User Tag List

Page 434 of 728 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 7280

Thread: The Rant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    As soon as you have money, you have assets to protect, meaning you are no longer free. Your plan also tells me that you have not hit rock bottom yet.

How old are you?
    I am 22 this year, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    Pen Gnomes are adorable, but so irritating...
    [Joke about Phnom Penh I am too sleepy to make.] There are annoying craftspeople in my bathroom. One of them looks like a hobo-turned-zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I am 22 this year, why?
    Because it puts your problems into perspective. A 40-year-old who cannot hold down a job is in another situation than someone your age who has not yet escaped their parents' grasp.
    Likes Destiny liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I really hope that no guys would ever fall for me. I don't wanna be a burden to anyone.

I have depression and anxiety and I have difficulty holding down jobs. I am unable to lead a normal life the way normal people could. People are able to hold down jobs for years whereas I am only able to hold down jobs for weeks/months before getting fired. My family doesn't understand my situation and they often think I am being lazy.

My ideal life is to get away from my country and move to a new country where nobody knows me. I just wanna spend my entire life alone. I don't wanna be a burden to anyone around me and I don't wanna drag anyone down with me.
    Ok, you wanna feel like you'd be a burden to guys right now and that you wanna be alone for the rest of your life, that's fine. But keep in mind that that is depression talking.

I'd say most parents don't understand their own kids. And one of the hardest things for some is realizing they do NOT know what's best for you, even if their intentions are good. Even harder is to actually make that break, mind, body and spirit. Sounds like you have the beginnings of a plan for that. Getting the FUCK OUT. Smart. Physical distance is important in these situations.

Now for the "how." You said income is an issue. Fine. There's options. It's much easier for a white westerner to go teach english abroad in many different places, but is that a possibility for you? I'm guessing you're at least bi-lingual? Consider teaching a language or being an interpreter. The World is like, real big, and there's a place for you somewhere to make money from language skills you possess that you may not be able to do in your current country.

I'll stop there for now, concerning the "how."

It's probably a fallacy to think that you can read some business books and make some money in some crazy scheme, just enough for a plan ticket out. It's not a bad thing to do, but I'd focus on what you can ALREADY do to make enough money to eat and have a roof on your head. Then, once there's some momentum there, focus on your entrepreneurial dreams.

At 22, there's nothing wrong with being a vagabond, but I certainly wouldn't explain it to your parents like that. Although they're probably going to "freak out" no matter what, something like "I'm going to travel away, as it's something I HAVE to do." They will try to stop you or offer alternatives. You gotta be strong and remember that they don't have a clue about your needs. And like you said, maybe you don't tell them anything until you've already got your plane ticket. Or hell, write them an e-mail from the airport (I've done this in the past, making all the necessary plans to GET THE FUCK OUT knowing my parents wouldn't approve, but never telling them until it was happening).

I'm half-asleep so I'll stop there.

Here's an internet funny:

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Destiny liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Ok, you wanna feel like you'd be a burden to guys right now and that you wanna be alone for the rest of your life, that's fine. But keep in mind that that is depression talking.

I'd say most parents don't understand their own kids. And one of the hardest things for some is realizing they do NOT know what's best for you, even if their intentions are good. Even harder is to actually make that break, mind, body and spirit. Sounds like you have the beginnings of a plan for that. Getting the FUCK OUT. Smart. Physical distance is important in these situations.

Now for the "how." You said income is an issue. Fine. There's options. It's much easier for a white westerner to go teach english abroad in many different places, but is that a possibility for you? I'm guessing you're at least bi-lingual? Consider teaching a language or being an interpreter. The World is like, real big, and there's a place for you somewhere to make money from language skills you possess that you may not be able to do in your current country.

I'll stop there for now, concerning the "how."

It's probably a fallacy to think that you can read some business books and make some money in some crazy scheme, just enough for a plan ticket out. It's not a bad thing to do, but I'd focus on what you can ALREADY do to make enough money to eat and have a roof on your head. Then, once there's some momentum there, focus on your entrepreneurial dreams.

