Thread: The Rant Thread

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

“Creation - that is the great redemption from suffering, and life's growing light. But that the creator may be, much suffering is needed and much change. Indeed, there must be much bitter dying in your life, you creators!” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

I wonder how much meaning can be divined from that above quote. Perhaps change is an integral part of suffering, since we suffer yet more when we fail to adapt well within the constant flux. The transformations though are what could make us grow.

I know that there must be a better way. One day I will lay the foundations for the annihilation of all pains suffered on our part! A good first step in the fulfillment of this momentous task would be to realign the pieces, change the world architectures around. The process is all centered around this amazing idea of design.

Design is very process based, which comes before the deal is signed and completed. It's in the process that we really build constructs up, so if we could somehow make the design before the action, then all following actions could follow the commands of our designs and force of will.

Simply put, we won't shape ourselves to the world, but rather the world will shape itself to us!

My great grandmother told her kids 6 months before I was born that a "Child of Light" would be born in the east (she lived on the west USA coast), and then surely enough, I was born in Virginia, whereas nobody else in my family was born that year. She must have had some divinely inspired vision of the great things I shall bring to our civilization and our immanent salvation!

Not that I'm a messiah (I'm very far from it), but I can be a focus point for the unfolding future and an architect for our shining destiny. I alone can't be the bridge. We must all cross it together over the sparkling rainbow of the heavens and to our ultimate ascension! Rise up to your greatest height and gaze out upon the open horizon, and all the boundaries shall be broken asunder!

What do I define as perfection you might ask? Perfection my friends is freedom from all restrictions. The ultimate goal is to break our chains!

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    I don't, but when I see the huge difference, I'm like 'WTF?!'
    I understand. I don't think Facebook lends itself to particularly deep exchanges, at least not publicly. Throwaway stuff about gluten-free salmon burritos is easily 'liked'.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I have to say, I have a different experience of Facebook than what y'all are describing. I've had some conversations on stuff I've shared or someone else has shared that are at least as deep as what happens here. Sometimes moreso because I don't feel like I have to be constantly on guard there or someone will come in and just eviscerate my ideas (note difference between evisceration and constructive criticism, which is always welcome).

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I have to say, I have a different experience of Facebook than what y'all are describing. I've had some conversations on stuff I've shared or someone else has shared that are at least as deep as what happens here. Sometimes moreso because I don't feel like I have to be constantly on guard there or someone will come in and just eviscerate my ideas (note difference between evisceration and constructive criticism, which is always welcome).
    I lost facebook 'friends' over stuff that was "too deep". :/ I lost facebook 'friends' because they didn't like my profile picture.

As I've said many times before, I deleted my facebook account years ago and I don't miss it whatsoever.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I have a good time on Facebook like you Ivy. It is the only way I'm connected to some people. If I lose friends over something, that's okay because there's people a'plenty in the world. Just scoop up some more. It's awesome that way.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    MY HAIR ISN'T PRETTY IT'S MANLY AND COOL.
    Curly hair is neither cool nor manly.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Okay, I can understand why producers are looking for alternatives to natural cork to close wine bottles.

But chewy, rubbery plastic plugs that stick to the wall of the bottle while offering next to no resistence to the cork screw? WTF?!

You end up with a deformed "cork" with a hole in the middle and the precious wine is still without reach

Seriously, how hard can it be to use a material that is easy to remove with a cork screw? It can't make a difference of more than a few cents max but does decide over whether I will ever rebuy the product.

If you don't want to use natural cork and can't make a decent plastic cork, use a screw cap, guys!

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    “Creation - that is the great redemption from suffering, and life's growing light. But that the creator may be, much suffering is needed and much change. Indeed, there must be much bitter dying in your life, you creators!” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

I wonder how much meaning can be divined from that above quote. Perhaps change is an integral part of suffering, since we suffer yet more when we fail to adapt well within the constant flux. The transformations though are what could make us grow.

I know that there must be a better way. One day I will lay the foundations for the annihilation of all pains suffered on our part! A good first step in the fulfillment of this momentous task would be to realign the pieces, change the world architectures around. The process is all centered around this amazing idea of design.

Design is very process based, which comes before the deal is signed and completed. It's in the process that we really build constructs up, so if we could somehow make the design before the action, then all following actions could follow the commands of our designs and force of will.

Simply put, we won't shape ourselves to the world, but rather the world will shape itself to us!

My great grandmother told her kids 6 months before I was born that a "Child of Light" would be born in the east (she lived on the west USA coast), and then surely enough, I was born in Virginia, whereas nobody else in my family was born that year. She must have had some divinely inspired vision of the great things I shall bring to our civilization and our immanent salvation!

Not that I'm a messiah (I'm very far from it), but I can be a focus point for the unfolding future and an architect for our shining destiny. I alone can't be the bridge. We must all cross it together over the sparkling rainbow of the heavens and to our ultimate ascension! Rise up to your greatest height and gaze out upon the open horizon, and all the boundaries shall be broken asunder!

What do I define as perfection you might ask? Perfection my friends is freedom from all restrictions. The ultimate goal is to break our chains!
    Wrong thread.

You think I'd have learned by now that anything other than the small size of Starbucks plain coffee is likely going to give me jitters unless it takes me hours to finish it.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Okay, I can understand why producers are looking for alternatives to natural cork to close wine bottles.

But chewy, rubbery plastic plugs that stick to the wall of the bottle while offering next to no resistence to the cork screw? WTF?!

You end up with a deformed "cork" with a hole in the middle and the precious wine is still without reach

Seriously, how hard can it be to use a material that is easy to remove with a cork screw? It can't make a difference of more than a few cents max but does decide over whether I will ever rebuy the product.

If you don't want to use natural cork and can't make a decent plastic cork, use a screw cap, guys!

They have always worked well for me. It must be your fault! Unless you drink red wine, then it is the wine's fault!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post

I hate those things!!

I was at a party once where the partygoers ended up without wine because one bottle had one of these impossible plastic corks. Everybody pitched some ideas in and were gathered around whoever had decided to try his hand at dealing with the cork problem. I think what ended up happening, since the cork was pretty much intact, was that we pushed the plastic into the wine bottle.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!