User Tag List

Page 400 of 729 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 7284

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I have no patience for passive-aggressive bullshit. Say what you mean and get to the point, or I'm done with you.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    And the answer was that I just didn't seem to have the right kind of personality. So was it something I said or did? Was I inexperienced? No none of that...just the 'wrong personality' what the badger-cock fuck does that actually mean?
    Well, as an employer, you have a team of people already working for you. Now you look for someone new. Would it not make sense to pick the person you think fits best into the existing team? Job interviews are mostly about finding out whether the applicant has the right personality.

I agree, however, that the number of employers who look for cheerful chirpy robots is... disheartening. I know your pain!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Well, as an employer, you have a team of people already working for you. Now you look for someone new. Would it not make sense to pick the person you think fits best into the existing team? Job interviews are mostly about finding out whether the applicant has the right personality.

I agree, however, that the number of employers who look for cheerful chirpy robots is... disheartening. I know your pain!
    I'm with you on this! That sucks, @AffirmitiveAnxiety. I'm thankful to be in a field (nonprofits/research/consulting) where people don't care how cheerful I am as long as I get the job done. Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll find a similarly open employer someday.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post

Well I do see the perspective of those who are hiring and of course it's a filtering process. But it's not as if I am some nihilistic off-putting character, at least as far as I can perceive of myself, I do make off-colour jokes but only with people I'm friends with in a relaxed setting, not in interviews.
    It just happens a lot and I keep struggling to understand how to play this 'game' in order to sell myself successfully. When it comes to the point where I am basically dismissed on what can only be understood as a vibe, I tend to get frustrated. I can't work with that or improve it, since people never go into specifics.

But thanks, yeah it is disheartening.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'm with you on this! That sucks, @AffirmitiveAnxiety. I'm thankful to be in a field (nonprofits/research/consulting) where people don't care how cheerful I am as long as I get the job done. Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll find a similarly open employer someday.
    Oh I hope so, that sounds like my kind of thing, I think. I recently applied for a job online, basic retail stuff but it's all I can really get with my limited experience and resources, and it involved such joys as a 61 question test that measured "attention to detail" it was actually very easy and simple which was a relief and my current part-time job has helped a bit since it forces me to focus on that stuff.

Then there was a personality questionnaire with around 70+ questions and amusingly it states at the start: "There is no right or wrong answer" but the questions were very loaded to me.

Examples include: "Do you prefer others to make decisions for you?" "Are you someone who enjoys being told what to do?" "Do you keep calm in all situations?" < I mean that's just stupid...'all' situations? From knocking over stock in a crowded store to a nuclear explosion? 10 foot duck monster eating the manager? Or you miss priced a pack of quavers? Most situations as a qualifier or "are you generally calm and collected under pressure, would be a better question.

And it went on like that, I seriously hope they don't put too much stock into it because the questions were largely terrible. Although I can easily see what they are after.

I understand that a lot of issues in my life have their roots in my faults and my responsibilities and actions, but I'm also starting to recognise that it isn't all my fault.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Oh I hope so, that sounds like my kind of thing, I think. I recently applied for a job online, basic retail stuff but it's all I can really get with my limited experience and resources, and it involved such joys as a 61 question test that measured "attention to detail" it was actually very easy and simple which was a relief and my current part-time job has helped a bit since it forces me to focus on that stuff.

Then there was a personality questionnaire with around 70+ questions and amusingly it states at the start: "There is no right or wrong answer" but the questions were very loaded to me.

Examples include: "Do you prefer others to make decisions for you?" "Are you someone who enjoys being told what to do?" "Do you keep calm in all situations?" < I mean that's just stupid...'all' situations? From knocking over stock in a crowded store to a nuclear explosion? 10 foot duck monster eating the manager? Or you miss priced a pack of quavers?

And it went on like that, I seriously hope they don't put too much stock into it because the questions were largely terrible. Although I can easily see what they are after.
    Have you considered applying for office jobs? Spreadsheet-focused office jobs are the ones that precede jobs like mine, on the ladder. Generally what people want in those offices is Te, not Fe (which seems to be what retail wants). Might not be more fun than retail, necessarily, for you, but at least you wouldn't have to put on a stupid cheery face every morning.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Have you considered applying for office jobs? Spreadsheet-focused office jobs are the ones that precede jobs like mine, on the ladder. Generally what people want in those offices is Te, not Fe (which seems to be what retail wants). Might not be more fun than retail, necessarily, for you, but at least you wouldn't have to put on a stupid cheery face every morning.
    Hmm well I have done a few jobs and work experiences like that. I didn't enjoy them at first, like my current job which largely involves invoicing and data entry into Sage. But it has grown on me and if I had to choose between just those I would probably go more for the office stuff.

Well the reason I'm looking for more work is because the current job's workload has just slimmed to almost nothing, a couple of weeks ago I did......3 and half hours of work, for a week, when before it was around 30+. But that was to be expected given the nature of the job since I've helped sort out the back load. But I could do with more pay and frankly I really really want to pay my way more.

I keep hearing this in my head lately.

"An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

One moment you're too busy to maintain a social life for almost a year and the next you find out that 90% of the most powerful power couples you knew broke up within this year of work-related social impairment. One way to look at is that I shouldn't believe in love anymore, the other would be that I should be glad that I always realized you're better off spending your college life single (not that these relationships survive anyway). I hope that the 10% that's left stays together for a while though...

(OMG if people could see me now, browsing my facebook friend list, almost cheering every time I find out a couple didn't break up on me, who knew I'd be that sentimental over Breakup Season?)
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Autocorrect always turns its into it's and makes me look like I don't know the correct form to use. Annoying.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Autocorrect always turns its into it's and makes me look like I don't know the correct form to use. Annoying.
    Its a shame.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    Its a shame.
    their their. its alright.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.