User Tag List

Page 384 of 729 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 7287

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    WILD

Tattoo trend in western society today: what is the point to express your singularity through a so common way ?

Absurd.
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

C'est faux de dire: Je pense : on devrait dire : On me pense.
    It is wrong to say: I think. One should say: I am thought.
    Arthur Rimbaud

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t738367/

^^^^^

I have a friend who lives in that town. In fact, I'm actually going to be right outside of that town today. My boyfriend's family and I are taking a trip up to Glacier National Park.

But man that forum pisses me off. This is the one I accidentally joined. I'm gonna send this to my friend so we can be angry together. The town and the people are lovely and VERY open minded, so thankfully I don't see this going well for those ugly racists. Hopefully they're all too stupid and poor to survive the winters. If that town gets overrun with white nationalists, I'll make it my duty to reclaim the town. I have a huge attachment to it.
    people who expect a change
    who can't throw away their humanity
    who stay idle in growth
    who won't dirty their hands
    those are the most terrifying of monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t738367/

Christ, 40 pages.

Lemme just get a blanket so I can get real comfy basking in all this idiocy.

Tonight was Halloween. We had a great time. I took Dresden along with two of my friends kids around the neighborhood Trick or Treating. It was great because so many of the houses were lit up and decorated. Many people had gone to great lengths to make their homes and yards festive. We had lights, spiderwebs, a Guy Fawks ( V for Vendetta ) character on the porch as well as hanging bats and the obligatory jack o lanterns. We also made a cemetary for the Bill of rights, 1st Amendment, etc.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

How do you accidentally join Stormfront??

as above, so below Array Typh0n's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    Tattoo trend in western society today: what is the point to express your singularity through a so common way ?

Absurd.
    1) Every tattoo is different(or should be, ideally, though there are alot of repeatitive themes)
    2) Some people admit getting a tattoo is just following a trend, a trend that they enjoy, though it doesnt make them "unique".

I know you were just ranting but I wanted to add that

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Saying that tattoos are "so common" is a little like saying that drawing is "so common." Yes, but. And the "but" is pretty obvious- some drawings suck, and others are really unique and cool.

PS Tattoos are drawings.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Absurd.
    I wouldn't be surprised if one day they find out that conventional tattoo ink is poisonous to us long term
    by @magpie

MBTI
    WILD

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Saying that tattoos are "so common" is a little like saying that drawing is "so common." Yes, but. And the "but" is pretty obvious- some drawings suck, and others are really unique and cool.

PS Tattoos are drawings.
    Except that you're not a piece of paper and you can't throw your body in a garbage can when you're done. :/
    Before (in our society), tattoos were a way to claim your marginality with pride. Now that it is socially acceptable, some people allow themselves to show some "originality" at little cost, this is no longer a bold step but another gregarious phenomenon hidden behind an individualistic whim.

As if everybody had identical houses but - oh see - they still can chose a different color for their shutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    1) Every tattoo is different(or should be, ideally, though there are alot of repeatitive themes)
    2) Some people admit getting a tattoo is just following a trend, a trend that they enjoy, though it doesnt make them "unique".

I know you were just ranting but I wanted to add that
    2) Even more absurd

Yes please let me rant
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

C'est faux de dire: Je pense : on devrait dire : On me pense.
    It is wrong to say: I think. One should say: I am thought.
    Arthur Rimbaud

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Christ, 40 pages.

Lemme just get a blanket so I can get real comfy basking in all this idiocy.

Oh good lord. I told my friend and she said if she finds that person's house, she will have no regrets breaking in and slapping them all across the face. With a pipe. On fire. Covered in acid.
    people who expect a change
    who can't throw away their humanity
    who stay idle in growth
    who won't dirty their hands
    those are the most terrifying of monsters

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Except that you're not a piece of paper and you can't throw your body in a garbage can when you're done. :/
    Before (in our society), tattoos were a way to claim your marginality with pride. Now that it is socially acceptable, some people allow themselves to show some "originality" at little cost, this is no longer a bold step but another gregarious phenomenon hidden behind an individualistic whim.

As if everybody had identical houses but - oh see - they still can chose a different color for their shutters.

2) Even more absurd

Yes please let me rant
    shhh shhh *pets you* shhh shhh. think about it let them get tattoos it's probably part of something bigger. they thing it's cool. It's probably to warp society into thinking getting barcodes tattooed on us in the future is really cool. they probably think that now
    by @magpie