Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 7270

Thread: The Rant Thread

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Do you have a foot fetish or something? I'm always puzzled by people who are this freaked out by feet...as someone who wears flip-flops like I'm a Chinese person and walks barefoot whenever climate and surface allows. I tend to think people who are this freaked out by feet must secretly sexualize feet in this way, to compare feet in this irrational way to butts or genitals.

You know, I know a guy who wears his shoes even inside the house who doesn't seem to care for feet, who also said things to me in the past like I should never mention I have my period, or even go to the bathroom, because girls don't go to the bathroom. All of this stuff screams sexual neurosis, hard core.

Could you actually smell his feet (that would be pretty bad and unusual since feet air out more in sandals and flip flops) or were you just imagining that you could because you're freaked out by or fixated on feet?
    Could be a germ-thing. I get grossed out easily by thinking too much about where flipfloppy feet venture.. public restrooms. Urinal splashback..

I think in 93's scenario, I would've been more bothered if the guy was seated behind me, & had his bare feet propped up on the backing of the empty seat beside me. It's bad enough with shoes on, but are feet just makes it feel more.. filthy. Just from the contact it might have that other parts of the body may not.

Foot fetishes are odd.. some guy followed my friend when she was walking home, last year.. was driving slowly beside her a couple blocks, repeatedly asking her to show him her feet. Even offered to give her money. *shudder*

Another friend of mine sort of accidentally conditioned himself to get turned on by feet. He used to pretend he LOVED them, just to creep out his gfs, make them squirm away if he acted like he was going to put a toe in his mouth. Sometimes he'd manage to do it, I guess. One girl got insanely turned on by getting her toes sucked- it was a huge surprise to both of them. I dunno, after that he thought it was the coolest thing ever. ENTPs. *shakes head*
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Could be a germ-thing. I get grossed out easily by thinking too much about where flipfloppy feet venture.. public restrooms. Urinal splashback..

I think in 93's scenario, I would've been more bothered if the guy was seated behind me, & had his bare feet propped up on the backing of the empty seat beside me. It's bad enough with shoes on, but are feet just makes it feel more.. filthy. Just from the contact it might have that other parts of the body may not.
    I don't understand how bare feet are dirtier than shoes. That has to be psychological. If a person was previously wearing shoes, even sandals or flip flops, their feet are cleaner than their shoes would be. It stands to reason that the dirtiest thing is actually the bottom of a shoe itself, not the foot, which is aired out, washed, and isn't coming directly into contact with a city street.

This is what I mean about it being irrational. Though you're probably right about it being a germ thing, the person I mentioned who doesn't like feet or the thought of women urinating also has OCD, and he knows it.

Foot fetishes are odd.. some guy followed my friend when she was walking home, last year.. was driving slowly beside her a couple blocks, repeatedly asking her to show him her feet. Even offered to give her money. *shudder*

Another friend of mine sort of accidentally conditioned himself to get turned on by feet. He used to pretend he LOVED them, just to creep out his gfs, make them squirm away if he acted like he was going to put a toe in his mouth. Sometimes he'd manage to do it, I guess. One girl got insanely turned on by getting her toes sucked- it was a huge surprise to both of them. I dunno, after that he thought it was the coolest thing ever. ENTPs. *shakes head*
    Honestly it sounds to me like he had a foot fetish all along and was too embarrassed to admit it (maybe even to himself) so made a joke out of it constantly as a way to express it until he finally found someone (the girl who was aroused by toe sucking) who enjoyed it so much he felt comfortable admitting that he enjoyed it too.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't understand how bare feet are dirtier than shoes. That has to be psychological. If a person was previously wearing shoes, even sandals or flip flops, their feet are cleaner than their shoes would be. It stands to reason that the dirtiest thing is actually the bottom of a shoe itself, not the foot, which is aired out, washed, and isn't coming directly into contact with a city street.

This is what I mean about it being irrational. Though you're probably right about it being a germ thing, the person I mentioned who doesn't like feet or the thought of women urinating also has OCD, and he knows it.

