Page 416 of 729 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 7284

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    I keep inadvertently rocking the boat by following actual HR procedures to get, say, time off or whatever. Seems that nobody in my position has actually tried to do the things I'm trying to do, and so I'm a special case that they don't know how to handle. So they run around panicking, presumably also with their heads severed off.

I didn't know it would rock any boats, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stop pressing just because they don't know what they're doing. Not my problem. So now I'm advertently(!?) rocking the boat.

This has happened at least four times on four separate issues.

I was looking for the "slow clap" smiley and couldn't find it. It must exist. You guys should rectify that.
    Parental leave? Many employers tend to be somewhere between confused and uncooperative when men want to do that - happened to a friend of mine who wanted to take parental leave and then work reduced hours to be with his daughter.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN None

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Parental leave? Many employers tend to be somewhere between confused and uncooperative when men want to do that - happened to a friend of mine who wanted to take parental leave and then work reduced hours to be with his daughter.
    Yup. This is the example that's most pressing, but I've pissed people off by following procedures many times, usually by 'breaking new ground.' (There have also been many, many times where I've purposefully circumvented them, though. People don't like that either. No consequence to me? Tough titties; they'll get over it.)

We're legally entitled to three whole damn months. Everyone I know has taken only a week or two for paternity, which isn't an issue. I ain't doing that. The problem facing my employer as a whole is where the money to pay me for three whole damn months is going to come from. My colleagues and I don't want it to come out of any of our projects' budgets, because that'd be pissing our money away. That'd be.. not exactly in our best interests.

FMLA leave is taken concurrently with existing leave. You know how much leave I have saved up? About a billion hours. This is my one chance to use a good portion of it to my advantage.

This is going to go down as it should; the question is how.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

No I would not like to take a yoga, boxing, jiu jitsu or dance class with you. Let me live my sedentary lifestyle without shame goddamnit!!!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I'm getting sick of Facebook e-mailing me about it every time someone on my friends list so much as picks their nose.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    I'm getting sick of Facebook e-mailing me about it every time someone on my friends list so much as picks their nose.
    Deactivate e-mail notification?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    No I would not like to take a yoga, boxing, jiu jitsu or dance class with you. Let me live my sedentary lifestyle without shame goddamnit!!!
    plz

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus
    Deactivate e-mail notification?
    I would, but I like to be notified immediately when someone sends me a friends request. It's one of those situations where you have to take a heap of bad to get at the sprinkling of good.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Pretty sure you can customize which events have email notifications.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I know I've been gone a long time, but I love ranting here! So here goes:

Dear Sales Rep - I'm a vendor. Which means you being a dick to me only equates to me pushing this off to the person who hired me. I don't get paid to take crap from you. That's why I am not an employee. So put your penis back inside - not impressed. Azul

Dear 350 lb. Mom, The skin tight spandex capri leggings are not your look. Yikes - sorry. Azul

Dear ENTJ, I love you and it's been a whirlwind. Peace out. Azul

Dear INFP, Your emotive burst that cost me - sux arse. Hope karma comes back to nibble on your emotions involving the same topic we disussed! And hope it bites harder than I did. ENFP

Dear anyone who thinks I'm too negative on this thread: Bite me. ENFP

Dear everyone who has stood by me through my passions and my up and my downs. I love you. Dearly. May God bless you all immensely. Love, Azul
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

i don't understand why you can't just log into facebook once a day to check. my facebook email is no longer legit.
    by @magpie