User Tag List

Page 296 of 729 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 7287

Thread: The Rant Thread

I dont know why but an evening of reading posts on this forum and elsewhere online and watching that fuckwad Gervais has really depressed me.

I've been away all week with work, I dealt with crisis/u-turns in decisions and stuff in that time and all the crap that goes with work without a break but it actually all put me in excellent form you know, then I come home and it all fucks up in record time. WTF.

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I was a dick today. I apologize.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont know why but an evening of reading posts on this forum and elsewhere online and watching that fuckwad Gervais has really depressed me.

I've been away all week with work, I dealt with crisis/u-turns in decisions and stuff in that time and all the crap that goes with work without a break but it actually all put me in excellent form you know, then I come home and it all fucks up in record time. WTF.
    I was kind of a dick today. I'm not sure why. I think it's because over the last few days, I've been realizing that I really don't have to take crap if I don't want. I'm not as powerless as I though, and I can... get thiis... actually do things to shape reality, rather than simply being a passive defenseless observer.

But just because I can use my will on the world, doesn't always mean I should. I also came across a string of posts by another ISFP that really rubbed me the wrong way, and that set the tone for what followed.

My apologies to @Pinker85.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm just amazed and annoyed that amidst all of my concerns, things involving shelter, food and money. I keep thinking about her. It makes me doubt the usefulness of the human condition. Goddamn it, I sound like an INTJ. Maybe I'm taking the wrong tact on this.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I was kind of a dick today. I'm not sure why. I think it's because over the last few days, I've been realizing that I really don't have to take crap if I don't want. I'm not as powerless as I though, and I can... get thiis... actually do things to shape reality, rather than simply being a passive defenseless observer.

But just because I can use my will on the world, doesn't always mean I should. I also came across a string of posts by another ISFP that really rubbed me the wrong way, and that set the tone for what followed.

My apologies to @Pinker85.
    Thanks, it is gracious of you to apologize, but I wasn't offended by anything you wrote. :P If anything it helped me quite a bit as I've been locked in battle thinking about tertiary Si for the last half hour.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    Thanks, it is gracious of you to apologize, but I wasn't offended by anything you wrote. :P If anything it helped me quite a bit as I've been locked in battle thinking about tertiary Si for the last half hour.
    Yeah, I don't really believe those things are true about SFPs. The ISFP description doesn't even really match up with what I was complaining about, that's more of an ESFP thing anyway, and even then, it may not be true across the board.

raised from perdition Array EJCC's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I don't understand how I can spend two and a half weeks trekking through Europe with all my stuff intact, only to have my wallet stolen in fucking Boston.

Now I don't even have the money to get home from the bus station (without calling a friend, which is what I'll likely do).

Fuck you, wallet thief. I hope whatever you spend the $210 on, that you withdrew from an ATM before I canceled my card, ends up being worthless.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Nothing pisses me off more than people who insist on switching between lanes, like some ADHD riddled pre-teen, without using a turning signal. People think I'm weird because I use my turn signal when no one else is around, but I figure it's a good habit to be in, and I'd rather not be on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Nothing pisses me off more than people who insist on switching between lanes, like some ADHD riddled pre-teen, without using a turning signal.
    There, there.

Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    So you want more genuineness? You shall have it.

[...]
    Thanks, someone I know really needs to hear this.

Now onto my rant:

Why is it so difficult for you to see that my willingness to listen to you will depend largely on 1) whether I like you 2) whether I respect you? Frankly you have not been treating me w/respect and/or kindness - why are you so surprised that I'm not willing to give you the time of the day? I don't have time for your bullsh!t, knock it off.

You're asking me about stuff I can't remember and frankly, it's bewildering why you care so much. I thought I made it obvious enough I don't give two sh!ts about you or communicating with you. Good grief, it's been such a long time since someone pissed me off enough to earn him/herself a flat-out doorslam. I think I can usually tell apart malicious/ill-intentioned people from those who're just - for the lack of a better word - callous.

You have no rights to accuse me of being disingenuous - I will freely admit that I lied and pretended to sort of put up with you for a while; but alas... Your passive-agressive attitude and almost undiluted hostility revolts me, & your pathetic attempts provoke reactions in me and hound me into talking to you/playing along with you strikes me as harrassment. I'm not going to put up w/that kind of obnoxious/intrusive behavior for long - I'll be running for the hills before you know it.

I'm all in for a rational discourse if anything, not emotionally charged situations with insults(personal attacks), rage and baseless accusations flying all o'er the place. I have no idea why you're trying to communicate w/me in the first place (I, for one, certainly don't have business with you) but your attitude isn't likely to get me to talk or give you the answers you're looking for [other than for the reason that I have no clue what you're asking/trying to say].

Misunderstandings happen, I know; and though I know I've played at least some part in letting the misunderstandings grow, so to say, I don't think you're worth the effort of ironing 'em out. I'm much more inclined to walk away, because hell, I don't truly care about you in the first place. I don't even KNOW you, for pete's sake. The only thing that kept me from giving you the full taste of my wrath is prolly my laziness["ugh, can't be bothered"] and unwillingness to be involved in drama ('kay, those are two things). Ohhhh boy I hate 'em drama.
    Know that you disgust me, and that you were tolerated and endured, rather than accepted and actually liked.

For the most part I'm all for treating people with respect even if I dislike them - I doubt you deserve such a favor from me.
    Now, I understand that people simply f*ck up sometimes and say some stupid sh!t in the "heat of the moment." Still, I don't put up with repeated offenses. That just screams disrespect and flagrant ignorance. I'm inclined to believe the best guide to future behavior is past behavior.

I've no qualms w/putting up an act and outright lying when I deem it necessary. Hey, if you're not being genuous, why should I be? If I'm being rude/disingenuous, it's probably 'cause you're treating me in that very manner; I assure you it has more to do with your appalling attitude than any serious mental illness or character flaw of mine. Consider it "returning the favor," you know you've been asking for it.

WTF happened to decency, goodwill, genuine kindness and open communication? Blows my mind.

And goddammit, stop forcing your gender prejudices on me. Sure, I am female, but I'm a far cry from being (traditionally) feminine esp. in terms of mindset. I'm not made of glass, don't treat me like some delicate, sensitive widdle flower 'cause it's annoying and demeaning. And of course, that doesn't mean I don't expect to be treated with respect.

There are some things that will make me seriously lose respect for someone, fast - and the lost respect will never be restored in its entirety, if at all.

I can go on and on, but I'm gonna drop the subject for now - for my own sanity. -headdesk-
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.