Page 527 of 728 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537577627 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 7274

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Yeah, but then there's that whole guilt thing. "Thus conscience does make cowards of us all."

To be honest, I'm a pretty lousy INTJ.
    I don't believe I've ever expected to read this line in my life. TBH, I have questioned your type, though I don't claim to be qualified to do so by any means. Verdict, INTJ, by default.

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I don't believe I've ever expected to read this line in my life. TBH, I have questioned your type, though I don't claim to be qualified to do so by any means. Verdict, INTJ, by default.
    What I mean is, I fail as a stereotypical INTJ. My problem is that I'm too damn nice. Fe is my weakest function, so I am crap when it comes to adapting to people's emotional needs. But my conscience and my internal morality is so strong, that I just can't be a jerk. Even when I really want to be. On the rare occasions when I lose my temper and tell someone off, I don't derive any satisfaction from it. I just feel like a failure for my loss of self-control.

Meanwhile, other INTJs I know can be snarky SOBs and experience no remorse over it. Thus, I am a lousy INTJ.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Qlip, Opal liked this post

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

What I mean is, I fail as a stereotypical INTJ. My problem is that I'm too damn nice. Fe is my weakest function, so I am crap when it comes to adapting to people's emotional needs. But my conscience and my internal morality is so strong, that I just can't be a jerk. Even when I really want to be. On the rare occasions when I lose my temper and tell someone off, I don't derive any satisfaction from it. I just feel like a failure for my loss of control.
    I don't know if this helps, and maybe I'm the last person you want to talk to, but with my ex, she'd been pulling away for a while. I suspect she wanted to end it, but didn't want to hurt ny feelings. She was cancelling plans and not acting interested in communicating.

I dealt with that situation by issuing an ultimatum. I basically said to her, look, if you want to walk away, you can. I'll understand.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

What I mean is, I fail as a stereotypical INTJ. My problem is that I'm too damn nice. Fe is my weakest function, so I am crap when it comes to adapting to people's emotional needs. But my conscience and my internal morality is so strong, that I just can't be a jerk. Even when I really want to be. On the rare occasions when I lose my temper and tell someone off, I don't derive any satisfaction from it. I just feel like a failure for my loss of self-control.

Meanwhile, other INTJs I know can be snarky SOBs and experience no remorse over it. Thus, I am a lousy INTJ.
    Gotcha. Immobilized by being considerate, it's a horrible fate. While you aren't a trope of a INTJ, you're a pretty decent human as far as I can tell, that can't be bad. I feel similar frustration in my ENFP powers being constrained by my SP nature. It's like, what's the point of having all this Ne?

FYI, what make me think about your type wasn't your niceness (a damning word, I know, but I actually like it now, even applied to me), but your preference to communicate using geek culture imagery. It's a very INTP thing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Gotcha. Immobilized by being considerate, it's a horrible fate.
    Yes, it is.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

FYI, what make me think about your type wasn't your niceness (a damning word, I know, but I actually like it now, even applied to me), but your preference to communicate using geek culture imagery. It's a very INTP thing.
    Any type can communicate with memes. That's just being too lazy to use words.

I am certain that I'm not an INTP, because I don't get them. No offense to INTPs -- I like you, but I do not understand you at all. Especially when you're in a Ti-Si loop, and you get fixated on something and refuse to let it go. I just don't identify with that at all. When I start to obsess about something, I immediately ask myself if it's worth it. And it's usually not.

It's all about efficiency. Fixating on things is not an efficient use of mental energy.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Qlip, uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

There are plenty of nice INTJs around. It's just that the ones that aren't nice almost seem to use being INTJ as an excuse to believe that it's OK to be a jerk.

MBTI is just cognitive thought patterns, which loosely map to personality traits. Being nice or mean is a choice, not a type.

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes N/A, themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    There are plenty of nice INTJs around. It's just that the ones that aren't nice almost seem to use being INTJ as an excuse to believe that it's OK to be a jerk.

MBTI is just cognitive thought patterns, which loosely map to personality traits. Being nice or mean is a choice, not a type.

Plenty of INTPs do the same thing.
    Likes N/A, uumlau liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

@BadOctopus my general experience with intjs has they're nice but not fake nice like so there and maybe i think a lot of nice people are jerks and a lot of jerks are nice. It's possible considering how many times people have told me those who i think are nice are jerks.
    by @magpie
    Likes Kas liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Any type can communicate with memes. That's just being too lazy to use words.

I am certain that I'm not an INTP, because I don't get them. No offense to INTPs -- I like you, but I do not understand you at all. Especially when you're in a Ti-Si loop, and you get fixated on something and refuse to let it go. I just don't identify with that at all. When I start to obsess about something, I immediately ask myself if it's worth it. And it's usually not.

It's all about efficiency. Fixating on things is not an efficient use of mental energy.
    What is it about INTJ and efficiency. Life is not about efficiency, it's about growing and learning. Sometimes that requires being inefficient.

With how much INTJS care about efficient, that should be your guys new motto. The efficient mad scientists.....we were gonna create frankenstein, but it was more efficient to find a stupid ugly guy and just call him frankenstein...lol
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post