Page 382 of 727 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 7266

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Okay so this is a totally ungrateful and shameless rant. It is nothing but pure feels and yes again it is fairly selfish, but thanks to anyone who reads it and feels me because I don't really feel appropriate sharing this with anyone else, so thanks for helping me vent.

It drives me insane when my boyfriend tells me that he "was going to" do something sweet/romantic. Like he told me today that he was going to have showed up at my workplace with flowers because I was supposed to be working late but I ended up getting out early. Why not just keep that to himself and surprise me a different day, and tell me about it later? Why tell me now and make me feel sad about what I missed out on and make me wonder why it seems like he tells me more of these "was going to" stories than doing actual romantic things? He's so sweet and good about the day-to-day practical stuff but I hate essentially being walked through envisioning the ideal while not getting to live it. It makes me angry and disappointed. I've tried to explain this to him before and ask him to stop telling me but he doesn't seem to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    omg, I never realized how frustrating this is until recently - I've asked my guy not to tell me anymore! The last time he told me he was going to buy me flowers I think my eyes started to glow red or something because he shut up quite quickly, heh. (I then put the flower vase in the trash because I sort of door slammed flowers at that point. Surprisingly, he rescued it. I did feel horrible and ungrateful but it was kinda like he was dangling this love-carrot in front of me that I'd rather not have known about!)

I was gunna add that all you have to do if you want to rectify this for the future is...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Describe the sloppy wet blowjob you would have given him if he had just followed through.
    But Tilty beat me to it!
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Ladies, these are two of the most ridiculous rants I've ever heard.

Coming from this INTJ, who has been known to pull a romantic thing or two in the past, two things you might want to consider are that: 1) sometimes the thought really should count, and your man simply wanted you to know that he was thinking about you, and clearly in a very admiring, loving, fond way, and wanted to do this for you, but reality got in the way; and 2) maybe he's a little insecure that, if he does it, you won't like it, or will think it's totally cheesy, or something, so he mentioned it to see how you would react. A negative reaction here might not be the best of things.
    Hey, I deleted mine! GD you and your quick fingers. :p

Actually, the vase in the trash thing was just so cathartic. I rarely do anything so "hot-blooded", it felt awesome.

Now he tends to do rather than tell... Which is why I deleted... Felt kinda unfair of me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I was gunna add..

But Tilty beat me to it!
    Two can play the teasing game!

violaine

Ladies, these are two of the most ridiculous rants I've ever heard.

Coming from this INTJ, who has been known to pull a romantic thing or two in the past, two things you might want to consider are that: 1) sometimes the thought really should count, and your man simply wanted you to know that he was thinking about you, and clearly in a very admiring, loving, fond way, and wanted to do this for you, but reality got in the way; and 2) maybe he's a little insecure that, if he does it, you won't like it, or will think it's totally cheesy, or something, so he mentioned it to see how you would react. A negative reaction here might not be the best of things.
    Hmm, but you do make a good point with point 2. I mean, I have told him I love all of that stuff when he's doing it, though I used to totally rail against such things and I didn't like anything remotely like that in other relationships. He just comes across as so self-assured... I wonder. Thanks for the tip.

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

General Shinsheki, your incompetence has resulted in the deaths of 40 (that we know of) veterans. Please just go away.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    General Shinsheki, your incompetence has resulted in the deaths of 40 (that we know of) veterans. Please just go away.
    I'm still irritated about him crapping on the Rangers and making the black beret standard issue and therefore meaningless.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

LadyLazarus

Fuck you finals, I'll just become a hobbit or Charlie Sheen or something.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Thinking about relationships makes me wanna bury myself.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I have decided that I no longer exist therefore I am no type as I am not even reality
    by @magpie

MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    937 sp/so

I'm so tired of being tired all the time. (I fell asleep at 8:30 last night, woke up at 1:45 am, and couldn't fall back asleep. I'm going to be about to pass out by this afternoon.) My sleep schedule has been erratic for about a month now (for unidentified reasons) and it's making me feel so fucked up and like my general health level is dropping. My short-term memory is going down the drain, I feel like my IQ has dropped 10 points, my emotions are erratic (I've been alternately emotionless and scarily moody), and I generally have this weird feeling of being floaty yet weighed-down, like there's only half of me there but I'm straining to carry around 200 pounds of solid bricklike exhaustion. I've been avoiding caffeine after noon and all that stuff, and I've tried natural remedies like chamomile and valerian but they only help a little bit. I really hope this resolves itself soon because I don't want to take sleep medication. On the bright side, I've been having a lot of weird dreams, which is the only real imagination I seem to have these days.
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse