User Tag List

Page 261 of 727 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 7270

Thread: The Rant Thread

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I've had this migraine for 4 days straight now.. the Imitrex is just masking it for hours at a time.
    Enough already. Be gone!

Don't bang your head against a wall; that'll probably make your migraines worse.

I'm here to complain about migraines, too. Imitrex mostly works for me, thankfully; but it also tends to present a choice between "being in pain" and "being woozy as shit." Either way, I'm at least somewhat out of commission.

I wish you luck, as migraines are a bitch.

Also, fuck weather/pressure changes. They gimp me in the head, hip, and knees.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Don't bang your head against a wall; that'll probably make your migraines worse.
    But it'd hurl me into sweet, sweet unconsciousness!

I wish you luck, as migraines are a bitch.
    D'aww, thanks. I think it's more that I am migraines' bitch, haha.

Also, fuck weather/pressure changes. They gimp me in the head, hip, and knees.
    Fuck the weather to hell. Migraine triggers, & pain triggers in my right knee/foot I had surgery on, my left knee I need surgery on (eventually [torn meniscus from wear & tear/probably from walking unevenly]), left hip on occasion, & my midspine where I fractured my T7 in 2007.

Hot baths help, though. They just need to make standard tubs larger for the tall people, so I can be immersed completely.

..Or maybe someday I can upload my consciousness into a new body, or a bionic one.
    Either way, I want a refund.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

I hate the way the forum sub sections are organized, The Bonfire, The Fluffzone,etc I never know where to look for an offtopic thread! Pandaaaaaaaa Y U no fix this @Patches!!!111
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I had coffee, drank water, took pills, tried napping, and STILL have a headache. Also, it's too hot. Grumble, grumble, rant, rant, rant.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I really can't fathom when people wait to tell who they are dating things like having a disease, being transgender, or about any other frowned upon yet relevant life experiences.
    I was reading through a herpes support group where someone told the person they had been seeing that they had herpes and the person deemed it not worth the risk. The first poster said "maybe you told them too soon" and stated they should wait until around month 3-4. I don't understand. I mean.. I understand in terms of not wanting to be judged for it right out of the gate.. and not wanting it to define who the person is.
    At the same time, I don't at all understand allowing for enough time to be fallen for- to lure someone in to an extent- and then drop that bomb on them like it wasn't known the entire time.
    Personally, I would rather be with the person who has known all along and either accepted the situation from the start- or grew to accept the situation of their own accord over time. It seems too underhanded to wait until someone has invested so much of themselves to then make them feel obligated to accept it due to their predisposed feelings. It really disappoints me, especially as someone who is very open about it and who is with someone that understands and accepts the situation.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Thief in the Night Array Bilateral Entry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I really can't fathom when people wait to tell who they are dating things like having a disease, being transgender, or about any other frowned upon yet relevant life experiences.
    I was reading through a herpes support group where someone told the person they had been seeing that they had herpes and the person deemed it not worth the risk. The first poster said "maybe you told them too soon" and stated they should wait until around month 3-4. I don't understand. I mean.. I understand in terms of not wanting to be judged for it right out of the gate.. and not wanting it to define who the person is.
    At the same time, I don't at all understand allowing for enough time to be fallen for- to lure someone in to an extent- and then drop that bomb on them like it wasn't known the entire time.
    Personally, I would rather be with the person who has known all along and either accepted the situation from the start- or grew to accept the situation of their own accord over time. It seems too underhanded to wait until someone has invested so much of themselves to then make them feel obligated to accept it due to their predisposed feelings. It really disappoints me, especially as someone who is very open about it and who is with someone that understands and accepts the situation.
    I thought I had herpes. Then I figured out it was just a really big unfortunate pimple.

You don't understand why someone would reel someone in, before dropping a bomb on them? Come on. COME oooooonnnn 24 year old ENFJ. You fit the profile of someone who would understand this. You should be explaining it to me You know how most people play the dating game... pick someone who they find attractive, and conquer them, like a conquest, like a challenge, like a game. Get what you want. Most don't look for a REAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL love connection, or say they do but don't really even understand what that is. IMO, most are looking for the newest, latest, greatest, handsomest, hottest, richest, most charismatic, most understanding, highest social status, blah blah blah the most of everything they want or need. Reel them in, CONQUER THEM. Most people are selfish pricks when it comes to... everything, but they're also sheep, so they were programmed to be that way too.

Thief in the Night Array Bilateral Entry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I've had this migraine for 4 days straight now.. the Imitrex is just masking it for hours at a time.
    Enough already. Be gone!

Hey I'm really sorry about that. I mean it. I feel the sympathy in my little grinch heart. This strange new sensation.... it radiates..... from my.... chest... sub sternally... to my abdomen, shoulders and trapezius... this.... throb... like butterflies... like I'm on a rollercoaster.... no... wait no..... it's like i'm free falling... omg......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. IS THIS WHAT SYMPATHY FEELS LIKE? Or am I in love? I'm confused. Feelings have confused me. ABORT!

