Page 445 of 728 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455495545 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 7275

Thread: The Rant Thread

literally your mother Array PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Being an ENTP fucking sucks. That's all. Everyone thinks it's awesome but it's actually the fucking worst.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Got the voice of reality, actually.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Ridiculous body-shaming school dress codes. Seriously, this has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. My daughter just called me after having been dress coded by the assistant principal. She was wearing shorts over leggings, completely covered. She was told that her outermost layer had to meet dress code (this is not actually in the dress code btw) and she would have to TAKE THE SHORTS OFF. She said she wasn't comfortable wearing leggings by themselves and was given the option to untuck her shirt instead, if it covered the shorts. Fortunately it did, so I didn't have to leave work to bring her a change of clothing.

I'm livid. Beyond the fact that telling her to take the shorts OFF is completely stupid even if you think the dress code is a great idea, this is just infuriating. This is a kid with a 4.3 GPA on a 4 point scale, who is taking the SAT three times in a row this year to get her best score so she can apply to a rigorous science and math boarding school, and planning to spend next summer overseas studying a foreign language. But somehow this morning the most important thing about her was her fucking shorts. Which she has worn before over leggings with no problems, btw. It seems like half the staff doesn't care about dress code, and the other half seems to be enforcing stuff that isn't actually in it, just for the pleasure of embarrassing a kid in front of her friends.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Ridiculous body-shaming school dress codes. Seriously, this has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. My daughter just called me after having been dress coded by the assistant principal. She was wearing shorts over leggings, completely covered. She was told that her outermost layer had to meet dress code (this is not actually in the dress code btw) and she would have to TAKE THE SHORTS OFF. She said she wasn't comfortable wearing leggings by themselves and was given the option to untuck her shirt instead, if it covered the shorts. Fortunately it did, so I didn't have to leave work to bring her a change of clothing.

I'm livid. Beyond the fact that telling her to take the shorts OFF is completely stupid even if you think the dress code is a great idea, this is just infuriating. This is a kid with a 4.3 GPA on a 4 point scale, who is taking the SAT three times in a row this year to get her best score so she can apply to a rigorous science and math boarding school, and planning to spend next summer overseas studying a foreign language. But somehow this morning the most important thing about her was her fucking shorts. Which she has worn before over leggings with no problems, btw. It seems like half the staff doesn't care about dress code, and the other half seems to be enforcing stuff that isn't actually in it, just for the pleasure of embarrassing a kid in front of her friends.
    how is having less clothes....?

sucks man.
    the bees made honey in the lion's skull

Likes Ivy liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

yeah dress codes are usually bunk, honestly and that's really dumb. the memphis schools started doing uniforms. The uniform is a pair of khakis or khaki shorts plus either a white polo or a polo of that school's color. I think it's another sign of the control that is in place and what is to come.

I had a strict dress code but it was also a prep school, but it was business casual, so no jeans. black pants or khakis and a nice shirt. the boys wore polos and khakis, except wednesdays where I had to wear a skirt and the boys a button down and tie. no weird hair colors, the guys hair couldn't be past their collar and had to be clean shavened. I thought it was dumb, but it wasn't a uniform.
    and I agree with @sunyata that her having to wear less clothes to meet dress code makes less sense.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post

Ask them if they know what the Basij are ...

In their capacity of maintaining law and order, Basiji act as "morality police" in towns and cities by "enforcing the wearing of the hijab; arresting women for violating the dress code; prohibiting male-female fraternization; monitoring citizens' activities; confiscating satellite dishes and 'obscene' material;
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

And it's fucked up, fucked up
    And this is fucked up, fucked up
    This your blind spot, blind spot
    It should be obvious, but it's not.
    But it isn't, but it isn't

You cannot kickstart a dead horse
    You just crush yourself and walk away
    I don't care what the future holds
    Cause I'm writin' out today
    With your fingers you can touch me

I'm your black swan, black swan
    But I made it to the top, made it to the top
    This is fucked up, fucked up

You are fucked up, fucked up
    This is fucked up, fucked up

Be your black swan, black swan
    I'm for spare parts, broken up
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

So my torso still feels like a watermelon about to explode. I still have a cold and have trouble breathing and I haven't properly slept in at least 3 nights.

Tomorrow night MH and I will go to a cultural event* we've had tickets for for half a year but I won't be able to properly relax and enjoy it because I know I will have to get up at 4am (i.e. only catch a maximum of 4 hours of sleep which is still more than during the last few nights!) the next morning to savely get the only train that can possibly get me to the interpreting job in another city that I was booked for because the fucking train conductors union (currently one of the most hated organisations in the country) is on its third strike within a few weeks and this time they are striking for a record time of 4 continuous days. That also means I might no be able to visit my mother on the weekend as planned which is not only annoying because I already have the tickets but because I haven't seen her since june and this would be the last chance to meet before her granddaughter is born.

* @Nicodemus is probably the only one on this forum who might appreciate the pleasures of a book reading by Max Goldt
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

if the car in front of me is going 40 mph and you want to go 60 mph fine, switch lanes. but you being right on my ass is not gonna make the traffic in front of me move faster.

unrelated but still related note I meant to honk politely at a lady in front of me cuz the light was green and had been so for a good 15 seconds, but I think it came out angrily so we're in the right left turn lane so i turn to the middle lane her the right, then she gets behind me in the middle lane. and I'm like oh shit she's gonna honk cuz my honk was angry and now she's pissed and it's just gonna be a honking war. but nope shortly after that she got in the left turn lane and made a u-turn.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    yupp

don't leave shit in the fucking oven and if you must let someone know, the house almost burnt down, I didn't have time to go get food but I had to because you had to leave shit in the oven and not saying anything. and then when I tell you don't be like oh ok and be dissmissive seriously
    by @magpie
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post