User Tag List

Page 489 of 727 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 7270

Thread: The Rant Thread

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    His 6 wing is pretty strong. I could see him as 6w5, but he's told me he relates to 5, so I'm rolling with it.

Edit: I actually may want to ask him to reconsider 6. Looking at the description and I could just as easily see him disintegrating to 3, as to 7.
    IME, it's the 6 that is threatened by different systems of thought, because their own protects them against fear. 5 if anything, think with their distance that they're impervious to being polluted or manipulated. They're sensitive to it, but they don't think it will happen to their thinking.

A lot of people don't like the 6 describing because of its emphasis on fear and nobody likes the idea of being cowardly, but there it is.

Likes EJCC liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    A lot of people don't like the 6 describing because of its emphasis on fear and nobody likes the idea of being cowardly, but there it is.
    It aint easy being squeemy. I've always liked the enneagram descriptions for how they tend to list in terms of health and also openly mention both pitfalls and positives. Although the 6 ones tend to be mainly the pitfalls from my experience, it's not exactly a type that encourages the forer effect but perhaps that's a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    Bring on the self serve checkouts please. Here are the items I purchased....

Bottle of sparkling mineral water
    2kgs of super ripe white peaches
    1 kg of tomatoes, also super ripe and soft
    Carton of milk
    kg of chicken legs

So why, oh why are you standing the bottles and cartons on end, jamming the soft fruit in the middle and standing a tray of chicken legs with juice leaking out on end? Is it so effing hard to lay the heavy stuff on the bottom and put the bruisables on top? Thanks for bruising 4 of my 10 peaches, causing them to go off super quick. Btw I love raw chicken juice soaking my tomatoes and then spilling out the bottom of my shopping bag and running down my leg.
    Pfff so spoiled in those states of united existence.

Here we don't have people just to bag stuff for customers, although I am obliged to ask people if they need assistance with their packing I prefer to leave the customers to do it themselves and not ask the question. It usually works out better that way.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Asked my INTP 513 dad if he was going to watch a certain critically acclaimed but politically polarizing film (name withheld because it is irrelevant to my rant), and he told me that he refused to ever watch it, because "I don't want to be brainwashed".

What does it say about you -- your critical thinking ability, your view of your own sense of judgment -- that you are that afraid of opposing opinions? Being open-minded is not going to kill you. It's certainly not going to somehow taint your intellectual purity, because you are not intellectually pure. You are not infallible. You are not right about everything. No one is right about everything. And frankly, if you want to be "right about everything" (that is, as close as you can get to it), then the best way to do it is to always stay on the lookout for things that are more "right" than you. What's that Winston Churchill quote that rose back to fame when it was used in the US "House of Cards": "To improve is to change, and to be perfect is to change often."
    Tell him Citizenfour reveals facts he is not familiar with yet.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Tempbanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I am really suspicious of how INFJ and INFP E4s are accumulating on the forum, so I am making my opinion public that more than one person on this forum is mistyped. The stereotypical avatars of the forum's 4s (black and white pictures expressing sadness, or a quandary) are a good example of what I mean, and they are becoming tiresome to view every day. I do not sense much originality; all I see is conformity created by the fear of appearing unlike a 4, and this fear itself is antithetical to being a 4 (or an sx, or a Fi user for that matter).

I should add that the propensity of many TypoC members to be lazy and stereotype newbies fuels this problem. As I have said before, it isn't what somebody says that matters, but how and why they say it. I wish we would collectively make more of an effort not to rush to conclusions, and consider weighing trends against probability.

To anybody who has just joined the forum, I would urge you to just be yourself. It has taken me a long time to see the virtues in that advice, and if I can, you can. I would also ask you not to self type then ask to be typed by somebody else, and urge members not to indulge people who have done this. You are simply being asked to confirm their ignorance.

(will C&P this to a new thread as well - expect mayhem!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    All I see is conformity created by the fear of appearing unlike a 4, and this fear is itself is antithetical to being a 4 (or an sx, or a Fi user for that matter).
    Perhaps it is your way of thinking about it which makes you see conformity and fear where others (4s) merely express themselves in similar fashion.

Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Aw, damn. I just changed to this avatar!

As it happens, in the last few days I've decided to do with JCF what I did when my instinctual variant was giving me trouble, and nail it from scratch in one final, concentrated research attack. So far, two letters of the old INFJ shorthand are certain, but the other two are taking hits. Only the end will tell who lives...
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Thinking if I've properly understood all of them.

The only one with intelligence..

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Burned the roof of my mouth pretty badly while I was eating dinner about four days ago* and it STILL hasn't entirely healed. I'm tired of having to be super careful whenever I eat anything rough or eat/drink anything hot.

* @Showbread Yet ANOTHER way in which that chicken recipe was disappointing!
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

fuck doors.
    by @magpie
    Likes Dopa liked this post