User Tag List

Page 413 of 728 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 7277

Thread: The Rant Thread

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    EDIT: Uhrgh, apparently tylenol is also the no 1 cause of liver failure in the US.
    Because a lot of people don't follow the directions and take too much of it. Don't worry about it if you use it occasionally and don't exceed the maximum dose.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Ugh. Colds and flus during pregnancy can eat a dick.

Acetaminophen is your friend. (That sort of rhymes, so it must be true. Let's force it into our zeitgeist as another old wives' tale.)

AKA Tylenol, and Tylenol-based products. DayQuil-ish products that are Tylenol-based would work well. (But avoid the stuff that's "multisymptom" and thus probably based on more than one drug.)

That and plenty of good ol' Vitamin C. Orange juice might be too acidic for pregnant folks, but there's also foods with Vitamin C in them. And Vitamin C tablets for the laziest (most efficient) among us.
    when I get sick i can be puking and all this other stuff and feel miserable but it's rare i get a fever but i'll have all the other symptoms it's weird. like i'll be dizzy and throwing up diarhea and all the other fun flu stuff and i'll take my temp and it's rare if my temp is above 99. which is why i don't think i should go to the doctor because i'm probably not sick and it's all psycho somatic (most things) and so when I am actually dying their gonna be like nope. so i'll just wait til i faint or something to go.
    by @magpie

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Job hunting again, just amused at the completely fucking stupid requirements listed in some job advertisements:

Has a visible passion and empathy for our product and strives to deliver the perfect product
    A visible passion and empathy? Its a fucking Premier Inn, I could only muster passion for it if Lenny Henry himself were staying. Just for clarification the job is a cleaning one, why oh why do they feel the need to sell bullshit like this. It actually discourages people, because I cannot picture a person who can muster true passion for that sort of job.

And empathy? For your product? I can barely get across the mind-numbing stupidity of putting that in a job requirement. A person cannot empathise with a product, you may as well empathise with a piece of toast. Of course you can picture and imagine a reality in which the product has a living consciousness and so empathise with that. But what they really mean is they want you to subordinate yourself to their goals and drives, you are now bot, you will do as product requires...*beep*.

Also the application process is becoming more and more convoluted, you are basically expected to do most of the work yourself, where the only work on the businesses part is to glance at your 1 hour offering, dismiss or admit it and find someone to glance at you as a person for 2 minutes, thereby making sure that any decisions they do make are gut feeling and arbitrary and therefore massively inaccurate. I understand needing to shift through hundreds of applicants at a time and it is a filtration process, but I think many places are taking too many liberties and...frankly being very lazy with their processes.

Don't want to go through the strain of having to learn about a new person or train them up? Tough shit, if you want to get decent workers and not just bullshit merchants you need to put in as much as the applicants.

Wasted so many hours on this absolute nonsense.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

SIXES!!

SAGSABDASHDZFDHFR
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    EDIT: Uhrgh, apparently tylenol is also the no 1 cause of liver failure in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Because a lot of people don't follow the directions and take too much of it. Don't worry about it if you use it occasionally and don't exceed the maximum dose.
    Yeah, this. ^

Here's to hoping you feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    when I get sick i can be puking and all this other stuff and feel miserable but it's rare i get a fever but i'll have all the other symptoms it's weird.
    Weird. Maybe try going just once to see if they have anything to say about it?

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    A visible passion and empathy?
    I really want to meet the self-aggrandizing Personal Life Coach / Career Coordinator / Life Mentor / Serial Entrepreneur / Father of Two Lovely Daughters who consulted with the company to come up with that nonsense.
    Last edited by Bush Did 9/11; 08-24-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post

Weird. Maybe try going just once to see if they have anything to say about it?
    unless you have a compromise immune system or old or really young there's usually no reason to go to the doctor for a simple flu like virus. I actually got dragged kicking and screaming to the doctor a few times.
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array

Sprinklered is a word and it's the word I intended to use!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I keep getting angrier the more I think of her, I've gotta figure something out. On one hand she's fun to hang with, and she acts like a friend... concern, listening, all that jazz. It seems that she'd do anything for you. On the other hand, I feel like she'd shiv me and dump me off a bridge if it means she could hook up with a hottie. I'm starting to feel like her 'favors' are like taking favors from the Godfather, a transaction, and she will ask you to pay her back. And if you went along with it, you'd always end up in the red.

I feel like her lifestyle will end up with her knocking on my door, when all her choices have come down crashing on her head. I have no reason to think this. So far, her impulse decisions, all driven by some sort of Jay-Z dream of boozing, girls, balling, have carried her into her life fine. She pulls obscenely young girls, at least by my standards.. and really boring ones. They just have to be hot, that's the shallow criteria. This is a woman who vacations in Berlin, loves Gerhard Richter and played Perfect Day by Lou Reed on the juke yesterday. Sometimes I wonder if these aren't just another hot girl to her.

I question her integrity.

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

I think it's incredibly rude when men ask me why I'm single. Can't they just admit they can tell the reason by just looking at my face?
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w? so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    I think it's incredibly rude when men ask me why I'm single. Can't they just admit they can tell the reason by just looking at my face?
    Are you that unattractive to say it by looking at your face? Can we see a pic?

It's quite frustrating for me too when people ask me that. I have an elabirate reason that i can't share with most and i can't say 'hey i am just looking for sex' either.