User Tag List

Page 52 of 729 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rant Thread

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

T's are beginning to bore me.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    I hate this dumbing down of society, especially what they do to women. The media, particularly the entertainment industry, especially seems to glamorize a woman that has an IQ lower than 100... doesn't matter how much brains she has, it matters if she's got tits and ass and can whore herself in a job that has all the spotlights right on her. And the women that actually do have substance don't get the spotlight. It's sickening the direction entertainment is going. It feels cheap, like going to a theme park with roller coasters and bad food for you... it may seem fun initially, but after a while, you end up feeling sick to your stomach.
    I wouldn't say it's dumbing down, it's really just staying consistent. At least as far as the portrayal of women goes.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    T's are beginning to bore me.
    You should start Questioning your enTjness...

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

I should probably question a lot of things....
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Inspiring music. Inspiring. Music. WTF? So certain WRITERS need MUSIC for INSPIRATION? WTF? That's faggy. I need music so my brain doesn't explode, but for INSPIRATION? So when you interview these writers, they'll go all Justin Bieber and say thät whatever artist they're talking about is an inspiration for them? Gimme a fucking break!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

What. The. Fuck.

Reason why I don't date # 148: What makes guys assume that pretty=always with someone? I'm absolutely sick of being asked 'Why are you single? You're too pretty to be single." AND IT'S LIKE EVERY GUY!

What the fuck does that even mean, anyway? What logic led you to being pretty means being able to find a date easily? Sure, I could have my pick of the lot if I wanted, but it's certainly not worth my time. Why do you think I'm even worth your time if you're ten years older than me, have a child, and dropped out of high school? Sorry, but I have standards, and I have goals and ambition. I'm never going to be held down by dating someone I find to not share similar qualities such as those.

I sound pretentious, don't I? Meh, I don't care...but I really need to stay off OkCupid for a while, it is just bad news bears......I'm taking it...seriously! :horor:

Senior Member Array

Speaking as a guy, the line "you're too pretty to be single" is a mealy-mouthed bullshit version of "you're hot, I want to date you." Whether you take it as a complement or a sniveling attempt at a complement is up to you.

And yeah, OKCupid is pretty fucked up.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    What. The. Fuck.

Reason why I don't date # 148: What makes guys assume that pretty=always with someone? I'm absolutely sick of being asked 'Why are you single? You're too pretty to be single." AND IT'S LIKE EVERY GUY!

What the fuck does that even mean, anyway? What logic led you to being pretty means being able to find a date easily? Sure, I could have my pick of the lot if I wanted, but it's certainly not worth my time. Why do you think I'm even worth your time if you're ten years older than me, have a child, and dropped out of high school? Sorry, but I have standards, and I have goals and ambition. I'm never going to be held down by dating someone I find to not share similar qualities such as those.

I sound pretentious, don't I? Meh, I don't care...but I really need to stay off OkCupid for a while, it is just bad news bears......I'm taking it...seriously! :horor:
    Avoiding guys who dropped out of high school who have kids is not pretentious. It's totally normal.

To me.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Speaking as a guy, the line "you're too pretty to be single" is a mealy-mouthed bullshit version of "you're hot, I want to date you." Whether you take it as a complement or a sniveling attempt at a complement is up to you.
    Haha, thanks for clearing that up for me. I really should get to deleting my account or something...but I do enjoy the quizzes.

Moving to the BVI Array highlander's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    What. The. Fuck.

Well, pretty usually does mean mean somebody is with someone (male or female), so that is how I can see somebody would ask the question. I think pretty also is correlated with finding a date easily - if we are to plainly face facts. I can see how you would be sick of being asked those questions though. Being attractive doesn't mean a relationship will last I would suppose, so that is a consideration. Why you are worth somebody's time - if they are ten years older - I don't know. Come to think of it, I'm not sure what your question is.

It's awesome you have goals and ambition though. That's great!!!

The standards part - I'm afraid I'm a little dubious of. It's not that the idea is wrong or your standards are off by any stretch. It's just that people sometimes create them for the wrong reasons.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639