User Tag List

Page 295 of 727 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 7266

Thread: The Rant Thread

  1. #2941
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,662

    Default

    -----------------
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

  2. #2942
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    I like how no one is saying my commentary isn't true . . . just that I should never ever have said it. :P
    So you want more genuineness? You shall have it.

    I think SFPs are, for the most part, pretentious, self-absorbed dipshits who will choose style over substance every time. THey love to have their ego massaged, and accuse anyone who isn't doing so of being "selfish." Empathy is always accompanied by a sense of anger at having other people's bad vibes "harsh their buzz," so even their empathy has a self-absorbed quality... ultimately, it all comes back to them and their feelings, and if the other person can't shape it up, they need to stop being so "toxic." What the person they claim to care about actually wants and needs is unimportant.

    They love to pretend to "understand" others while showing no actual evidence of doing so.

    They get angry and frustrated with any problem they can't charm/bully their way out of. They are incapable of finishing any book that wasn't written for children.

    Whatever genuineness SFPS might have results from their lack of thinking. They have no problem with trying out "different identities". THey can convince others that they are "authentic" because of how little thought actually goes into what they do. They will never agonize over what to do or where because that involves dealing with matters of substance. Every belief and idea is nothing more than an element of style to be applied or discarded dependent on the context.

    SFP "non conformity" is merely something that is practiced so often it seems effortless, but to claim that this "non-conformity" happens because they "aren't influenced by how people think" is a blatant lie. They may wear strange clothes, and think this makes them rebels, will repeating idiotic tidbits of corporate philosophy they don't even understand. I would be shocked to discover than an SFP had any thoughts of his or her own, because even tastes in music and movies seem to change depending on who they are talking to.

    SFPs have a certain knack for charming people, it is true, but they display no morality in this, and will stab you in the back without a second thought (which is probably what is happening here). For all their talk of genuineness and loyalty, there is no type more disloyal than an SFP. They'll betray or cheat on you, and then expect it to all be ok because they "still really care about you."

    SFPS love to think that they are rational people that believe in "reaity", but ask them for evidence or examples, and they stare at you like a deer in the headlights. They are masters of cherry-picked data, sultans of words and phrases taken out of context.

    Was that genuine enough for you? You're welcome to dispute those points, if you like.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

  3. #2943
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,662

    Default

    ignorant fucks
    by @magpie

  4. #2944
    Status: Full Retard Array Stigmata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    I like how no one is saying my commentary isn't true . . . just that I should never ever have said it. :P
    The sensing is strong with this one.


  5. #2945
    Senior Member Array Pinker85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    So you want more genuineness? You shall have it.

    I think SFPs are, for the most part, pretentious, self-absorbed dipshits who will choose style over substance every time. THey love to have their ego massaged, and accuse anyone who isn't doing so of being "selfish." Empathy is always accompanied by a sense of anger at having other people's bad vibes "harsh their buzz," so even their empathy has a self-absorbed quality... ultimately, it all comes back to them and their feelings, and if the other person can't shape it up, they need to stop being so "toxic." What the person they claim to care about actually wants and needs is unimportant.

    They love to pretend to "understand" others while showing no actual evidence of doing so.

    They get angry and frustrated with any problem they can't charm/bully their way out of. They are incapable of finishing any book that wasn't written for children.

    Whatever genuineness SFPS might have results from their lack of thinking. They have no problem with trying out "different identities". THey can convince others that they are "authentic" because of how little thought actually goes into what they do. They will never agonize over what to do or where because that involves dealing with matters of substance. Every belief and idea is nothing more than an element of style to be applied or discarded dependent on the context.

    SFP "non conformity" is merely something that is practiced so often it seems effortless, but to claim that this "non-conformity" happens because they "aren't influenced by how people think" is a blatant lie. They may wear strange clothes, and think this makes them rebels, will repeating idiotic tidbits of corporate philosophy they don't even understand. I would be shocked to discover than an SFP had any thoughts of his or her own, because even tastes in music and movies seem to change depending on who they are talking to.

    SFPs have a certain knack for charming people, it is true, but they display no morality in this, and will stab you in the back without a second thought (which is probably what is happening here). For all their talk of genuineness and loyalty, there is no type more disloyal than an SFP. They'll betray or cheat on you, and then expect it to all be ok because they "still really care about you."

    SFPS love to think that they are rational people that believe in "reaity", but ask them for evidence or examples, and they stare at you like a deer in the headlights. They are masters of cherry-picked data, sultans of words and phrases taken out of context.

    Was that genuine enough for you?
    haha, that still doesn't address what I initially said. Even if everything you said is true (I disagree, but think you have a right to your opinion) it still wouldn't preclude what I had initially said being true, as well. It almost seems as though you are saying, "yes, item A is red, but look, item B is even redder". You probably could have just said something like "look at the pot calling the kettle black" and saved yourself all the finger strain from typing.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

  6. #2946
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    The sensing is strong with this one.

