Thread: The Rant Thread

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Why are all the menstruation forecast apps directed to women with regular periods? If you have a regular period, you don't need to be reminded of when you're going to have your period! Women with regular periods can just mark the day they're going to have their periods in their agendas, they can even plan whole vacations months in advance, knowing that they won't have their periods when they're away? And me? It's just a matter of gambling in my case! I even tried to google the signs of when I'll FINALLY have my period again, but the only results are for teenage girls getting their first period, women who just gave birth or women who just had a miscarriage. This is just fucking useless! I want to be able to be prepared too!
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    Why are all the menstruation forecast apps directed to women with regular periods? If you have a regular period, you don't need to be reminded of when you're going to have your period! Women with regular periods can just mark the day they're going to have their periods in their agendas, they can even plan whole vacations months in advance, knowing that they won't have their periods when they're away? And me? It's just a matter of gambling in my case! I even tried to google the signs of when I'll FINALLY have my period again, but the only results are for teenage girls getting their first period, women who just gave birth or women who just had a miscarriage. This is just fucking useless! I want to be able to be prepared too!
    my sister's irregular and her app (she uses P Tracker) is pretty good at adjusting to her irregularities from what she's told me. it predicted two periods in one month for her once and that's what she had.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

This might not be a long term solution, but have you tried ovulation tests? Your period shoudl occur about 14 days after the LH peak, no matter how long or short your cycle is.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    my sister's irregular and her app (she uses P Tracker) is pretty good at adjusting to her irregularities from what she's told me. it predicted two periods in one month for her once and that's what she had.
    The thing is, I just quit the pill, because I wanted to switch to a non-hormonal IUD (reconsidering that, apart from the boob growth, quitting the pill only has nasty side effects to me, including my libido pretty much dying). Before I started the pill, my cycle was pretty extreme and pretty hard to anticipate with. Anyway, I quit on July 5, got my last period on July 8, based on my experiences before the pill, my next period would start between August 5 and August 25. Now I'll be gone from August 29 to August 31, which can only be done if I have my period before next Friday (the length of my period is pretty much the only thing that's regular about it). So either I'd have to get my next period before Friday, or I'd have to start taking the pill again on Friday to avoid getting my period while I'm away (which would be a shame, because outfits). I thought it would be over with by now because of symptoms that I heard were associated with almost getting your period, but nope. Very, very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    This might not be a long term solution, but have you tried ovulation tests? Your period shoudl occur about 14 days after the LH peak, no matter how long or short your cycle is.
    Could be a solution. If I were rich.

Edit (45 minutes later): There is a God and that God was nice enough to read my post. I just got my period! Hooray!
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

T
    Could be a solution. If I were rich.
    Oh, not the expensive ones from the drug store which usually come in a plastic holder but those you can buy online in bags of 20 or more that are only simple paper strips. MUCH cheaper.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I hate my body for not letting me sleep.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Pro tip: Don't get sick during pregnancy!

Turns out the vast majority of pharmaceutical companies refuse to clearly state if a medication can be taken during pregnancy. They are probably afraid of the possible liability and just say: please consult a doctor or a pharmacist.

Well, I consulted a pharmacists and he said that the was NO single effective cold medication he was aware of that was explicitely ok during pregancy as every producer evades a clear statement. So his recommendation was to take some drops that even he admitted do't do more than keep the throat moist and just ride it out. Everything else would be taking an uninformed risk as even doctors and pharmacists ultimately rely on the producer's statements.

Here's hoping this so far innocent sore throat and runny nose doesn't turn into something more serious. Apparently the immune system is more vulnerable during pregnancy anyway and the last few days were rather stressful. The pharmacist said it was no wonder I had gotten sick in that context.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Damn you, Green Building Council! Damn you, LEED!

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Fuck LEED. Bunch of paper-pushing bullshit.

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Pro tip: Don't get sick during pregnancy!

Turns out the vast majority of pharmaceutical companies refuse to clearly state if a medication can be taken during pregnancy. They are probably afraid of the possible liability and just say: please consult a doctor or a pharmacist.

Well, I consulted a pharmacists and he said that the was NO single effective cold medication he was aware of that was explicitely ok during pregancy as every producer evades a clear statement. So his recommendation was to take some drops that even he admitted do't do more than keep the throat moist and just ride it out. Everything else would be taking an uninformed risk as even doctors and pharmacists ultimately rely on the producer's statements.

Here's hoping this so far innocent sore throat and runny nose doesn't turn into something more serious. Apparently the immune system is more vulnerable during pregnancy anyway and the last few days were rather stressful. The pharmacist said it was no wonder I had gotten sick in that context.
    Ugh. Colds and flus during pregnancy can eat a dick.

Acetaminophen is your friend. (That sort of rhymes, so it must be true. Let's force it into our zeitgeist as another old wives' tale.)

AKA Tylenol, and Tylenol-based products. DayQuil-ish products that are Tylenol-based would work well. (But avoid the stuff that's "multisymptom" and thus probably based on more than one drug.)

That and plenty of good ol' Vitamin C. Orange juice might be too acidic for pregnant folks, but there's also foods with Vitamin C in them. And Vitamin C tablets for the laziest (most efficient) among us.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Ugh. Colds and flus during pregnancy can eat a dick.
    seriously

Acetaminophen is your friend. (That sort of rhymes, so it must be true. Let's force it into our zeitgeist as another old wives' tale.)

AKA Tylenol, and Tylenol-based products. DayQuil-ish products that are Tylenol-based would work well. (But avoid the stuff that's "multisymptom" and thus probably based on more than one drug.)

That and plenty of good ol' Vitamin C. Orange juice might be too acidic for pregnant folks, but there's also foods with Vitamin C in them. And Vitamin C tablets for the laziest (most efficient) among us.
    That's what I ended up taking. The stuff is known as Paracetamol in this part of the world. I had a package left from a relatively recent trip to Dublin that had coffeine added to it. The package said not to take it during pregnancy due to the high coffein content but then I looked at the paracetamol content and the coffeine and content and the ridiculously higzh recommended dosage of the pill and decided to take half the dosage and not repeat for the rest of the day (instead of two 500mg pills every 4 hours which seems like a whole damn lot to me). It's 65 mg coffein per pill and the recommended maximum during pregnancy is 200 mg according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. It worked too except I still can't breath (nor, therefor, sleep) due to the plugged nose. But at least I could work a little.

EDIT: Uhrgh, apparently tylenol is also the no 1 cause of liver failure in the US.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari