User Tag List

Page 405 of 729 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 7287

Thread: The Rant Thread

  1. #4041
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    My boss asks me "Why would you do that??" in regards to how I completed my work. Well, obviously because I thought it was the best way to do it. I thought you would like it that way. What do you expect me to say? "I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway for the giggles?" "I knew it wasn't what you wanted, but I intend to disobey you at every step?" It's a stupid question to ask. And no answer I give ever satisfies, so what does it matter what I say?

    So I say, "because I'm stupid," since that's the only conclusion that seems to fit in your worldview. And then you get upset?? Why are you upset that I claim to be stupid? Why are you upset that I'm openly admitting I made a mistake, not trying to hide it? Why are you upset when I'm the one who's degraded? You've got some nerve.
    I usually end up saying "yes I did it to piss you off" but that's after a lot of not accepting my answer.
    by @magpie

  2. #4042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    My boss asks me "Why would you do that??" in regards to how I completed my work. Well, obviously because I thought it was the best way to do it. I thought you would like it that way. What do you expect me to say? "I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway for the giggles?" "I knew it wasn't what you wanted, but I intend to disobey you at every step?" It's a stupid question to ask. And no answer I give ever satisfies, so what does it matter what I say?

    So I say, "because I'm stupid," since that's the only conclusion that seems to fit in your worldview. And then you get upset?? Why are you upset that I claim to be stupid? Why are you upset that I'm openly admitting I made a mistake, not trying to hide it? Why are you upset when I'm the one who's degraded? You've got some nerve.
    The correct reply: "Have a guess."

  3. #4043

    Default

    New girl at my work asked me what the difference between the "classic kids book" section, and the "kids book series" section was. I told her a classic kids book might be something like "Anne of Green Gables". She had no idea who/what Anne of Green Gables was. Now, that might seem forgiveable to you guys, but I live somewhere in Atlantic Canada, which is very close to Green Gables, PEI.

    Not wanting to make the girl feel TOO bad, I suggested different classic children's books like: The Jungle Book, Peter Pan and so forth. Suddenly comprehension dawned on her face. I was relieved...that is until she clarified by asking: OHH, so classics are like books that were made into cartoons? Resisting the urge to throttle her, I explained that classic books are books that a lot of people like, that are generally considered very good, and have been around a long time. Then she finally put it all together: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, classics! Like the word classic? If her face hadn't been so damn earnest and genuinely uncertain, I would have assumed she was messing with me. In fact, I wish she was just messing with me. I preferred not to know that someone so ignorant could be hired at a bookstore.

    YES! LIKE THE WORD CLASSIC. EXACTLY LIKE THAT, NICE PARALLEL! MOST PEOPLE NEVER MAKE THE CONNECTION BETWEEN PLURAL AND SINGULAR WORDS! EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT A HAMBURGER IS, BUT WHAT THE HELL ARE HAMBURGERS?

  4. #4044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I preferred not to know that someone so ignorant could be hired at a bookstore.
    Holy shit! I hope she is just mopping the floor. I might have answered even the first question with sarcasm.

  5. #4045
    Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN None
    Posts
    3,195

    Default

    @Forever_Jung wait, I missed "New girl at my work" and thought you were talking about a customer.

    Holy shit!, indeed.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  6. #4046
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    @Forever_Jung wait, I missed "New girl at my work" and thought you were talking about a customer.

    Holy shit!, indeed.
    same.
    by @magpie

  7. #4047

    Default

    As it turns out, she knows the General Manager. So at least I don't have to wrestle with the idea she was hired on her own merit.

  8. #4048
    Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN None
    Posts
    3,195

    Default

    Now you just have to struggle with the fact that there's a rotten stench of nepotism around.

    But I agree that that's easier than believing that the place has low standards.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  9. #4049
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    As it turns out, she knows the General Manager. So at least I don't have to wrestle with the idea she was hired on her own merit.
    how old is she?
    by @magpie

  10. #4050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    how old is she?
    She's my age. 23.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 03:44 PM
  3. The thread critic thread/The bumpin' threads thread
    By UniqueMixture in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 04:23 AM
  4. The Introvert Rant Thread
    By Lightyear in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
  5. Childfree: The Rational Spawn of a Rant Thread
    By Totenkindly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO