User Tag List

Page 420 of 729 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 7283

Thread: The Rant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Sometimes I just look around like... has the world gone absolutely mad?? Or am I crazy for seeing this.. I feel like i have cheated.
    It's a very, very mad world.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Opalescence View Post
    It's a very, very mad world.
    Heck yes it is.. and for that reason I have had to train myself to consciously be more hopeful and optimistic.. or else i would be consumed by it.

"all around me are familiar faces, worn out places worn out places" <- I love that song ...also Donnie Darko was great.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Moving house is enough work and stress as it is, but when you have to struggle with a defective landline (i.e. no phone and no internet for a week or two) and an apathetic and sometimes even condescending customer service to boot: NO FUN!!!!!!

Oh, and lest I forget:

My general practitioner, who has a teaching contract with one of the best universities on this continent, refused to vaccinate me against influenza because supposedly that is too risky during pregnancy. His assistents/receptionists also claimed the vaccine would be a live vaccine and thus dangerous in my condition. His fellow doctor (the young Chinese mentioned in my blog) apparently also agreed it was too risky.

Well, the federal vaccination board of the universally respected Robert Koch Institute, the national federation of gynacologists and the federal bureau for health education all unanimously recommend an influenza vaccination during the 2. or 3. trimester. To note, they don't just say it's not dangerous, they RECOMMEND it (both for the good of the mother whose immune system is compromised and thus more likely to invite serious complications and for the baby who thus profits from the mothers antibodies immediately after birth and is also save from the possible sideeffects of the flue which could even lead to a miscarriage) -and health insurance covers the costs as well!
    Oh, and naturally the influenza vaccine would be dead, not alive. How did these people ever get to run a practice?!!

I have lost faith in my GP and will probably let my gynecologists do the vaccination this week and then eventually switch GPs. I want an old school allopath and this one is very friendly, but he's always been a bit too alternative/soft in his methods for my case and this takes the cake. He's just lost a patient.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

FUCK YOU FUCK EVERYONE FUCK EVERYTHING!!! FUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!

Phew. I feel a lot better now.
    Likes oneandonly liked this post

I misunderstand you, so I'm going to mock my impression of you and feel better.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i thought i made an amazing pop cultural discovery tonight, but someone else tweeted about it in 2011

MBTI
    TiNi
    Enneagram
    5 sp/so

I noticed that 2 of my mmo gamer friends have been inseparable lately - they wake up at the same time, group together ALL the time, wait for each other and make sure that no one outlevels the other..
    I really want to ask if they're in a relationship/dating (or considering it) but I can't think of any possible way it would turn out well
    There's absolutely no way I could justify taking the risk of asking - if there is something between them, then what? If there isn't, then what?
    Nothing changes (on my end) except for the fact that would then know that I inquired about their relationship status.
    Which is awkward and tl;dr I have more to lose than gain in this situation and know I shouldn't ask, but that doesn't make the curiosity go away and arrrrrrrrgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Glint View Post
    I noticed that 2 of my mmo gamer friends have been inseparable lately - they wake up at the same time, group together ALL the time, wait for each other and make sure that no one outlevels the other..
    I really want to ask if they're in a relationship/dating (or considering it) but I can't think of any possible way it would turn out well
    There's absolutely no way I could justify taking the risk of asking - if there is something between them, then what? If there isn't, then what?
    Nothing changes (on my end) except for the fact that would then know that I inquired about their relationship status.
    Which is awkward and tl;dr I have more to lose than gain in this situation and know I shouldn't ask, but that doesn't make the curiosity go away and arrrrrrrrgh.
    Why is it awkward to ask them? Are they both dudes?

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Why is it awkward to ask them? Are they both dudes?
    Or both Gals?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Or both Gals?
    Not half as enticing a thought... In fact, if they are both gals, don't even reply!