Since I was 15, I used to have migraines 1-2 times a year. They would last about 4 hours. I thought it was the worst pain in the world. Then I talked to a female (she was about 18, so I don't know to call her a girl or a woman... it's a real gray area. I mean, 18's an adult.... kinda.... too young to drink.... so maybe not quite... and she seemed not so womanlike to me.. so let's just call her a female) who got migraines once a week, that were SO BAD that she became incoherent. It hurt so bad she could barely speak. When she's not having a migraine she's just fine though. Like a regular female. A lively one, at that. So then I realized my migraines weren't that bad.

Then I lost my job. Uh... yeah... real sad.... thing is though....... I have not gotten a migraine ever since. It's really weird. Like, the correlation is undeniable. I don't get sick anymore either. I guess stress really does weaken the immune system. No but seriously, it really does. It's scientifically proven. Emotional stress significantly weakens the immune system. It also causes rheumatoid arthritis. But I digress. Point is, I had migraines before too, and for me to imagine you having it for 4 days.... it breaks my little grinch heart

Also... if I can hold your attention another couple of paragraphs... my ex-co-worker's husband was perfectly fine, had no major health problems, never had a migraine. Then one day... suddenly... at age 35... he got a migraine that never went away. I fucking kid you not. He's been on full disability for over 15 years now. Like.... damn... like... DAMN.... to be living your life just fine and dandy, and one day have something horrible happen to just take it all away.... and give you pain.... all day every day...... suicide has been discussed, but they decided not to....

Annyyways... hope you feel better!

garbage

"can you do my job for me plz thx in advance "

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bilateral Entry View Post
    Hey I'm really sorry about that. I mean it. I feel the sympathy in my little grinch heart. This strange new sensation.... it radiates..... from my.... chest... sub sternally... to my abdomen, shoulders and trapezius... this.... throb... like butterflies... like I'm on a rollercoaster.... no... wait no..... it's like i'm free falling... omg......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. IS THIS WHAT SYMPATHY FEELS LIKE? Or am I in love? I'm confused. Feelings have confused me. ABORT!

This emoticon seems appropriate:

Since I was 15, I used to have migraines 1-2 times a year. They would last about 4 hours. I thought it was the worst pain in the world. Then I talked to a female (she was about 18, so I don't know to call her a girl or a woman... it's a real gray area. I mean, 18's an adult.... kinda.... too young to drink.... so maybe not quite... and she seemed not so womanlike to me.. so let's just call her a female) who got migraines once a week, that were SO BAD that she became incoherent. It hurt so bad she could barely speak. When she's not having a migraine she's just fine though. Like a regular female. A lively one, at that. So then I realized my migraines weren't that bad.

Then I lost my job. Uh... yeah... real sad.... thing is though....... I have not gotten a migraine ever since. It's really weird. Like, the correlation is undeniable. I don't get sick anymore either. I guess stress really does weaken the immune system. No but seriously, it really does. It's scientifically proven. Emotional stress significantly weakens the immune system. It also causes rheumatoid arthritis. But I digress. Point is, I had migraines before too, and for me to imagine you having it for 4 days.... it breaks my little grinch heart
    @bold- Hah, don't I know it. I won't go into detail, but I kind of deteriorated once I had to move back to my mother's for surgeries. Even doctors started mentioning the immune system aspect to me. And looking over the past couple.. years. It's absolutely true. I've always gotten migraines, even living on my own/stable/happy, but not to where they last a week or more. I'm on day 8, now, I think? On/off. I probably have a hereditary predisposition for them, but the environment's exacerbating it. Getting more meds soon.

And the hell outta here.

Also... if I can hold your attention another couple of paragraphs... my ex-co-worker's husband was perfectly fine, had no major health problems, never had a migraine. Then one day... suddenly... at age 35... he got a migraine that never went away. I fucking kid you not. He's been on full disability for over 15 years now. Like.... damn... like... DAMN.... to be living your life just fine and dandy, and one day have something horrible happen to just take it all away.... and give you pain.... all day every day...... suicide has been discussed, but they decided not to....

Annyyways... hope you feel better!
    This immediately came to mind:

(apparently the regular 10 second clip was taken down for copyright issues. This is almost better.)
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Here's a particularly frustrating thing.

A person who seems to be of equal intelligence to you, who generally seems to agree with you, perhaps disagreeing only mildly or trivially, who never the less feels the need to become mindlessly hostile toward anyone that disagrees with him/her to any extent, including you.

That person is much worse than a blatant jackass, because that person lays a trap for you and reels you in. And when it's over, you aren't just mad at that person for being a douche, you're upset at all the potential that has been wasted.
    Go to sleep, iguana.