User Tag List

Page 271 of 728 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 7273

Thread: The Rant Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Does it mean anything to say your sorry? I mean just saying you're sorry but than doing nothing to rectify the situation? I don't think it makes sense to just say sorry. You can say sorry til your blue in the face, but it's meaningless unless you change what is upsetting the other person. Like say alarm clocks going off 3 times, when you've said can you please try to get up after the first or second alarm. Yet the person keeps hitting snooze 3-5 times waking you up, and you have problems going back to sleep.

Personally I rather try to fix the problem rather than say sorry
    by @magpie

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm tired of people blaming Americans for what the American government does, for blaming Russians for what the Russian government does, and for blaming T-Mobile and Ralph's employees for what T-Mobile and Ralph's does.

It's how powerful people hide. They do things and their people are blamed for it. How are people even stupid enough to fall for this anymore, in this day and age?

Oh McDonald's sucks, I should blame this minimum wage employee. I hate Vladimir Putin, apparently I should blame Russian ex-patriots, I hate everything about American government/corporations, and apparently this is some random fat dumb guys fault who lives in a trailer and can barely afford health insurance.

If people were smart, they'd all be Bolsheviks and murder powerful people, that's the only conclusion I can come to.

People kill powerful people to put more powerful people in power. Even anarchy would create a kind of chaos that would eventually put a sociopath or physical brute into power.

Which is why anarcho-capitalist libertarianism would fail. We'd just end up with Exxon or Sug Knight ruling us, or both.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I'm tired of people blaming Americans for what the American government does, for blaming Russians for what the Russian government does, and for blaming T-Mobile and Ralph's employees for what T-Mobile and Ralph's does.

It's how powerful people hide. They do things and their people are blamed for it. How are people even stupid enough to fall for this anymore, in this day and age?

Oh McDonald's sucks, I should blame this minimum wage employee. I hate Vladimir Putin, apparently I should blame Russian ex-patriots, I hate everything about American government/corporations, and apparently this is some random fat dumb guys fault who lives in a trailer and can barely afford health insurance.

If people were smart, they'd all be Bolsheviks and murder powerful people, that's the only conclusion I can come to.

People kill powerful people to put more powerful people in power. Even anarchy would create a kind of chaos that would eventually put a sociopath or physical brute into power.

Which is why anarcho-capitalist libertarianism would fail. We'd just end up with Exxon or Sug Knight ruling us, or both.
    listen.

listen

libertarianism isn't even a thing. Like, it's not even an idealogy. I'm not excusing it. I'm just saying that libertarians make decisions about their shit regardless, in a way that effects the world, for better or for worse, in both liberal and conservative respects.

So it's like.. just a language game. You know?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    libertarianism isn't even a thing. Like, it's not even an idealogy. I'm not excusing it. I'm just saying that libertarians make decisions about their shit regardless, in a way that effects the world, for better or for worse, in both liberal and conservative respects.
    Out of curiosity, would you care to elaborate?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Out of curiosity, would you care to elaborate?
    It's just a philosophy about personal responsibility in terms what liberties they already have. Free speech, ability to access illegal drugs, etc. etc. It's pure resistance against the state, for the sake of resisting authority. There's nothing about it that seeks to change the political atmosphere - only to destroy it. In it's purest form. I'm not saying that all libertarians follow this train of thought. I'm just saying that you may as well take a stance about how you wish the nature of government should be, since it's, ironically, an essential consequence of human nature.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

It's just a philosophy about personal responsibility in terms what liberties they already have. Free speech, ability to access illegal drugs, etc. etc. It's pure resistance against the state, for the sake of resisting authority. There's nothing about it that seeks to change the political atmosphere - only to destroy it. In it's purest form. I'm not saying that all libertarians follow this train of thought. I'm just saying that you may as well take a stance about how you wish the nature of government should be, since it's, ironically, an essential consequence of human nature.
    I would argue that how true that is would depend on which sub-type of libertarian you're talking about, but I see what you mean. Thanks.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    ..all of your "TSA APPROVED" checked-luggage locks appear about as durable as soggy toilet paper.

I hate you.

Best regards,
    -Lex

Have fun!

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

I want to take egocentric brats, stick them in a locked room, wallop them with giant nerf bats for several days and watch them gradually go insane.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Exactly. That's why I call it the other side of the coin of communism, and The American Conservative calls it the Marxism of the right.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Oh.. the rage.. the indescribable hate coursing through my veins like liquid fire right now.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...musical-447361

I posted in the comments there, I was so mad. So mad I posted a comment on a stupid Hollywood news site.

I have run out of words, for now. I need a drink.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.