Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I took a year in high school and two semesters in college. I forgot it all. My most used skill is addition. Sometimes I use multiplication. Basic algebra and statistics are actually somewhat valuable to know.
    Exactly, highlander. I took stats a while ago and that has been useful a number of times over the last several years. For my current work I use a fair amount of multiplication and addition. I have learned a couple useful applications of calculus, but none of them are very realistic - even if I could generate the formulae myself, and solve/graph it, I can't imagine that being the most efficient route. To some degree having the knowledge is satisfying but to another it seems like lost time and energy.

Moving to the BVI Array highlander's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Exactly, highlander. I took stats a while ago and that has been useful a number of times over the last several years. For my current work I use a fair amount of multiplication and addition. I have learned a couple useful applications of calculus, but none of them are very realistic - even if I could generate the formulae myself, and solve/graph it, I can't imagine that being the most efficient route. To some degree having the knowledge is satisfying but to another it seems like lost time and energy.
    I do think it's useful for something, like maybe if you are an engineer, physicist or into economics and financial forecasting.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

People who believe in typology so much as to judge purely by type make me sick. An awful lot of you choose to do so, and I can't help but to feel disappointed. You are all so caught up in this, now I am sometimes too. But it makes sense considering what the forum is for, also, all forums have their share of dimwits. It's just sad when those dimwits make up for at least 50% of all active members.

LadyLazarus

The way this guy I know drives just makes me want to hit him over the head with a blunt object sometimes([even though it may greatly improve his driving] not while he is driving), he does so many stupid things, it's ridiculous that he still has a license.

What really makes me mad is his utter lack of concern for the safety of the other people on the road and the other people in his car. Who is he to endanger others? I don't know what his problem is but others want/have the right to life! He should understand that his actions affect other things.

I am NEVER taking a ride from him again, the gesture is nice but the rest not so much.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Why is it, when you're female, if you have something unkind to say about another female, if she's deemed attractive by the opposite sex, you're instantly just *jealous*, rather than the fact that the person may have real and horrible fundamental character flaws or even heinous body odour? But because she's pretty, 'you jelly'. Urgh.

Can't I just dislike people without their appearances coming into play? My dislike of them never has anything to do with how they look. It's their brains, or lack there of that I despise.

There was only that one time with the girl who had the really HUGE mole in the middle of one of her eyebrows, and I didn't dislike her, she was really nice, I just couldn't look the mole straight on.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Glycerine

I am horrible... I used my ENFJ skill-set to gang up on my dad and make him feel less of a person ON EASTER... because he pulled an asshole move on my mother... and I don't care.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I hope to not be annoying and clingy in her eyes, I just cannot help the way I feel. I'm beginning to fear that I like her more than she could ever like me, if this rings true then I will die and give up forever. So many times it has happened before, let this be the one now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Sports ruin holidays.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Bitch bitch bitch grumble bitch.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I do think it's useful for something, like maybe if you are an engineer, physicist or into economics and financial forecasting.
    Yeah, that's true. Part of me wishes they'd split it into non-major and major track. I have a friend who was in atmospheric sciences - she's a meteorologist now - and she needed that math and more. Going into healthcare/medicine I need to know the math to understand the chem and the physics, but I don't need it for more advanced purposes. On the other hand, they have split and designated with some other subjects, and it's very hard to get in those classes because availability of professors is so limited and so many students want to take the tailored courses. So for right now I'll stick with my bitching and moaning and just be grateful it didn't take me 3 semesters of waiting to get in.