User Tag List

Page 428 of 727 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 7266

Thread: The Rant Thread

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Started training at this new job.

Made me feel like absolute shit. The staff weren't bad but everyone has glassy eyes and lies to themselves in order to justify their trial by work. Assistant manager who talks about working 80+ hours a week and never seeing his wife and children, while at the same time trying to sell this crap job to us?

Something so wrong with that. A twisted line of people working themselves to death in order to have the freedom to do the things they are told they want outside of the work. I admire the strength while abhorring the requirement of it.

I'm such a weak person, I actually broke down in tears when I got home. There are worse things to suffer, but it's all linked and that chopping block, by leaps and bounds of static electric notions, is what also affects things all the world over.

Pressure, keep pressing till the world implodes.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Started training at this new job.

Made me feel like absolute shit. The staff weren't bad but everyone has glassy eyes and lies to themselves in order to justify their trial by work. Assistant manager who talks about working 80+ hours a week and never seeing his wife and children, while at the same time trying to sell this crap job to us?

Something so wrong with that. A twisted line of people working themselves to death in order to have the freedom to do the things they are told they want outside of the work. I admire the strength while abhorring the requirement of it.

I'm such a weak person, I actually broke down in tears when I got home. There are worse things to suffer, but it's all linked and that chopping block, by leaps and bounds of static electric notions, is what also affects things all the world over.

Pressure, keep pressing till the world implodes.
    Can't you move to a place with less gloomy job opportunities?

Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Ya know what sux? Being old enough and wise enough to know the steps to take to be happy, but for some reason, being unable to DO them. Like, where'd my fakin' motivation go.

I spend more time planning things that I will never actually do...than doing most anything else. Perhaps because the systematic quality of it feels like accomplishment when it is really not.

Slightly related rant: meta-analysis has silenced me.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ Array digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

A huge part of me wants something really shitty to happen to someone (name left out) via the internet that can't be solved or vindicated because of google's new privacy settings just so I can tell them, "BUT, you can take solace in the fact that the criminal's free speech rights are protected. Isn't that what's REALLY important? Cuddle up to that."
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    A huge part of me wants something really shitty to happen to someone via the internet that can't be solved or vindicated because of google's new privacy settings just so I can tell them, "BUT, you can take solace in the fact that the criminal's free speech rights are protected. Isn't that what's REALLY important? Cuddle up to that."
    that reminds me of when I couldn't access my gmail and I thought maybe they thought I was someone trying to break into my account because I use a public computer mon-thur so the code wasn't getting sent. and I told them exactly where I was and that they could see that i'm suppose to be their and that there are better people to steal idenities of. turns out I didn't have phone service it makes sense
    by @magpie
    Likes digesthisickness liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Can't you move to a place with less gloomy job opportunities?
    I'm considering it, but I need more money to do so.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

I am feeling so STRESSED at the moment

My teacher said I did my entire assignment wrong so I have to re-do the entire assignment. And he gave me new assignments to do as well. I have so many assignments to do and I have to submit everything on Friday.

Feeling so stressed out until I have strands of white hair even though I am just in my early twenties, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I am feeling so STRESSED at the moment

My teacher said I did my entire assignment wrong so I have to re-do the entire assignment. And he gave me new assignments to do as well. I have so many assignments to do and I have to submit everything on Friday.

Feeling so stressed out until I have strands of white hair even though I am just in my early twenties, damn.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post

I spend more time planning things that I will never actually do...than doing most anything else. Perhaps because the systematic quality of it feels like accomplishment when it is really not.
    I hear ya loud and clear.

This used to be more of a problem, but I found when I set too many goals and wasn't working towards them, it just made me feel shitty. So I may write an idea down, but I don't get into the planning details unless I've made a commitment I can't break.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Nearly eighteen years of marriage, four kids, being faithful and sticking with one another through thick and thin, but my mother-in-law still thinks I'm an evil temptress who led her good boy astray.
    Well he ain't a boy no more.. "Mma mma mama said.."