User Tag List

Page 285 of 729 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 7287

Thread: The Rant Thread

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Sometimes telling someone to fuck off really is a pleasant relief, I need to practice more....by telling myself to fuck off.

"An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I'm so frustrated I could scream!

There's this bill that my client should have payed ages ago. A little over two weeks ago I phoned the head of their bookkeeping department to ask if he needed any additional information (because they had claimed there was something wrong with it but then backpaddled) and he said "okay, I'll order this bill to be payed right now". So I waited for the money to show up on my bank account. Nothing.

So last friday I call him again - officially to ask if he could please also pay the other, newer bills which amount to quite a bit and subtract a discount for early payment. His reply:"Oh, I didn't get around to doing that. But it's right here in front of me on my desk. And my colleague is currently looking into your other bills as we speak. I'll order the bill to be payed right now". So I waited for the money to show up on my bank account. Nothing.

So I called again today, he was friendly, but sounded a little weary of me already. He said that they were very busy and in the middle of finishing the annual balance. As for my money, the one he had promosed to pay immediately for two weeks now ------wait for it! ---- "I'll make sure a payment is ordered sometime this week so that you will have the money by the beginning of next week".

Oh, and I currently have 15 Euros in my account. They owe me thousands.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Array

There are dark clouds and I am not talking about the weather! The wheel revolves once more in Egypt yet the country decided to do so the week I am supposed to go on vacation! Perhaps all will be well for my entourage though the Pyramids aka the reason why I agreed to come may have to be removed from the schedule.

Ginkgo

Stop shivering damn you.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I'm so frustrated I could scream!

<rant>
    Do you charge interest for late payments?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Do you charge interest for late payments?
    This is only the second time in 6 years that I have to face a breach of the terms of payment. I'll probably tolerate it this once because I really need this client. What really drives me up the walls is being lied to - repeatedly! - when the guy could have just told me that he is too busy right now but will see to it that it gets done ASAP and send me a notification when it's done. Tomorrow is the last workday of the week. If they haven't send me a payment notification by early afternoon, I'll call them AGAIN (forth time then) and bug them until they do it while I listen to them tying the payment order.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Array

Even though this is only the second time in six years it seems you can just barely afford for it to happen even once. Maybe an interest clause will encourage your clients to pay you on time, every time in future.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Even those this is only the second time in six years it seems you can just barely afford for it to happen even once. Maybe an interest clause will encourage your clients to pay you on time, every time in future.
    We are using the client's terms and conditions. He is breaking his own terms right now.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    We are using the client's terms and conditions. He is breaking his own terms right now.

Nice.

Senior Member Array

Dear marching band practicing at 9:51 pm,

Kindly fuck off.

Thanks,

93JC