Yeah, I suppose it's not entirely rational. I feel that way about the feet in or out of shoes. Usually if they've been IN shoes all day they might smell, so it's still gross even if they're not as unsanitary. I guess maybe it's some additional dimension of intimacy or something for some people.. not necessarily sexual, but just this degree of physical comfort in a public setting that the other party doesn't relate to.. Not sure. Though I won't discount, people repress sexual shit a lot & it comes out in strange ways. Who knows.

Honestly it sounds to me like he had a foot fetish all along and was too embarrassed to admit it (maybe even to himself) so made a joke out of it constantly as a way to express it until he finally found someone (the girl who was aroused by toe sucking) who enjoyed it so much he felt comfortable admitting that he enjoyed it too.
    Yeah, I wondered the same, myself. He generally also likes creeping out his girlfriends in various ways, so I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I suppose it's not entirely rational. I feel that way about the feet in or out of shoes. Usually if they've been IN shoes all day they might smell, so it's still gross even if they're not as unsanitary.
    I've never been bothered by feet at all unless they're just really aesthetically off-putting ...like yellow long toe nails or actually are black on the bottom from being outdoors and aren't washed before putting them on the couch or bed. Otherwise I just don't want to smell certain people's smelly gym shoes, but that has more to do with accumulation of bacteria in a dark warm place (gym shoes) than feet themselves.

One of the reasons why I like to be barefoot in doors or on grass or the beach is because it actually seems cleaner than tracking shoes everywhere. That's why I take on this tone of amusement when talking about someone disliking feet so much that they wear their shoes in the house...oh great, so now you're tracking everything on the bottom of your shoes all over the inside of your house. That's how I see it. It's actually not cleaner. It just means the person is freaked out by feet, as a body part, which does seem sexually neurotic to me since foot fetish is the most common fetish.

It could be a culturally learned behavior though. In my family shoes have always been optional, and now I live in Southern California where women have nicer feet than figures sometimes, because it's so common to wear sandals or flip flops everywhere due to the weather.

In some families feet are seen as private or dirty and it probably has to do with the smell, but I think this also has to do with foot fetish is common.

I guess maybe it's some additional dimension of intimacy or something for some people.. not necessarily sexual, but just this degree of physical comfort in a public setting that the other party doesn't relate to.. Not sure. Though I won't discount, people repress sexual shit a lot & it comes out in strange ways. Who knows.
    Yes, some people are very formal, and people express their comfort with intimacy in different ways. I personally am not bothered by bare feet or informal attire, however I've always been pretty bothered by people making out in front of me. I don't want to see it or hear it. And it's funny because I'm otherwise so comfortable with talking about sex, viewing nudity, or sex in my own private life. But people kissing and things like that seems intimate to me. Like hi I didn't ask to be invited into your sex life. I'm not talking about short sweet kisses or hugging, I'm talking about full on sloppy groping. It may be because I was raised in a family where that particular level of affection wasn't shown in front of strangers or children or even other family members.

It's hilarious that I would find anything inappropriate probably, but no. I'm actually very secretly freaky. In real life I tell cab drivers to stop asking me so many personal questions and don't want to see strangers making out.

Yeah, I wondered the same, myself. He generally also likes creeping out his girlfriends in various ways, so I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.
    I'm just not sure a person can be "conditioned" that late in life into a fetish. From what I understand those kinds of extreme preferences (people who like feet, or people who fetishize very particular weights like only partners who are very slim or very chubby) come from childhood, and while you could be conditioned to enjoy giving your partner pleasure for example by something you were otherwise prudish about before experiencing it in a relationship...I doubt that someone would make constant jokes about something then later admit to being fully aroused by it.

It seems like a common defense mechanism over something a person feels a bit embarrassed about. Like joking about being a chubby chaser then ending up with a plus size wife, and saying "oh well isn't it weird I fell in love with a big girl!" No, actually. No not really.

*shrug* I don't know your friend though.