    No, he/she is not missing the point! Pinker85 is just pointing out "reality." Like that totally real show the Real World!

    haha, that still doesn't address what I initially said. Even if everything you said is true (I disagree, but think you have a right to your opinion) it still wouldn't preclude what I had initially said being true, as well. It almost seems as though you are saying, "yes, item A is red, but look, item B is even redder". You probably could have just said something like "look at the pot calling the kettle black" and saved yourself all the finger strain from typing.
    Why bother? It's not like you would have been any more likely to understand. Although, I'm not surprised you didn't read that. SFPs hate reading.

    Why don't you go put on some 80's glasses or something while the adults are talking? Go do something "genuine" like finding new terrible-looking clothes so that people don't think you care what they think and so that everyone recognizes you as a non-conformist.

    Criticizing INTPs for being "inauthentic" is like criticizing an XSFP for being too "intellectual"". I'm sure we're capable of kissing ass on occasion, but SFPs have made this into a way of life.

    Using your own standards for truth and falsehood, you haven't disproved anything I've said, either.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

  7. #2947
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,662

    Default

    I'm waiting for Pinker85 to give a response. Although reading is involved, so I probably will not get one.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

  8. #2948
    Senior Member Array Pinker85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    742

    Default

    What I'm criticizing is my experience with INTPs where they seem consistently to be riding the middle zone while criticizing other people for being conformists. Most of the time, I really don't give two shits, though. I don't claim to be without hypocrisy or not a douche in some ways myself. But if someone does actually give a shit and thinks I am wrong due to blah, blah typological reason that makes INTPs super non-conformist by nature, well, instead of raging on and on about how much I exhibit these behaviors even more so, and not even really addressing the validity of what had been proposed initially, it'd make more sense for them to prove via typology how I'm incorrect. Obviously, any type of generalized and biased expression is going to be inherently inaccurate in modeling reality to a T and not particularly credible . . . but this is the fucken rant section and as far as I can tell -- tis the fucken name of the game. Now personally, I don't feel the need to disprove anything . . . I'm an ISFP and pretty OK letting people like or dislike whomever they want and for whatever reasons.

    Emo. Listening to Morrissey. Trapped with cousins meandering through a Banana Republic peering on the inside at the stitching and thinking of power law for suede shoes . . . how the store is categorized . . . all the categories and language. A lot like typology. Fuck Banana Republics. Fuck office ready wear. Fuck the NY Times best seller list. I don't know what's wrong with me. Why I can't seem to connect with my life and want to live it in a way that would help me be adjusted . . . and I know it has to be my thinking. And I never mean to be but I just suck happiness out of places and people . . . and end up looking at stores and thinking about the mall . . . play with the words . . . think about how languages are influencing perception of the layout of the store . . . do we recall things entirely based off the sequence in which we encountered items? thinking about how people map the store, short-term memory of what items are where . . . how one language with a different syntactic structure (say subject-object-verb) influences another (say subject-verb-object) and the advertisements I see and patterns chosen to represent the sale items on this sheet posted up front and how it maps to language and the layout of store. And everywhere . . . always are patterns I feel I can't stop thinking about . . . and I walk around and I feel out of place. And people seem to detest me for being so weird. someone near me says something with an accent and I think about the mix up of word order around and ponder at which point does a language become incomprehensible; at which point is something so grammatically unacceptable as to be unintelligible to a native speaker . . . is it different dependent on the similarity of syntax between the languages? Am I this unintelligible type? Does it matter at all?
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

  9. #2949
    Senior Member Array Pinker85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I'm waiting for Pinker85 to give a response.
    Man, someone waiting on me . . . wow, I feel so special. Someone cares.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

  10. #2950
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    What I'm criticizing is my experience with INTPs where they seem consistently to be riding the middle zone while criticizing other people for being conformists.
    What middle zone? You mean, not picking a team? How is "not picking a team" an example of conformity? Wouldn't conformity be joining a team? Somehow, you're seeing a contradiction where there isn't one.



    Most of the time, I really don't give two shits, though. I don't claim to be without hypocrisy or not a douche in some ways myself. But if someone does actually give a shit and thinks I am wrong due to blah, blah typological reason that makes INTPs super non-conformist by nature,
    Which type is more likely to be thought weird by others? ISFP, or INTP?


    well, instead of raging on and on about how much I exhibit these behaviors even more so, and not even really addressing the validity of what had been proposed initially, it'd make more sense for them to prove via typology how I'm incorrect.
    Why would this make sense? Citations, please. I already provided a link to a typology site. What more proof for an unverified theory can we possibly have?
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 03:44 PM
  3. The thread critic thread/The bumpin' threads thread
    By UniqueMixture in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 04:23 AM
  4. The Introvert Rant Thread
    By Lightyear in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
  5. Childfree: The Rational Spawn of a Rant Thread
    By Totenkindly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO