Thumbs up

I LOVE THE WORLD!

Oops wrong thread.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I don't know why I procrastinated to write this paper, or why I feel the need to people watch instead of doing said paper. I think I work better under stressful conditions, honestly. If I have too much time to do something, I'll nitpick and feel to complete and then lack a purpose. I like the challenge....afterwards, when it's all done. But now, I just want to kick my past self for not doing this earlier!

Plus this fuckwad that was on the computer next to me smells like dead things -- animals and food. He looks like Dan Akroyd, who although is a good actor, freaks me out. This man freaks me out. I tried taking a picture earlier to show my SO, but the sound on my phone was on -- so it did that little camera flash. It was so awkward -- but I made him feel like the moron, by just staring him down, like he was the freak for not taking pictures of random people.

He moved to the other side of the lab.
    Mission accomplished!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9, 5
    Socionics
    INTj

Dental work $1500
    Car tags and taxes $420
    Car Insurance $120
    Cupcake Mix $1
    All at $150 pay per week
    WTF?!
    It is virtually impossible
    FUCK!
    P.S. 2" Spider crawling up my arm
    I give up, but not without a bitchy fight
    What is normal to one, is incomprehensible to another.

ALL anger in this world stems from a lack of control.

All of reality bows to the illusion of life and death.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

WHOSE breakfast/lunch smells like POOP?!! Seriously people, gross!!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

figsfiggyfigs

STOP playing with my head. I hate knowing that I'm being strung along. Clarify , or I WILL cut you out.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    The class average for the chemistry exam was a 51%.... The professor won't curve it because he is convinced this is a normal average for an exam. 59% and below is failing... Over half of the class failed...

I managed to pull an 80%. I don't ever get B's...

This is the guy's first semester teaching a college course. He was a highschool teacher before this. The guy doesn't even have a PHD.

He doesn't have tenure. A bunch of kids were talking about going to the dean of the chem department about it. I hope they do.
    When I took Thermodynamics I had average of 85-90%, which in most engineering classes would get you an A- at least.

But everyone did well, so I got curved DOWN (to a B-).

I wasn't too cranky about it at the time, but I realized when I graduated that I would have graduated with honours if I had that A-. :steam:

Last year I found out that prof had spent his grant money on home electronics, cars, furniture, etc. The National Sciences and Engineering Research Council cut off all of his funding. He is now disgraced and his academic career is pretty much over. How's that for karma?

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    When I took Thermodynamics I had average of 85-90%, which in most engineering classes would get you an A- at least.

But everyone did well, so I got curved DOWN (to a B-).

I wasn't too cranky about it at the time, but I realized when I graduated that I would have graduated with honours if I had that A-. :steam:

Last year I found out that prof had spent his grant money on home electronics, cars, furniture, etc. The National Sciences and Engineering Research Council cut off all of his funding. He is now disgraced and his academic career is pretty much over. How's that for karma?
    NO ONE got an A on ours. I'm sorry, but as a professor there is NO WAY you can think that it's the classes fault. Our Chem department head advised us to go to the Dean with as many people as we could gather. He said bring enough people that there is barely standing room in his office. He thinks we have a legitimate complaint and should pursue it.

I know how you feel about the honors shit. I have a 4.0, and it's REALLY imperative that I keep it because the conditions of my parent's financially supporting me is that I maintain a 4.0.

On Tuesday we're going to amass a Chem army and march on the Dean's office. Hopefully it works out for us.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Senior Member Array

I had a similar situation in my second year of university. No one, out of 400+ engineering students who took Dynamics, got better than a B. I had a C-, and I was ecstatic. Lots of Ds and Fs were handed out. Two guys I knew dropped out of university after that. Some students went to the Dean, but after he reviewed the quality of our work he decided "Nope, you guys really are that dumb!"

And it was true: none of us really understood or did well. Hell, we had two midterms: I got 37% and 38%. I only 'passed' (>50%) one assignment. I must have worked miracles on the final exam to get that C-.

Good luck in your case, though.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

i don't understand how things can be so perfectly good one minute, and then literally the next second be this horrific fucking nightmare.
    it baffles me.

!@$%& It's Cold!
    MY legs are freezing. I'm not ready for this weather!