Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 7259

Thread: The Rant Thread

Demolition Disco Array Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Fucking electronic music. I don't get it. I mean I love Kraftwerk, I like me some YMO, stuff with synth like Glass Candy. I don't mind going out dancing to House, even Dub Step or whatever is playing. But I don't care to know DJ names, identify sub-genres, or listen to the stuff when I'm not out. Just not my universe.
    Oh, that's my universe, sorry - I was wondering where I'd left it.

*takes all of the electronic music and rolls around in it, on the lawn, naked, for all the world to see/hear*
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 (counterphobin')
    Sx > Sp
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Which reminds me, I haven't looked at [my phone] in about a day and a half. I should probably check it...
    No calls, no texts: no surprise!

Rant:

I have nothing against You've Got Mail (in fact I just heard a very prescient line: "when you finally have the pleasure of saying the thing you mean to say at the moment you mean to say it, remorse inevitably follows"), but I don't think it's necessary to (seemingly) air it on TV every single time I turn on the TV. I don't even watch much TV, and inevitably whenever I do sit down and turn it on You've Got Mail is on! Surely there is something else to show. Something I haven't seen a dozen or more times.

EDIT: Channel surfed and came back to it. Said just now: "The odd thing about this form of communication is that you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings." *sigh* Fuck.

Might as well keep watching now.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Well, it is a great movie!

Oddly it's not one of the movies that's always on when I'm channel-surfing. Somehow I always end up coming across either the last half hour of "Independence Day", or the last 15 minutes of "My Cousin Vinny". (It works b/c the last 15 minutes are the best part of that movie -- and the most quotable. "My father was a mechanic. His father was a mechanic. My mothers father was a mechanic, my 3 brothers are mechanics, 4 uncles on my fathers side are mechanics...")
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Fucking electronic music. I don't get it. I mean I love Kraftwerk, I like me some YMO, stuff with synth like Glass Candy. I don't mind going out dancing to House, even Dub Step or whatever is playing. But I don't care to know DJ names, identify sub-genres, or listen to the stuff when I'm not out. Just not my universe.
    Me neither, I accidentally ended up at a rave a couple weeks ago and felt so ridiculous. This guy had those gloves with the lights on his fingers and wanted to give me a "light show," I kept trying to refuse but he assured me it'd be amazing so I had to sit there for 5 minutes while he waved his fingers in my face trying to figure out how to politely leave.

It was at some warehouse in east oakland and they're open until 6am almost every night. And sell alcohol without carding lol. I'm sure it was mostly teenagers.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ Well, it is a great movie!
    You'll get no argument from me, it's just feeling a little overplayed to me recently.

(And yeah, I watched most of the rest of it.)

Oddly it's not one of the movies that's always on when I'm channel-surfing. Somehow I always end up coming across either the last half hour of "Independence Day", or the last 15 minutes of "My Cousin Vinny". (It works b/c the last 15 minutes are the best part of that movie -- and the most quotable. "My father was a mechanic. His father was a mechanic. My mothers father was a mechanic, my 3 brothers are mechanics, 4 uncles on my fathers side are mechanics...")
    Ha, yes, that courtroom exchange is awesome. The best part about it is it's absolutely true, as far as I know: the Pontiac Tempest really did look very similar to a Buick Skylark at a distance but the Skylark had a solid rear axle whereas the Tempest had an independent rear suspension with a rear-mounted transaxle.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    Oh, that's my universe, sorry - I was wondering where I'd left it.

*takes all of the electronic music and rolls around in it, on the lawn, naked, for all the world to see/hear*
    One of the better things about the EDM scene, girls on E.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Me neither, I accidentally ended up at a rave a couple weeks ago and felt so ridiculous. This guy had those gloves with the lights on his fingers and wanted to give me a "light show," I kept trying to refuse but he assured me it'd be amazing so I had to sit there for 5 minutes while he waved his fingers in my face trying to figure out how to politely leave.

It was at some warehouse in east oakland and they're open until 6am almost every night. And sell alcohol without carding lol. I'm sure it was mostly teenagers.
    Shoulda got your boyfriend to beat him up. I need to find some people who know where the good parties are at around here, when I have time.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Screw with my friends, I will declare war. Peaceful INFJ gone all out ESTP rage.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Screw with my friends, I will declare war. Peaceful INFJ gone all out ESTP rage.
    Due to our unspoken Friend Treaty, a declaration of war by you means that I automatically declare war too! Let's get 'em!

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Due to our unspoken Friend Treaty, a declaration of war by you means that I automatically declare war too! Let's get 'em!
    YES!!!

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Demolition Disco Array Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

One of the better things about the EDM scene, girls on E.
    That was my natural, sober state, actually.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 (counterphobin')
    Sx > Sp
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good