Page 417 of 728 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 7277

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    I would, but I like to be notified immediately when someone sends me a friends request. It's one of those situations where you have to take a heap of bad to get at the sprinkling of good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Pretty sure you can customize which events have email notifications.
    ^ Yep
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ Yep
    Oh. That's got to be the first time anything productive has ever come out of me ranting.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

My cheeks are getting fat. Better cut down on calories before I turn into a hamster. No, no, me no like dees seetuashon.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    My cheeks are getting fat. Better cut down on calories before I turn into a hamster. No, no, me no like dees seetuashon.
    sorry couldn't resist

by @magpie
    Likes Ghost liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

My laptop got rained on and it's my fault
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sorry couldn't resist

For a second I was wondering if sawdust bedding was a real thing for hipsters. Like, "my new linen sack filled with sawdust is pretty obscure, you've probably never heard of it."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I don't know if this is more of a rant or a question, but how do you get someone to see that their help wasn't helpful? They're going on about how ungrateful I am. They say it's my fault, because I was the one that asked for help, but they came in, steamrolled through, and then when I tried to participate in my own situation, it didn't go according to their plan, and then they blamed me for everything going sour. Which, actually, we don't know if it has gone sour or not yet. And even if it has, nothing will change. There's not going to be a negative outcome from this. It's just going to be no outcome. So lost work on their part and my part, but no bad consequence. They're really angry at me, because I got upset when they said that I ruined everything. I don't know how to get them to see that they went about it in a way that wasn't at all how I would've handled it and it's not fair to come in and take over someone's life, do a bunch of shit they didn't ask help with for them, and do it in a way that they can't reasonably participate in. They say that I asked for help, and I am extremely ungrateful to critique their help. I have already said I am sorry and thank you about a million times to them, but they maintain that I am ungrateful and trying to fight against them despite their hard work. Normally, I would just completely write them off and never talk to them again, but this is someone that I feel really attached to. Arghhhhh.

Edit - I think I just figured out that this was sort of a J vs P perspective issue. I think they thought the goal was the goal while I thought that the goal was helping me reach the goal.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I don't know if this is more of a rant or a question, but how do you get someone to see that their help wasn't helpful? They're going on about how ungrateful I am. They say it's my fault, because I was the one that asked for help, but they came in, steamrolled through, and then when I tried to participate in my own situation, it didn't go according to their plan, and then they blamed me for everything going sour. Which, actually, we don't know if it has gone sour or not yet. And even if it has, nothing will change. There's not going to be a negative outcome from this. It's just going to be no outcome. So lost work on their part and my part, but no bad consequence. They're really angry at me, because I got upset when they said that I ruined everything. I don't know how to get them to see that they went about it in a way that wasn't at all how I would've handled it and it's not fair to come in and take over someone's life, do a bunch of shit they didn't ask help with for them, and do it in a way that they can't reasonably participate in. They say that I asked for help, and I am extremely ungrateful to critique their help. I have already said I am sorry and thank you about a million times to them, but they maintain that I am ungrateful and trying to fight against them despite their hard work. Normally, I would just completely write them off and never talk to them again, but this is someone that I feel really attached to. Arghhhhh. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
    "Thanks for trying, but thats not really helping."
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I don't know if this is more of a rant or a question, but how do you get someone to see that their help wasn't helpful? They're going on about how ungrateful I am. They say it's my fault, because I was the one that asked for help, but they came in, steamrolled through, and then when I tried to participate in my own situation, it didn't go according to their plan, and then they blamed me for everything going sour. Which, actually, we don't know if it has gone sour or not yet. And even if it has, nothing will change. There's not going to be a negative outcome from this. It's just going to be no outcome. So lost work on their part and my part, but no bad consequence. They're really angry at me, because I got upset when they said that I ruined everything. I don't know how to get them to see that they went about it in a way that wasn't at all how I would've handled it and it's not fair to come in and take over someone's life, do a bunch of shit they didn't ask help with for them, and do it in a way that they can't reasonably participate in. They say that I asked for help, and I am extremely ungrateful to critique their help. I have already said I am sorry and thank you about a million times to them, but they maintain that I am ungrateful and trying to fight against them despite their hard work. Normally, I would just completely write them off and never talk to them again, but this is someone that I feel really attached to. Arghhhhh.
    "You misunderstood everything I said to you. What I needed was X, because my process is XX -- but you gave me Y. Y isn't helpful to me because it does YY, which don't have anything to do with X."

(but padded with kind words)
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

rather jerk off with 220 grit lubed with brake cleaner than be here at work