User Tag List

Page 396 of 726 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 7256

Thread: The Rant Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Glad you're getting to see her. Reading about her husband makes me want to do really awful things to him. His poor kids, and your poor friend. They all deserve better. Hopefully they'll be free of him someday.

Even if they deserve it?
    well I dunno if he deserves it yet, he's not laid a finger on us but he has made threats to my room mate but not physical ones. and gotten in her face in a threatening manner before. I'm more concerned with her being hit than me, I don't think he'll hit me. the thing is they're both very type a personalities and both want to be in control and they butt heads and normal people don't threaten to get the other person evicted for asking to help take out the trash. Once me or her is actually harmed than yeah I'll have no problem for now I dunno just not comfortable.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I want to get reliable first hand information on parental leave for freelancers and my legal rights as a mother to be. So I search the government website which gives me a list of pregnancy and motherhood consultancy centers in my town.

These 7 organisations came up:

- 1 is an NGO counselling migrant women on their rights
    - 1 is the local clinic's center for human genetics (i.e. they only councel on hereditary deseases and genetic defects)
    - the other 5 are all church based Christian organisations founded to talk women out of abortions during the counselling talk they are legally obliged to have before they can abort.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Looks like I will be seeing if the international women's center can help me out with some info. Otherwise I'll have to ask the city administration's citizen office for some other address as I'll have to see them anyway about some other annoying matter.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I want to get reliable first hand information on parental leave for freelancers and my legal rights as a mother to be. So I search the government website which gives me a list of pregnancy and motherhood consultancy centers in my town.

- 1 is the local clinic's center for human genetics (i.e. they only councel on hereditary deseases and genetic defects)
    - the other 5 are all church based Christian organisations founded to talk women out of abortions during the counselling talk they are legally obliged to have before they can abort.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Looks like I will be seeing if the international women's center can help me out with some info. Otherwise I'll have to ask the city administration's citizen office for some other address as I'll have to see them anyway about some other annoying matter.
    you're pregnant? for some reason any remotely healthy and put together female on this site i automatically assume they're 50 I did the same to @EJCC and others. congrats? and to make EJCC feel better I thought @Ivy was also 50 when I first joined (she doesn't know this). I'm trying to think of a non mod to tag that isn't you. I'll figure it out later
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you're pregnant? for some reason any remotely healthy and put together female on this site i automatically assume they're 50 I did the same to @EJCC and others. congrats? and to make EJCC feel better I thought @Ivy was also 50 when I first joined (she doesn't know this). I'm trying to think of a non mod to tag that isn't you. I'll figure it out later
    Yes, pregnant. Thanks!
    I'm 34.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

Yes, pregnant. Thanks!
    I'm 34.
    good to know. you're not offended? you shouldn't be because it's actually a compliment to be mistaken for 50. I think. (I personally am not ready to be 50, because my life's not together enough for that). One of my favorite people to talk to was a 79 year old grandma and that lady one time on the bus who was at least in her 70s.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

good to know. you're not offended? you shouldn't be because it's actually a compliment to be mistaken for 50. I think. (I personally am not ready to be 50, because my life's not together enough for that). One of my favorite people to talk to was a 79 year old grandma and that lady one time on the bus who was at least in her 70s.
    Oh, no. Don't worry. I'm not offended. My mental age varies between 6 and 40 depending on the situation and context

There's a point where you feel like you've got your shit together enough to progress in life while you might never be 100% ready, let alone 100% perfect or the picture book ideal of an "adult". On the other hand, much of the stuff that occupies one's mind in the twenties (and dominates this forum) does seem far away or has at least gotten old by now, so your instinct might not be that far off after all.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

Oh, no. Don't worry. I'm not offended. My mental age varies between 6 and 40 depending on the situation and context

There's a point where you feel like you've got your shit together enough to progress in life while you might never be 100% ready, let alone 100% perfect or the picture book ideal of an "adult". On the other hand, much of the stuff that occupies one's mind in the twenties (and dominates this forum) does seem far away or has at least gotten old by now, so your instinct might not be that far off after all.
    I'll be lucky if i ever reach 45% ready. I'm trying to think what dominates the forum lately I'll go look i've been not paying much attention since they got rid of the new posts box.
    by @magpie

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Lucy (my 1-year-old puppy) is so stubborn! Every time I take her out for a walk now, she keeps stopping in the middle of the sidewalk! And I'm the only person in the family she does that with.

WHY?!!
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Senior Member Array

Hover bitch

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Weird! I assumed Germany was better about that. Better move to Sweden?

Well it's funnier with me than with Ivy, because Ivy has kids and is 10-15 years older than me or thereabouts. But it does make me feel better that the 50-y/o thing is not just me
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!