At 22, there's nothing wrong with being a vagabond, but I certainly wouldn't explain it to your parents like that. Although they're probably going to "freak out" no matter what, something like "I'm going to travel away, as it's something I HAVE to do." They will try to stop you or offer alternatives. You gotta be strong and remember that they don't have a clue about your needs. And like you said, maybe you don't tell them anything until you've already got your plane ticket. Or hell, write them an e-mail from the airport (I've done this in the past, making all the necessary plans to GET THE FUCK OUT knowing my parents wouldn't approve, but never telling them until it was happening).

I'm half-asleep so I'll stop there.

Here's an internet funny:

Wow, thanks for taking the time to type out this wonderful advice, I have managed to gain lots of new insights from this post, thank you!!

But I still have a dilemma though. I only have a high school diploma. What qualifications are needed if I wanna teach a language or become an interpreter abroad?

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Wow, thanks for taking the time to write out this wonderful advice, I have managed to gain lots of new insights from this post, thank you!!

But I still have a dilemma though. I only have a high school diploma. What qualifications are needed if I wanna teach a language or become an interpreter abroad?
    this annoys me you're 22 not 42 you can go to college. no one at 22 has their lives figured out. it's only 4 years into official adulthood. People who are under 30 complaining how they don't have their lives together at 22 none of my friends had steady jobs or 401ks if you talked to any of them now I don't think they would've said they'd be doing what they're doing now.
    by @magpie

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    this annoys me you're 22 not 42 you can go to college. no one at 22 has their lives figured out. it's only 4 years into official adulthood. People who are under 30 complaining how they don't have their lives together at 22 none of my friends had steady jobs or 401ks if you talked to any of them now I don't think they would've said they'd be doing what they're doing now.
    Sorry, I didn't meant to annoy you
    I'm actually from an Asian country and in my country everybody usually have their lives figured out before 30. My family have been pressurizing me a lot about my career life. When I was looking for job previously and I couldn't find one, my brother yelled at me every time he saw me and asked me why I am doing nothing with my life. So I enrolled into this music school. Then now my mum said that I am wasting my time studying music and she kept saying how I will never be able to get a job after I graduate. My mum actually expects me to have a full-time job at my age. I don't know, my family often make me feel like I'm a useless good-for-nothing bum. I actually envy people from western countries, at least you guys are able to take the time to slowly figure out your career paths.
    In Asian countries, our lives here are just so fast-paced.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I'm actually from an Asian country and in my country everybody usually have their lives figured out before 30. My family have been pressurizing me a lot about my career life. When I was looking for job previously and I couldn't find one, my brother yelled at me every time he saw me and asked me why I am doing nothing with my life. So I enrolled into this music school. Then now my mum said that I am wasting my time studying music and she kept saying how I will never be able to get a job after I graduate. My mum actually expects me to have a full-time job at my age. I don't know, my family often make me feel like I'm a useless good-for-nothing bum. I actually envy people from western countries, at least you guys are able to take the time to slowly figure out your career paths.
    22 is 8 years before 30 you have at most another 7 years
    by @magpie

The hard lesson to learn, to internalize, is that your worth does not depend on the degree to which you fulfill your family's expectations. Evoking in you the feeling that you fail to reach even the bare minimum of adult accomplishments naturally makes you see yourself as a complete waste of space. But what is easy for some can be hard for others. Try to go your own pace without listening to demands from the outside and, if possible, help your parents see how counterproductive their constant pressuring is.
    Likes Destiny, johnnyyukon liked this post

The Dark Lord Array The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    jehova witness in my house right now im locked in my room listening to them talk to the rest of my family all religous :steam:

currently convincing my parents and siblings not to vote in the general elections because god doesn't create the manifesto's:steam::steam::steam:

lol playing george carlin religion is bullshit dvd on full volume
    Irritating, I know. I would like nothing more than to see their organization crumble into a pile of smoldering ash, as I would all high control groups who kill people in the name of "purity."
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

The Dark Lord Array The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I am experiencing the same pressure from my folks, and I live in the west. I always wanted to see what Japan was like. Where are you from?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan