for me. It makes possible to separate my opinions and ideas from outside noises. Too much is making me feel bad. I'm trying to find golden mean.


    And as it's a ranting thread- writing on cellphone annoys me. I must try using tapetalk, maybe it's better.
    Agree with the cellphone thing, it is like when I am typing I lose a huge part of what I am saying because I just can't seem to keep up with myself. But a phone is all I reliably have.

    And to add a new rant. The people who make my schedules at work are sadists, scheduling me from 3pm-11:30pm and then 6am-1pm the next day. Thank god I am not working 2 jobs any more.
    Likes Kas liked this post

  8. #5298
    Trick or treat Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    :}
    Posts
    5,577

    Default

    I think I have good reason to procrastinate on writing this paper, the whole idea of it makes my blood boil. 4 pages, 9 paragraphs, 5 sentance first paragraph with a 10 word thesis statement, based on analysis- but themes-interpretations-storylines-opinions-connections to other works- cannot be discussed. It has to be point by point- This happened, and then this happened, and then this happened, any deviation and he will fail me. And I am already failing because he is a lazy dumbass who graded half of our shit at once, said my stuff was too subjective, and then gave me a shit ton of 0's. And now he is ignoring my emails... Contributing to a hopeless case.

    Edit: Hey! This paper isn't as hard as I thought. I'll probably still fail, but I won't absolutely hate writing it- so that's a plus.

  9. #5299
    Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Really? I barely know you, and you call me rude for not talking to you at a party? It was all I could do to drag myself to that stupid party, let alone talk to every single frigging person. And guess what, Einstein, you didn't talk to me, either. Get over yourself.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

  10. #5300
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,371

    Default

    I have finals. This study guide which the teacher is horribly vague with very unprofessional words. I never heard of him even mention the category. I don't want to date anyone right now, I just only want to get to know others as friends. I'm tired of being easily distracted when nothing makes sense. I only succeeded when I'm humble to asking people, but it's difficult.
    Why you looking for a harmony?
    There is harmony in everything
    It's a butterfly who waits for wind
    To fly away

    If you're looking for a dream girl
    I'll never be your dream girl
    Living in the real world
    Looking for a dream girl


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 03:44 PM
  3. The thread critic thread/The bumpin' threads thread
    By UniqueMixture in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 04:23 AM
  4. The Introvert Rant Thread
    By Lightyear in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
  5. Childfree: The Rational Spawn of a Rant Thread
    By Totenkindly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO