User Tag List

Page 339 of 729 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 7281

Thread: The Rant Thread

  1. #3381
    Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    You can secularize and commercialize the day devoted to Jesus coming back from the dead all you want, but secularizing and commercializing his birth crosses a line the former doesn't. Perfect logic. I mean, clearly everyone comes back from the dead, but not everyone comes out of their mother.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

    "I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

    ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?


    Johari Nohari

    https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

  2. #3382
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    You can secularize and commercialize the day devoted to Jesus coming back from the dead all you want, but secularizing and commercializing his birth crosses a line the former doesn't. Perfect logic. I mean, clearly everyone comes back from the dead, but not everyone comes out of their mother.
    Some of us are surgically extracted. Like a parasite. Or Macduff.

  3. #3383
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    sorry <3
    It's ok I promise not to flog you


  4. #3384
    i love Array skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    It ought to be standard for everyone to have more time off around the holidays. Everyone would be happier and healthier if we had more time to relax and enjoy. Commerce be damned... the only people who should be working Christmas are those who want to and those who provide vital services, like ER staff, who should get huge bonus pay and big pre/post holiday parties and weeks off before/after. Money is just an avenue to happiness... happiness is a more direct route to happiness.

  5. #3385
    girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Enneagram
    1w2 so
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    It ought to be standard for everyone to have more time off around the holidays. Everyone would be happier and healthier if we had more time to relax and enjoy. Commerce be damned... the only people who should be working Christmas are those who want to and those who provide vital services, like ER staff, who should get huge bonus pay and big pre/post holiday parties and weeks off before/after. Money is just an avenue to happiness... happiness is a more direct route to happiness.
    preach it!
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

    thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

  6. #3386
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    It ought to be standard for everyone to have more time off around the holidays. Everyone would be happier and healthier if we had more time to relax and enjoy. Commerce be damned... the only people who should be working Christmas are those who want to and those who provide vital services, like ER staff, who should get huge bonus pay and big pre/post holiday parties and weeks off before/after. Money is just an avenue to happiness... happiness is a more direct route to happiness.
    I'm working hard right now. I will be here all day.

  7. #3387
    Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Some of us are surgically extracted. Like a parasite. Or Macduff.
    But that's still coming out of the mother. I guess if you want to run with this Christmas could be a celebration of natural births. Man that would piss a lot of people off.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

    "I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

    ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?


    Johari Nohari

    https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

  8. #3388
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    But that's still coming out of the mother. I guess if you want to run with this Christmas could be a celebration of natural births. Man that would piss a lot of people off.


    Hooray natural births!

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC
    I'm working hard right now. I will be here all day.
    Ha ha. Ha ha ha.

  9. #3389
    i love Array skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I'm working hard right now. I will be here all day.


    Truthfully, I'm kind of fond of the holidays at work because it's so busy and crazy that I can bend the pointless rules and fuck off for significant periods of time and as long as I'm doing it with a dose of Christmas cheer, no one seems to notice or care.


  10. #3390
    Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Wish I was at work!
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

    RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

    Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 03:44 PM
  3. The thread critic thread/The bumpin' threads thread
    By UniqueMixture in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 04:23 AM
  4. The Introvert Rant Thread
    By Lightyear in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
  5. Childfree: The Rational Spawn of a Rant Thread
    By Totenkindly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO