User Tag List

Page 283 of 729 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 7283

Thread: The Rant Thread

Ginkgo

I probably sound like a shitty dog owner to someone out there.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    LOL. He'd probably piss on the carpet in resentment. Charlie stepped on something outside and now he's tearing the hairs off in between his foot pads, scraping his paw all over the place. Plus, yesterday he was constipated and trying desperately to relieve himself by spazzing out on the carpet (kind of normal behavior but still ??????). He's just experienced a run of bad luck and if things persist I'll have to take him to the vet today or tomorrow. I know it's conventional to immediately address the problem but he's stepped on things in the past without suffering for it for very long. He can still walk, though he's still sort of favoring his other 3 legs.
    Aw, isn't he a bit older now? Take him to the vet sooner, if that's the case. Shit doesn't bounce back so easily with age.

I probably sound like a shitty dog owner to someone out there.
    Vets are obscenely expensive- I don't think anyone would blame you for wanting to wait and see. The constipation thing sounds a bit alarming, though, reading over it again. He might have a painful blockage. Don't wait too long. Try to, eh, observe when he's put out to relieve himself. See how much he strains or if he goes at all. And what comes out. You could try adding canned peas to his food, btw. That helped my dog out a lot.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Aw, isn't he a bit older now? Take him to the vet sooner, if that's the case. Shit doesn't bounce back so easily with age.
    Yeah.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yeah.
    Best thing to do with aging pets is be proactive about their health so you save them suffering & save on vet bills later.

You might wanna look into low-cost "free" vet clinics in your area, too. They're not bad & cost significantly less for care.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

Ginkgo

Best thing to do with aging pets is be proactive about their health so you save them suffering & save on vet bills later.

You might wanna look into low-cost "free" vet clinics in your area, too. They're not bad & cost significantly less for care.
    At this point, he's pooping without any blood or mucus to speak of, though they are a bit wet and loose. But yeah, I'll take him to the vet anyway; I can afford it. Last time I took a pet in to the vet for a serious issue (I think I told you about this), they went and put the hamster under oxygen. The face gear was meant for dogs and cats, and they charged my mom out the nose, so the whole thing was really just absurd. The thing that concerns me most is whether they'll ask for my consent before implementing any significant treatment.

My other dog suffered from a dislocated disc in his vertebrae, and the vet suggested that we use a more "natural" treatment at far less the expense. He had, according to the vet, about a 5-10% chance of making it through his paralysis, and he trucked through it like a boss with a total turn around.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

At this point, he's pooping without any blood or mucus to speak of, though they are a bit wet and loose. But yeah, I'll take him to the vet anyway; I can afford it. Last time I took a pet in to the vet for a serious issue (I think I told you about this), they went and put the hamster under oxygen. The face gear was meant for dogs and cats, and they charged my mom out the nose, so the whole thing was really just absurd. The thing that concerns me most is whether they'll ask for my consent before implementing any significant treatment.

My other dog suffered from a dislocated disc in his vertebrae, and the vet suggested that we use a more "natural" treatment at far less the expense. He had, according to the vet, about a 5-10% chance of making it through his paralysis, and he trucked through it like a boss with a total turn around.
    They'll probably wanna update his vaccination shots, if any are needed.
    And to do a complete bloodwork- that, I don't think you should skip. They may ask for a stool sample when you go in. They like it to be within 24 hours of the appointment.

They actually asked us to collect a urine sample for our dog which was awkward as fuck to get- with my cat they just put a small needle in & collect the urine, or something. But yeah.. they said a lot of people just try to catch it with a fucking.. soup ladle or some shit.. i didn't see how that'd work. Our dog was small.. so.. I resorted to taping a ziploc bag on his lower abdomen, fully encasing his little dog weiner, so, when he peed, it all went into the bag. I put that bag into a second plastic bag just for an extra barrier between me and the pee while transporting it to the vet.

They may want to do a wound culture on the dogs paw, or do an Xray of his abdomen to check for blockages. These are costly but unfortunately necessary to see what's wrong.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    My hometown was a cool 86 with severe thunderstorms! *cries even harder*
    You miss your severe thunderstorms??
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Ooh a hug! Hey! Where's my blanket?! I'm still in need of some flannelfication....(and you call yourself a TJ... )
    The hug is pushing it as is... I'll leave this pink fuzzy blanket here, and we'll pretend like this never happened.
    *awkwardly looks around*
    *walks away very quickly*
    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Ha totally. I want/need some more T's in my life.

We're all over the place here!

IRL, just look for the unsolicited opinions -- that narrows it down to Fe or Te. If the unsolicited opinions are sneaky and manipulative, it's Fe, but if they're direct to the point of you going "What the eff is wrong with you??", then you've met one of my ETJ brethren.

/only half kidding
    /maybe two thirds
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

You people disgust me.
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Ginkgo

They'll probably wanna update his vaccination shots, if any are needed.
    And to do a complete bloodwork- that, I don't think you should skip. They may ask for a stool sample when you go in. They like it to be within 24 hours of the appointment.

They actually asked us to collect a urine sample for our dog which was awkward as fuck to get- with my cat they just put a small needle in & collect the urine, or something. But yeah.. they said a lot of people just try to catch it with a fucking.. soup ladle or some shit.. i didn't see how that'd work. Our dog was small.. so.. I resorted to taping a ziploc bag on his lower abdomen, fully encasing his little dog weiner, so, when he peed, it all went into the bag. I put that bag into a second plastic bag just for an extra barrier between me and the pee while transporting it to the vet.

They may want to do a wound culture on the dogs paw, or do an Xray of his abdomen to check for blockages. These are costly but unfortunately necessary to see what's wrong.
    Yeah a ziploc or some sort of tupperware sounds more viable.

@ soup ladle

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    You miss your severe thunderstorms??

The hug is pushing it as is... I'll leave this pink fuzzy blanket here, and we'll pretend like this never happened.
    *awkwardly looks around*
    *walks away very quickly*
    Yes. I do. Very much...even the severe ones.

Ha...it's okay. Your displays of inferior Fi are safe with me!