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm just not sure a person can be "conditioned" that late in life into a fetish. From what I understand those kinds of extreme preferences (people who like feet, or people who fetishize very particular weights like only partners who are very slim or very chubby) come from childhood, and while you could be conditioned to enjoy giving your partner pleasure for example by something you were otherwise prudish about before experiencing it in a relationship...I doubt that someone would make constant jokes about something then later admit to being fully aroused by it.

It seems like a common defense mechanism over something a person feels a bit embarrassed about. Like joking about being a chubby chaser then ending up with a plus size wife, and saying "oh well isn't it weird I fell in love with a big girl!" No, actually. No not really.

*shrug* I don't know your friend though.
    Yeah, I mean it's not impossible. He's just generally so shameless about most things that I guess I didn't think he'd feel the need to conceal that, but ey, the best place to conceal some things is in plain sight, haha.

Senior Member Array

Do you have a foot fetish or something?
    No.

Could you actually smell his feet (that would be pretty bad and unusual since feet air out more in sandals and flip flops)
    Yes. That's why it was disgusting.

I also get grossed out thinking about this, but not just limited to "flipfloppy feet" (). Shoes are pretty gross when you think about it.

I think in 93's scenario, I would've been more bothered if the guy was seated behind me, & had his bare feet propped up on the backing of the empty seat beside me.
    Shoes or not that's disgusting. I would have moved seats, and if I couldn't do that I would have asked him to refrain from putting his feet on the back of a chair. That's incredibly rude and inconsiderate.

I've never been bothered by feet at all unless they're just really aesthetically off-putting ...like yellow long toe nails or actually are black on the bottom from being outdoors and aren't washed
    This is what the feet of the guy in the movie theatre looked like. I didn't write that post because I happened to see a random guy's random, average, moderately clean bare foot in a public place. I'm not grossed out by a clean bare foot, it's just a foot.

(But I still think people going bare foot and wearing flip-flops in public look unkempt. And you're right, a lot of that probably has to do with culture. Conversely I think the same of people who walk around someone's home with their shoes on. Again, for cultural reasons; it's not so bad in the summer but in the winter you'll track snow, slush, mud, etc. inside.)

Wearing flipflops outside is unkempt?

Ah well, to each his own.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Wearing flipflops outside is unkempt?
    Yes, yes it is!

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/a..._you_slob.html

...flip-flops are foot robes, and seeing hundreds of strangers walk by in dirty, sidewalk-sweeping bathrobes barely held on with loosely tied belts (the analogy holds up all the way through) is no one’s idea of summer fun. Unless your daily commute is a stroll from your hammock across white sands to the piña colada stand you manage in Waikiki, please consider leaving the foot robes at home.

Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Wearing flip-flops (hereafter referred to as thongs) in Australia is so common that I felt genuinely inadequate not being able to walk (far) in them as a kid. It was my first major failure. Not only did it segregate me from the broader thong-wearing collective, but it impaired my running speed due to not being able to wear them on my hands when I needed a speed boost. Because everyone knew that wearing your thongs on your hands instead of your feet made you run faster. I'd try running with my shoes on my hands and found that I ran exactly the same speed as with them on my feet. Some sort of thong-specific aerodynamic property was lacking, probably.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Yes, yes it is!

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/a..._you_slob.html

...flip-flops are foot robes, and seeing hundreds of strangers walk by in dirty, sidewalk-sweeping bathrobes barely held on with loosely tied belts (the analogy holds up all the way through) is no one’s idea of summer fun. Unless your daily commute is a stroll from your hammock across white sands to the piña colada stand you manage in Waikiki, please consider leaving the foot robes at home.
    People in this part of California wear flip flops all of the time because the weather is temperate to hot here usually (except when it rains) and it's common for people to go to the beach or to other outdoor areas.

It's impractical for hiking, and can cause foot pain if you do a lot of hard walking on concrete, but that's why God made Birkenstocks.

No seriously though I think you're exaggerating a little, like this is probably a personal cultural issue for you.

Sane people who wear sandals or flip flops often also wash their feet often (maybe more often ironically than people who wear sweat-and-stink inducing gym shoes everywhere) because there's no other alternative unless you really like having visibly dirty feet.

Civilizations of people wore nothing but sandals for eons, bro.

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma